Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I enjoy these mental exercises and discussions where we compare models, so here comes one more.

All of these are 2 door models, V-6 auto, roof rails, mid package, tow package. I’m calculating invoice pricing, Granger doc fee, delivery, -$2000 for the October deal.
#1- Big Bend, Squatch, aux switches, signature lights - $44,286
#2-Black Diamond Squatch. - $45,321
#3-Wildtrak - $46,473

As far as the bumpers go, I did not add them to 1 and 3 because if I’m going to up charge for bumpers, I would pursue them in the aftermarket. In the same respect to buying aux/fog lights aftermarket for the BD. Same for the rock sliders. With any of the three, I would go aftermarket, even #2.
Taking the above into consideration, it seems as if the major differences are seat material preference, and g.o.a.t. modes. Wildtrak is the only one with high level instrument panel. Am I missing anything?

Edit: I forgot, mid package.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
#2 unless you want the High or Lux package.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I enjoy these mental exercises and discussions where we compare models, so here comes one more.

All of these are 2 door models, V-6 auto, roof rails, tow package. I’m calculating invoice pricing, Granger doc fee, delivery, -$2000 for the October deal.
#1- Big Bend, Squatch, aux switches, signature lights - $44,286
#2-Black Diamond Squatch. - $45,321
#3-Wildtrak - $46,473

As far as the bumpers go, I did not add them to 1 and 3 because if I’m going to up charge for bumpers, I would pursue them in the aftermarket. In the same respect to buying aux/fog lights aftermarket for the BD. Same for the rock sliders. With any of the three, I would go aftermarket, even #2.
Taking the above into consideration, it seems as if the major differences are seat material preference, and g.o.a.t. modes. Wildtrak is the only one with high level instrument panel. Am I missing anything?
- Do you factor in the Mid package on 1 and 2 (3 has it standard)?
- High Level Instrument panel has still to be defined.
- GOAT modes are 6/7/7 - with each 7 being different

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

- Do you factor in the Mid package on 1 and 2 (3 has it standard)?
- High Level Instrument panel has still to be defined.
- GOAT modes are 6/7/7 - with each 7 being different
I forgot to mention mid package across the board. Already factored into prices.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I forgot to mention mid package across the board. Already factored into prices.
My thought, I'm in similar thoughts too, if you do not really consider the High package then WT is sort of out of the running because it is really just a gateway to High or Lux.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where's your Badlands build rank in this?
When I was doing my build outs, I had Squatched Black Diamonds being more expensive than my Badlands builds and felt like I was getting less "STUFF" with the Black Diamond. One of the few times you got more for less!

Plus manual MID availability, though I did entertain v6 numerous times.

I don't think I ever Squatched the Badlands , my opinion being it IS squatched already...just add 35's later and you're there. 35's were never my MUST have, at the time I was into the heavier driveline that Squatch/Badlands offers.

LOL, ended up just ordering Base.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well it depends on what kind of off roading you are doing with it. I've seen no evidence that the "high" IP actually equates to anything, or at least anything significant. A sas 2.7 BB is virtually the same as a mid wildtrack except for some cosmetic details, and the ability to get leather/high/lux. Your paying to play on that one, but if you have no interest in playing I think it's mostly a waste. So it comes down to 1 or 2, with the interior/sig. Lights being the biggest differences.

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BASESAMSQUANCH

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And here is a question regarding GOAT modes. If you run it in sport mode, but in auto 4x4, wouldn’t the auto kick in to almost simulate Baja mode?
If so, score a point for BD.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I sent the information to the person handling the list but our DOC fee is $180 and there are no weird charges added...

As for Bait N switch know us before judging us...;)

We are a moderate family owned business in Granger Iowa since 1917 we are the 7th dealer licensed in Iowa...

While I may come off a bit defensive...I have been in the business for over 30 years...started at another dealership (unnamed) that treated their employees like crap...came here to Granger 25 years ago and feel like part of the family as do our local customers..

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
((($180.00)))...Dealers wonder why people like me don't like dealing with them, that is nothing more than a phony charge they claim is justifiable.
Granger doesn’t have control over the doc fee.

Granger said:
The state of Iowa has a state regulated documentation fee of $180. We will not throw on mandatory add ons or fees for other items that you do not want or need.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where's your Badlands build rank in this?
When I was doing my build outs, I had Squatched Black Diamonds being more expensive than my Badlands builds and felt like I was getting less "STUFF" with the Black Diamond. One of the few times you got more for less!

Plus manual MID availability, though I did entertain v6 numerous times.

I don't think I ever Squatched the Badlands , my opinion being it IS squatched already...just add 35's later and you're there. 35's were never my MUST have, at the time I was into the heavier driveline that Squatch/Badlands offers.

LOL, ended up just ordering Base.
I've been all over the place with my builds and I found the same as you when building the Badlands. That darn KOH video showing the 12" screen and 360 camera got me thinking Badlands again. The 33's are perfect for me now and you can always add larger later on. I added the hard top sound deadening headliner, auto and high package and with my Granger Oct special it came out to $44,900.

Glad mines a '22 because I still have no idea which one I'm ordering yet. Base SAS or Badlands. 🙃
Sponsored