Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We recently installed our first lighting upgrade in preparation for a few night trail* (not trial, fixed my stupid typo, thanks TXNavy) rides we have coming up.

These are from 4x4truckleds.com and installed on our Outerbanks without the Aux Upfitter Switches. (I regret not having Aux switches more often than not having upgraded gearing). If you are on the fence we highly recommend the upfitter switches as they are much cheaper as part of the initial build.

Overall the lights are amazing in both quality and function. The install on the Bronco is extremely simple, this was Krista's first install of something like this and she knocked it out in 30 minutes.

Takeaways:

-Do not look directly into the lights 🙂

-I need to clean our engine bay (however I know once I spend 4-5 hours cleaning it we will take it offroad and get it dirty again.)

Sponsored

Last edited:

TXNavy

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon XLT 1500 4x4, Jeep Liberty Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is everyone going on "trial" rides? I thought this was an off-roader to go on trails?

Sorry, PP5, just have seen a lot of posts recently with trial vs trail.

On topic: lights look good and video is well done.

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is everyone going on "trial" rides? I thought this was an off-roader to go on trails?

Sorry, PP5, just have seen a lot of posts recently with trial vs trail.

On topic: lights look good and video is well done.
Oops lol. I actually hate that sort of typo and you caught me doing it.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Glad you like the lights. Those Squadron Sport are no joke. For the price you pay you get a lot of light!

Sponsored

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Raptor, 1978 F100, 2016 Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Video didn't work for me, but did you go with Squadron pros or sports? Spot or Driving pattern? I've got 2 brand new squadron pro spots sitting on the shelf waiting for my broncos a-pillars to get here lol

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because I was wondering myself how the sports compare to the pros.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Squadron Pillar Lights installed 1635245133855

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Squadron Pillar Lights installed 1635245133855
Wow! The difference is huge!

We will definitely go Pro when we add bumper lights. When mounting to the pillar location the hood eats up a lot of the lighting.

Here is a look at only our Baja Designs lights on to show the lighting lost by the hood (still a drastic difference over the headlights):

Screenshot_20211026-075240.jpg

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When mounting to the pillar location the hood eats up a lot of the lighting.
I think that's why I'm gonna go with a spot beam. Figured that would have the least light getting eaten by the hood. I'll put driving and wide angle beams in the bumper

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoTPA

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that's why I'm gonna go with a spot beam. Figured that would have the least light getting eaten by the hood. I'll put driving and wide angle beams in the bumper
That makes sense. Now that you mention it, the spot lights probably do broadcast a more direct, not so spread pattern. I may need to rethink my layout once we order more lighting!

Thanks for the advice and information.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That makes sense. Now that you mention it, the spot lights probably do broadcast a more direct, not so spread pattern. I may need to rethink my layout once we order more lighting!

Thanks for the advice and information.
Good news is Baja Designs sell replacement lenses for like $15. So you can change the beam pattern to whatever you want. Or change from clear to amber. You guys picked a good light

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good news is Baja Designs sell replacement lenses for like $15. So you can change the beam pattern to whatever you want. Or change from clear to amber. You guys picked a good light
When you buy the Pillar Kit you actually get Spots, Wide Cornering and Driving/Combo in the box.

If you just buy the lights as a pair then you don't get the extra lenses (but you save some cash just buying the pods).

Video didn't work for me, but did you go with Squadron pros or sports? Spot or Driving pattern? I've got 2 brand new squadron pro spots sitting on the shelf waiting for my broncos a-pillars to get here lol
What do you mean, waiting on your a-pillars? As in your truck has no a-pillars? Or brackets, because Baja Designs doesn't sell/offer a-pillar brackets without lights. You actually do not need their off-set bracket to mount lights with. Their a-pillar bracket (I call it an off-set bracket) is honestly only needed it you run larger lights like the XL lights, so that if ott-sets them a bit to clear your antenna.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean, waiting on your a-pillars? As in your truck has no a-pillars? Or brackets, because Baja Designs doesn't sell/offer a-pillar brackets without lights. You actually do not need their off-set bracket to mount lights with. Their a-pillar bracket (I call it an off-set bracket) is honestly only needed it you run larger lights like the XL lights, so that if ott-sets them a bit to clear your antenna.
LOL
I'm waiting for my a-pillars too. Ford has most of us waiting for all the parts to be put together.

Its Brawnco

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When you buy the Pillar Kit you actually get Spots, Wide Cornering and Driving/Combo in the box.

If you just buy the lights as a pair then you don't get the extra lenses (but you save some cash just buying the pods).

Yup, no Bronco means no a-pillars hahaha. Good to know about the kit though, that's pretty handy of Baja Designs to throw in each of the beam patterns. I bought just the lights by themselves last black friday and bought an extra set of driving pattern lenses in case the spots aren't that useful
Sponsored