Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Isn't there a wiring bundle above the windshield for one of the Aux switch to use for this location instead of running it down the side of the windshield? Looks like you could possibly use the "D" harness
1633462206532.png

I still don’t fully understand this diagram, even after staring at it for a while. It makes it seem like only D E and C are usable?
Why 6 switches?

B1 and B2 kinda seem like they just allow for D and E to function?
Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I still don’t fully understand this diagram, even after staring at it for a while. It makes it seem like only D E and C are usable?
Why 6 switches?

B1 and B2 kinda seem like they just allow for D and E to function?
D C and E have no power. They are "pass through" wires. Just wires that go into the truck and can be used to save you time running your own wires.

-C is a wire that goes from the front of the bumper area to the wire bundle under your hood. It has no power, just a wire that is ran for you.
-D is a wire that goes between the top of the passenger side pillar area (it's on the inside of the truck) and the glove box. It has no power, just a wire already ran.
-E is a wire that goes between the rear and the glove box. It has no power, but it's a wire already ran.

WIth each of these, you need to apply power. Now if you wanted to power up a device in the rear of your truck where E goes, you'd basically attach your device to the end of E in the rear. Then splice E and B1 together in the glove box. Then under the hood you'd splice B1 and one of the 6 powered upfitter wires together, which would send power all the way through the circuit.

Same concept with D. you'd splice D with either B1 or B2 in the glovebox, and then under the hood.

Make sense? They tried to save you time running wires by throwing some wire pathways in there.

OP
OP
Middleton Motorsports

Middleton Motorsports

First Edition
First Name
MM Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shop.middletonmotorsports.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I like the astects on this design better than a light bar. Does it whistle dixie at speed? With all those nooks and crannys I could see it being loud. That would be my only reservation (that and the price tag, but I do like it).

There's no whistling, but there is some noise when you go over 60, but I am pretty sure its the same noise the bronco made before the lightbar.

Reactions: Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There's no whistling, but there is some noise when you go over 60, but I am pretty sure its the same noise the bronco made before the lightbar.
Thank you for the info. The other memebrs have a point, why would you not use the prewire for the install? To much amperage for the ford supplied wire? No easy grounding point?

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for the info. The other memebrs have a point, why would you not use the prewire for the install? To much amperage for the ford supplied wire? No easy grounding point?
2 reasons

1) You have to drill a hole, as the wire is on the inside. Because of the mounts, the wire would be a bit tricky to route with the mount in the way plus... you are drilling a hole

2) A lot of folks feel the gauge of the wire is not thick enough and I agree. I'd rather use a thicker gauge wire with the Baja Designs XL Linkable setup then what Ford provided

When we do this on our truck, we're just going to run the wire down the side and use a dab of silicon here/there to just hold a few places to the crack between the windshield and the a-pillar. This is the gold standard for running wires on a roof bar. So you won't be sticking out by doing so, it's how 99% of the bars are done.

You COULD run it under your soft top, if you have one, inside, but my fear is water getting in.

Reactions: Dom

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely on my wish list. I’m only a couple hours away from you guys here in Chicago.
Sponsored