First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not put on 2 as the lower numbers are higher rated. Move the lights far towards six as possible. On my raptor I tried to put a 3 pack in bumper on 6 and it blew fuse, so they ended up on 2 (4 lights total, 2 fogs are on 5)

I think each group of 2 switches have different rating, 1,2 then 3,4 then 5.6. So save 1 and 2 for the biggest items you plan to connect.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would not put on 2 as the lower numbers are higher rated. Move the lights far towards six as possible. On my raptor I tried to put a 3 pack in bumper on 6 and it blew fuse, so they ended up on 2 (4 lights total, 2 fogs are on 5)

I think each group of 2 switches have different rating, 1,2 then 3,4 then 5.6. So save 1 and 2 for the biggest items you plan to connect.
great point, looking at the fuse size, I’ll
Probably move them to position 3, this will keep positions 1 and 2 open for future light bar, and other higher draw items. Thank you!

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco ABCF36B5-2FCA-4D99-BAFA-6A8BED384B46

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
interesting. so bronco aux switches are much more powerful than the raptor.

The raptor has

aux 1 and 2 >> 15amps
aux 3 and 4 >> 10amps
aux 5 and 6 >> 5amps

great point, looking at the fuse size, Ill
Probably move them to position 3, this will keep positions 1 and 2 for future light bar, and other higher draw items. Thank you!

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco ABCF36B5-2FCA-4D99-BAFA-6A8BED384B46

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I took delivery of a pair of S2 Pro lights today that I mounted in the pod position. I took care of the cowl mounting first to see what kind of space I was working with underneath and it looks managable.

I also got the upfitter wiring harness and the 55" splitter to run both lights off a single switch.

Here are a couple of photos of the lights mounted, I wanted to go low profile for the ditch lights mainly for aesthetics.

This last picture was just for fun. The wife and I took a ride to get some ice cream because it was a nice cool night.

So now I have to get the wiring completed. I am going to run the pod lights off switch 2 (saving switch 1 for fogs). Looking at the wiring diagram, I'm wondering if I'm able to simply use the connector on the upfitter harness and snap that onto the wire for switch 2. It's already powered so I'm assuming so. I watched the Bronco Nation video where they connected their rigid pod light. In that video, they connected one of the switches to one of the circuits that go behind the glove box and wired it up from there. The BD upfitter harness also has a connection for a ground which I have spotted a few areas where I can ensure it's secure.

Sorry for the dumb question but if anyone has wired up pod lights on their Bronco or has some insight, I would love to hear it. Otherwise, I'm going to do a little trial and error to see if I can finish this off on my own. Shout out to @Baja Designs for making some seriously high-quality lights!
Thanks for the post. Please post pics/video at night, once you get it wired up. I’m digging the discrete look…especially if this smaller light has enough output to light up the ditch/sides….I think it was zone 2 in their diagram.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing this. Congrats on the setup!

Personally, I’m not a huge fan of ditch lights. If I had to get them, I’d likely go for larger ones or the ones you see some Jeeps have with one light pod stacked on top of another. These just seem too easy to steal as well.

Again, just my opinion.

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A spread beam high is going to light up your hood... I'm doing spot beam high, combo on bumper and the Baja insert kit for fog, combo and ditch lights

Screenshot_20210710-224352_Facebook.jpg

LP6 THUMB.jpg

447760_l3.jpg

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

interesting. so bronco aux switches are much more powerful than the raptor.

The raptor has

aux 1 and 2 >> 15amps
aux 3 and 4 >> 10amps
aux 5 and 6 >> 5amps
Yeah, that's the only thing with a higher power rating on the Bronco over the Raptor. rofl 🙂

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks good! Now I need some night video and feedback lol

Sponsored

AJK522

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Mercury Marauder
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice, I was going to run the same S2 pros but in amber as my ditch lights as well! Looks good

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They look like the lights I ordered off Amazon to put on my golf cart. I hope these companies are sending you this stuff for free that you're advertising for them. I'd probably never buy those at all.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A spread beam high is going to light up your hood... I'm doing spot beam high, combo on bumper and the Baja insert kit for fog, combo and ditch lights

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco 447760_l3

Ford Bronco Baja Designs S2 Pro Driving / Combo Light Install on 2021 Bronco 447760_l3

I’m going to see how bad the reflection is on the widespread part of the lense. I may flip the lenses around to keep the spot on the inside. It’s 9° for the spot and 42° for the cornering. Just got power to them this morning. I gotta clean up the wires and take photos for y’all.

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did not get their fog kit yet, I’m waiting to see if they offer something with a few less lights. But 100% want to get the SAE Amber Squadrons on there.
Watch some videos comparing their SAE lights vs competitors. BD SAE seem weak in my opinion.

OP
OP
BronchoPeat

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They look like the lights I ordered off Amazon to put on my golf cart. I hope these companies are sending you this stuff for free that you're advertising for them. I'd probably never buy those at all.
I understand where you’re coming from on the free advertising but they can’t give everyone with a Bronco free stuff just cause they’re posting up their brand to a large audience. I’m doing this for the members so that someone getting their Bronco has resources to build their rig. This forum is an incredible wealth of knowledge and I want to do my part to contribute to the community.

Color me naive if you want to but I know what I’m about.
Sponsored