Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Howdy folks, curious to see if anyone got and installed the bamf hitch.

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-FORD-Bronco-Full-size-2-Receiver-Hitch-_p_168.html

It's a great hitch heavy as crap. BUT! The bolts are too big as well as the nut. so it appears I need to remove the entire bumper. And the bolts go in from the back which I have to push my exhaust in just to get one seated. I'm pretty smart mechanically but this one has me stumped. I'll remove the bumper but I feel that's excessive for a simple hitch. Tia
Sponsored

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

https://www.bayareametalfab.com/2021-FORD-Bronco-Full-size-2-Receiver-Hitch-_p_168.html

It's a great hitch heavy as crap. BUT! The bolts are too big as well as the nut. so it appears I need to remove the entire bumper. And the bolts go in from the back which I have to push my exhaust in just to get one seated. I'm pretty smart mechanically but this one has me stumped. I'll remove the bumper but I feel that's excessive for a simple hitch. Tia
I installed a different Curt hitch, but would imagine the bolt lengths are about the same…trying angling the bolt head to the side, horizontally, right up against the muffler, and then allow the threaded portion to slide into the hole.
It seemed non intuitive that it would fit better this way, but it worked for me and I didn’t take the bumper off!

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I can't even get my BAMF hitch to clear my plastic bumper facia.
The only way I can figure out how to make it work is remove plastic, trim to fit, install hitch, reinstall facia.
So I'm probably going to wait till I figure out what rear bumper I want and see if hitch will work or just sell the hitch.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Nice looking hitch, except it is recesswd soooo far under the bumper even bike people (as opposed to tow people) are going to need an extension to clear the spare tire. I would also ask bike people to have some sympathy and buy an aftermarket hitch for your racks freeing the wiring for tow people. Don't come at me if you do both. If you want / need trailer wiring, I'm on your side.

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I installed a different Curt hitch, but would imagine the bolt lengths are about the same…trying angling the bolt head to the side, horizontally, right up against the muffler, and then allow the threaded portion to slide into the hole.
It seemed non intuitive that it would fit better this way, but it worked for me and I didn’t take the bumper off!
Fu shoresy 😂😂😂 (jk I love that show)

I should clarify I did all of the above in addition to pushing the exhaust. I am able to get one bolt in then push in far enough to get the nut in to maybe grab a tread and pull the bolt all the way in. But there is a small clip behind it that makes a tight fit also.If that makes sense? There was a member who got the same hitch and said it was great.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice looking hitch, except it is recesswd soooo far under the bumper even bike people (as opposed to tow people) are going to need an extension to clear the spare tire. I would also ask bike people to have some sympathy and buy an aftermarket hitch for your racks freeing the wiring for tow people. Don't come at me if you do both. If you want / need trailer wiring, I'm on your side.
Lol, I got it for bikes. I already have a Allen sports 4 set. Designed for jeeps

OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Alas after a good stare thinking wtf... I got it. Those we want this hitch word of caution the hardware will work 100% with aftermarket exhaust. Stock you can two bolt it (minus one washer) and it will work. Or rip the entire bumper off and throw in the other two bolts. It's a tight fit. You feed bolts through just one or two threads exposed for the 19mm nut to catch then tighten.
Ford Bronco Bamf hitch install issues? image

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alas after a good stare thinking wtf... I got it. Those we want this hitch word of caution the hardware will work 100% with aftermarket exhaust. Stock you can two bolt it (minus one washer) and it will work. Or rip the entire bumper off and throw in the other two bolts. It's a tight fit. You feed bolts through just one or two threads exposed for the 19mm nut to catch then tighten.
Ford Bronco Bamf hitch install issues? image
I think I understand, yes there is a piece of metal that interferes a bit. Gotta pull the bolt back and just get the nut to snag a couple threads and then keep working at it gradually.
I actually had more problems laying on the ground and torquing to 110ftlb!

now, go have a Puppers!

MyBHinds

First Edition
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

I purchased last year and had a similar issue. Went to Home Depot and bought 1/4 inch shorter grade 5 bolts and was able to make it work. Was able to get the outside books that came with it to work and used the two shorter books on the inside.

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is no easy way to get those bolts inplace without moving the muffler out the way. to install it loosen the band clamp on the exhaust and moving it forward some giving you room to install the bolt. The two inner bolts are very tight but we didn't want a welded nut in there that could fail over time. If you place the two outside bolts In loosely then the two inner bolts
Holding the nut and washer inplace as you install those bolts starting them is much easier. It should be about a 10min install with moving a exhaust out of the way.

Ford Bronco Bamf hitch install issues? 20220117_091138

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ig_bronco

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no easy way to get those bolts inplace without moving the muffler out the way. to install it loosen the band clamp on the exhaust and moving it forward some giving you room to install the bolt. The two inner bolts are very tight but we didn't want a welded nut in there that could fail over time. If you place the two outside bolts In loosely then the two inner bolts
Holding the nut and washer inplace as you install those bolts starting them is much easier. It should be about a 10min install with moving a exhaust out of the way.

Ford Bronco Bamf hitch install issues? 20220117_091138

The plastic bumpers might need trimming slightly.
I was gonna tell the public you reached out after my email but you beat me to the punch. Thanks again for following up.

Dirtyjed

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Dmax, 86 FunRunnah, Tiyoda truggy, Honda shi
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone tried to put a regular trailer hitch or recovery shackle point in this receiver?
None of the 3 I have will line up if installed in the correct orientation.
20220122_202451.jpg

20220122_202632.jpg

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bamf hitch install issues? 20220122_202632
Would cutting that bolt off some make it easier? You only need one thread showing past the end of the nut.

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Instead of cutting the bolts, I went to Tractor Supply and spent $1.94 on 1/8" thick grade 8 washers to create a little space. Worked just fine.
Sponsored