Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Granger doesn’t have control over the doc fee.
Yes, Granger has total control over the amount of the Fee.

Read the (KEY WORDS) "MAY" charge up to $180.00 not mandated.

Iowa Code 322.19A Documentary fee:

1. For purposes of this section, “documentary fee” means a fee that MAY be charged to a customer by a motor vehicle dealer for the preparation of documents related to an application for motor vehicle registration and an application for issuance of a certificate of title, and the performance of other related services for the customer. “Documentary fee” does not include any costs or fees charged to a motor vehicle dealer or a dealer’s customer by a third party. 2. A motor vehicle dealer may charge a documentary fee not to exceed one hundred eighty dollars for each motor vehicle sold in a transaction. 3. After the department has implemented a statewide program pursuant to section 321.20, subsection 2, the maximum documentary fee permitted by subsection 2 shall be reduced by twenty-five dollars. 4. A motor vehicle dealer who charges a documentary fee to a customer shall include the fee in the price of the motor vehicle. The dealer shall disclose the full amount of the fee in any price of a motor vehicle advertised by the dealer and when making or accepting an offer to sell a motor vehicle. The dealer shall provide the following notice to the customer, which notice shall be clearly and conspicuously disclosed in any motor vehicle purchase agreement with the customer:

DOCUMENTARY FEE. A DOCUMENTARY FEE IS NOT AN OFFICIAL FEE. A DOCUMENTARY FEE IS NOT REQUIRED BY LAW, BUT MAY BE CHARGED TO A BUYER FOR THE PREPARATION OF DOCUMENTS AND THE PERFORMANCE OF RELATED SERVICES. THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT THAT MAY BE CHARGED FOR A DOCUMENTARY FEE IS DETERMINED BY IOWA CODE SECTION 322.19A. THIS NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY LAW. 5. A violation of this section is an unlawful practice under section 714.16. 2016 Acts, ch 1083, §8
Sponsored

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where's your Badlands build rank in this?
When I was doing my build outs, I had Squatched Black Diamonds being more expensive than my Badlands builds and felt like I was getting less "STUFF" with the Black Diamond. One of the few times you got more for less!

Plus manual MID availability, though I did entertain v6 numerous times.

I don't think I ever Squatched the Badlands , my opinion being it IS squatched already...just add 35's later and you're there. 35's were never my MUST have, at the time I was into the heavier driveline that Squatch/Badlands offers.

LOL, ended up just ordering Base.
It is not Squatched unless you go with a manual to get the 4.7 gears.

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All things considered, I would be going with the Black Diamond. Like the idea of the MGV and Washout Floors.
If they let you Al La Carte options, I'd be in a BD myself.

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, Granger has total control over the amount of the Fee.

Read the (KEY WORDS) "MAY" charge up to $180.00 not mandated.

Iowa Code 322.19A Documentary fee:

1. For purposes of this section, “documentary fee” means a fee that MAY be charged to a customer by a motor vehicle dealer for the preparation of documents related to an application for motor vehicle registration and an application for issuance of a certificate of title, and the performance of other related services for the customer. “Documentary fee” does not include any costs or fees charged to a motor vehicle dealer or a dealer’s customer by a third party. 2. A motor vehicle dealer may charge a documentary fee not to exceed one hundred eighty dollars for each motor vehicle sold in a transaction. 3. After the department has implemented a statewide program pursuant to section 321.20, subsection 2, the maximum documentary fee permitted by subsection 2 shall be reduced by twenty-five dollars. 4. A motor vehicle dealer who charges a documentary fee to a customer shall include the fee in the price of the motor vehicle. The dealer shall disclose the full amount of the fee in any price of a motor vehicle advertised by the dealer and when making or accepting an offer to sell a motor vehicle. The dealer shall provide the following notice to the customer, which notice shall be clearly and conspicuously disclosed in any motor vehicle purchase agreement with the customer:

DOCUMENTARY FEE. A DOCUMENTARY FEE IS NOT AN OFFICIAL FEE. A DOCUMENTARY FEE IS NOT REQUIRED BY LAW, BUT MAY BE CHARGED TO A BUYER FOR THE PREPARATION OF DOCUMENTS AND THE PERFORMANCE OF RELATED SERVICES. THE MAXIMUM AMOUNT THAT MAY BE CHARGED FOR A DOCUMENTARY FEE IS DETERMINED BY IOWA CODE SECTION 322.19A. THIS NOTICE IS REQUIRED BY LAW. 5. A violation of this section is an unlawful practice under section 714.16. 2016 Acts, ch 1083, §8
Doc fee is 799 here in Virginia and I think 499 in MD where I’m getting mine, I’d kill for 180.

As for OPs question, I think I’d go with Wildtrak unless you want the MGV, for me, Wildtrak is EXACTLY what I want style wise and for what I’ll be using it for, unfortunately I want the MGV and high package so I’m going with Badlands and the 2.3 instead of the 2.7. I originally was getting a Black Diamond before the KOH videos so can’t go wrong there either.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

((($180.00)))...Dealers wonder why people like me don't like dealing with them, that is nothing more than a phony charge they claim is justifiable.
Why so much hatred?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why so much Doc Fee?
The employees who spend time preparing the paperwork? They don’t work for free. Besides, $180 seems cheaper than most dealerships. Why don’t you take your angst someplace else.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The employees who spend time preparing the paperwork? They don’t work for free. Besides, $180 seems cheaper than most dealerships. Why don’t you take your angst someplace else.
Doc Fees usually are sprung upon buyers after the deal has been negotiated. It's a tactic that is, IMO, dishonorable. To charge extra for doing the paperwork is BS, Dealerships already make more than enough on the sale but they bend over the customer with this last-minute sucker-punch before handing over the Keys.

Your right $180 SEEMS CHEAPER when compared to other crooked dealers. I'll take my angst + my cash someplace else as I always do, at least 1-2 times a year for our family.

Last edited:

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Doc Fees usually are sprung upon buyers after the deal has been negotiated. It's a tactic that is, IMO, dishonorable. To charge extra for doing your paperwork is BS, you (Dealerships) already make more than enough on the sale but you bend over the customer with this last-minute sucker-punch before handing over the Keys.

Your right $180 SEEMS CHEAPER when compared to other crooked dealers. I'll take my angst + my cash someplace else as I always do, at least 1-2 times a year for our family.
You are going to pay the fee, whether it be implicitly (bundled in the price of the car) or explicitly charged (itemized seperatly). It seems better than the fee is explicitly noted so there is more transparency in cost. Now, should documentation on a vehicle cost more than documentation on a house...no, but there is a cost associated with it.

At the end of the day, you are going to pay the man.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You are going to pay the fee, whether it be implicitly (bundled in the price of the car) or explicitly charged (itemized seperatly). It seems better than the fee is explicitly noted so there is more transparency in cost. Now, should documentation on a vehicle cost more than documentation on a house...no, but there is a cost associated with it.

At the end of the day, you are going to pay the man.
Yep, I'm willing to pay if they play fair.

I'm aware the dealer is going to pass on everything they can to the customer. It shouldn't be sprung on the customer after negotiating. This is a normal practice for dealers, I know, I've purchased many vehicles over the years.

One thing I always let them know is, I want the final # for my deal now for when I return to P/U the vehicle. I've had dealers try and add on the Doc fee at signing, I tell them I'm walking because the deal had already been negotiated and agreed upon previously.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep, I'm willing to pay if they play fair.

I'm aware the dealer is going to pass on everything they can to the customer. It shouldn't be sprung on the customer after negotiating. This is a normal practice for dealers, I know, I've purchased many vehicles over the years.

One thing I always let them know is, I want the final # for my deal now for when I return to P/U the vehicle. I've had dealers try and add on the Doc fee at signing, I tell them I'm walking because the deal had already been negotiated and agreed upon previously.
Granger has made their pricing and doc fee known since at least September. That is four months ahead of order placement and who knows how long before their first delivery. I wouldn’t count that as last minute...

Allfun

Big Bend
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 STX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I took the tour at the F-150 plant about 10 years ago I came to the realization that the $30K XL truck was the exact same truck as the $65k platinum minus some extra touches, but the body, frame, powertrain are all identical. Since then I have only been buying XL/STX F-150’s and the same logic convinced me to go BB W/ SAS and 2.7

Last edited:

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Somebody needs to go back to sleep and try waking up on the right side of the bed....Sheesh
Sponsored