Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Raptor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I tackled enhanced lighting as on of my first mods. I've always liked Baja Designs going back several years to a Raptor build. Clean, bright lights that are well built. Good support. Not putting down any other brand/quality, just noting my preference. BD does not currently offer a triple light mount for the modular bumper which accommodates three full-size lights. Their offering limits the available lights to a Squadron Pro and some S2s.

I selected @SPVPARTS Triple Fog Light Kit and am very happy with it. Well made, fit and finish are exceptional. I opted for BD spot, driving/combo, wide cornering (amber) and couldn't be more happy. Their provided harness is top notch, easy fish up from the bumper, along the drivers fender and to the connection point for the aux switches or into the cabin if you prefer a separate switch(es). The three, full-sized light option makes all the difference.

On the A-pillars, I tried a single light and two-light option. A pic of the four light A-pillar config included at the end. I decided to stay with one full-sized BD Racer per side to really throw some light beyond the bumper lights. Four lights, while it looks nice, the light really hit the hood and caused more glare than I cared for.

For those, I used the BD aux wiring harness, ran it along the firewall and terminated it over by the aux wires along with the bumper lights. Again, a very OEM-looking install that was easy to do.

Install tip: get your lights in place and snug them up to where you can move them with your hand but that they won't move on their own. Once you aim them, pull the horse back in the garage, remove the three mounting screws, pull the whole mount down, then snug up each light while holding them in place. It's really fast and keeps the amount of knuckle-busting to a minimum.

Install note: the lights are not blocked by the bumper. The front-on shot looks like it, but that is not the case. All three lights are visible and project their full lumens. un-occluded.

Hope this helps someone.

Special Performance Parts light kit can be found [HERE]

Ford Bronco Baja Designs & SPV Triple Fog Light Kit (Modular Bumper) Install IMG_3250
Ford Bronco Baja Designs & SPV Triple Fog Light Kit (Modular Bumper) Install IMG_3251
Ford Bronco Baja Designs & SPV Triple Fog Light Kit (Modular Bumper) Install IMG_3160
Ford Bronco Baja Designs & SPV Triple Fog Light Kit (Modular Bumper) Install IMG_3252
Ford Bronco Baja Designs & SPV Triple Fog Light Kit (Modular Bumper) Install 68645544163__A2CD4A2F-ED30-4F92-92C1-C66096030D1B
Sponsored

Last edited:

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I tackled enhanced lighting as on of my first mods. I've always liked Baja Designs going back several years to a Raptor build. Clean, bright lights that are well built. Good support. Not putting down any other brand/quality, just noting my preference. BD does not currently offer a triple light mount for the modular bumper which accommodates three full-size lights. Their offering limits the available lights to a Squadron Pro and some S2s.

I selected SPV's Triple Fog Light Kit and am very happy with it. Well made, fit and finish are exceptional. I opted for BD spot, driving/combo, wide cornering (amber) and couldn't be more happy. Their provided harness is top notch, easy fish up from the bumper, along the drivers fender and to the connection point for the aux switches or into the cabin if you prefer a separate switch(es). The three, full-sized light option makes all the difference.

On the A-pillars, I tried a single light and two-light option. A pic of the four light A-pillar config included at the end. I decided to stay with one full-sized BD Racer per side to really throw some light beyond the bumper lights. Four lights, while it looks nice, the light really hit the hood and caused more glare than I cared for.

For those, I used the BD aux wiring harness, ran it along the firewall and terminated it over by the aux wires along with the bumper lights. Again, a very OEM-looking install that was easy to do.

Install tip: get your lights in place and snug them up to where you can move them with your hand but that they won't move on their own. Once you aim them, pull the horse back in the garage, remove the three mounting screws, pull the whole mount down, then snug up each light while holding them in place. It's really fast and keeps the amount of knuckle-busting to a minimum.

Install note: the lights are not blocked by the bumper. The front-on shot looks like it, but that is not the case. All three lights are visible and project their full lumens. un-occluded.

Hope this helps someone.

Special Performance Parts light kit can be found [HERE]

Ford Bronco Baja Designs & SPV Triple Fog Light Kit (Modular Bumper) Install 68645544163__A2CD4A2F-ED30-4F92-92C1-C66096030D1B
Nice writeup!

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That price is great for the bumper lights compared to BD with the two smaller light set up.
Sponsored