Sponsored

Ballpark cost to engine swap to 3.0/3.5 EB TT?

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you go through Hennessey make sure you have a good fire extinguisher and insurance. That is assuming you every get your Bronco back from them. I wouldn't let them tune a skateboard.
Sponsored

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The main thing to also consider is it's not simple in the slightest. between finessing the swapped engine into the bay, to the tuning and making sure everything not only talks to each other, but operates smoothly like an oem install. You'll probably lose the drive modes as well and who knows how the 4x4 switching will work out with a swap.
As others have mentioned, the easier, more reliable option would be to upgrade the 2.7, maybe even get it built as in the block, pistons, etc to go with larger turbos, intercooler, etc.
Sidenote, someone has made the ULTIMATE warthog already, so theres that...
1000hp real warthog

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The main thing to also consider is it's not simple in the slightest. between finessing the swapped engine into the bay, to the tuning and making sure everything not only talks to each other, but operates smoothly like an oem install. You'll probably lose the drive modes as well and who knows how the 4x4 switching will work out with a swap.
As others have mentioned, the easier, more reliable option would be to upgrade the 2.7, maybe even get it built as in the block, pistons, etc to go with larger turbos, intercooler, etc.
Sidenote, someone has made the ULTIMATE warthog already, so theres that...
1000hp real warthog
This is exaggerated hogwash! IVE DONE MANY MANY ENGINE SWAPS AND IT AINT THAT HARD.

I'm convinced the braptor 3.0 418hp engine will drop right in place of the 2.7.

99% of the electronic wizardry will plug right in and bolt right up, not losing anything....unplug the other modules while running a PMI on the ECU/PCM and your all set! Fairly simple swap!
3.0 ecoboost long block was around 5k last time I checked.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would start with the transmission swap and work the bugs out. Then pay someone to build you a custom turbo setup. By the time you sort this out custom tuning will be available.

I would keep the 2.7 for the graphite iron block. I think the potential will be higher with the iron block and more boost.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not stuff a 5.0 instead? It’s a more popular swap so there is more knowledge and components available
Sponsored