Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Then why are you poking at us?

If you do not like us (that is alright BTW) then you may just want to move on to greener pastures...
I wasn't Poking Granger. I started out by voicing my displeasure with Dealers in general. In another post, someone said Granger doesn't control how much they charge. I showed that statement to be in error.

I understand the "GAME" I just don't like the practice of springing the charge after a deal has been made and divulged during closing.

I applaud Granger for disclosing upfront the Doc Fee amount instead of the way some unscrupulous dealers do it.

I'll look for that Green Pasture soon as the snow melts!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ANYWAYS...

When I think about the three trims, I lean towards the Black Diamond. I prefer the grill and MGV over the WT, although I do think the camo is cool. Mid package is as high as I want to go, so the up charge built in to the WT is a non starter for me.
And since this is my thread, let me take the opportunity to say that if Ford allowed mid package + manual transmission, it might alleviate commodity restraints.

brunjc2

Base
First Name
Jud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

ANYWAYS...

When I think about the three trims, I lean towards the Black Diamond. I prefer the grill and MGV over the WT, although I do think the camo is cool. Mid package is as high as I want to go, so the up charge built in to the WT is a non starter for me.
And since this is my thread, let me take the opportunity to say that if Ford allowed mid package + manual transmission, it might alleviate commodity restraints.
I’ve gone back and forth on options too. Ended up ordering a Base 4 door Sasquatch, with 2.3L. I’m still building other variants, but they lack some of my main objectives with this vehicle—simple, capable, affordable.

Way I see it, if you can get the model that has all of the “core” features you want (for me it was the M210 front diff), you can replace the smaller things like grilles etc afterward.

I don’t think you can go wrong with either build you posted though FWIW.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wasn't Poking Granger. I started out by voicing my displeasure with Dealers in general. In another post, someone said Granger doesn't control how much they charge. I showed that statement to be in error.

I understand the "GAME" I just don't like the practice of springing the charge after a deal has been made and divulged during closing.

I applaud Granger for disclosing upfront the Doc Fee amount instead of the way some unscrupulous dealers do it.

I'll look for that Green Pasture soon as the snow melts!

Indeed with the snow melt

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

xplan cap, its like a weekend in the bar drinking

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would Mid+manual alleviate a commodity constraint? Mid is one of them.

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is the 2.7L v6. I imagine there are some who decided that if they are forced to order an automatic, they may as well get the larger one.

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're trying to get people to order the Big Bend. If they allowed the mid package with manual on the Big Bend and Black Diamond people might drop down from the Badlands. That would alleviate the demand for the front locker/m210 axles and possibly the advanced 4x4. It might spread out the commodity restraints more. There's not much of an incentive for manual buyers to consider a Big Bend because they can't get the mid package.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They're trying to get people to order the Big Bend. If they allowed the mid package with manual on the Big Bend and Black Diamond people might drop down from the Badlands. That would alleviate the demand for the front locker/m210 axles and possibly the advanced 4x4. It might spread out the commodity restraints more. There's not much of an incentive for manual buyers to consider a Big Bend because they can't get the mid package.
True it could reduce the front locker demand but BD would keep the Mod Bumper constraint. The BB could lessen the Mod Bumper constraint but the Mid constraint could still hold.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

IMO constraints are a moving target and what they are will most definitely change.

Sponsored

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

True it could reduce the front locker demand but BD would keep the Mod Bumper constraint. The BB could lessen the Mod Bumper constraint but the Mid constraint could still hold.
Looking at the converted reservations on this site 60% (BD/BL/FE) come with the modular bumper standard. They'll just have to make more of those I guess. I don't know why the mid package would be a constraint. Ford should have most of those parts already.

OP
OP
Rebel Bronc

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I knew for certain about the heated sandstone seats (?) in the BB, I could totally be fine with a 2 door Big Bend, manual transmission. I'd save thousands.

EDIT: You know, if it meant mine would be available sooner.

Last edited:

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I am making a new vehicle purchase, I ask the salesperson to give me an "out the door" price" which usually they can with the exception of taxes & tags, that I'm ok with. Anything they "forgot" after the deal is done is on them.
Sponsored