Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was mounting the winch on my bumper while waiting for my Bronco to arrive, and noticed the little "grills" were black coated. But all the pictures I see show them as silverish color... I was actually hoping to have that (since my Bronco is silver)

Was this some option that I missed? At this point I'll probably just going to get some silver can paint but figured I'd ask.

armandom

Badlands
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 King Ranch / 2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fellow BAMF owners. Here are a few more updates I’ve done to the 2022 Badlands SAS in the last 2 weeks. 2 1/4” perch collar lift. I bought it from Wild horses but it’s made by Broncbuster. Also new Method wheels +0 offset. Even though it might look like too much I would like to paint the screen in the bumper the color of the Bronco.

6A817822-7284-4F5D-AF93-6FAC143C15D2.jpeg

EEEDE08E-34F7-446B-A860-AD84A0E9D28E.jpeg

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I was mounting the winch on my bumper while waiting for my Bronco to arrive, and noticed the little "grills" were black coated. But all the pictures I see show them as silverish color... I was actually hoping to have that (since my Bronco is silver)

Was this some option that I missed? At this point I'll probably just going to get some silver can paint but figured I'd ask.
Only the non parking sensor mesh is raw stainless. If you have sensors they are black.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone get their Round Factory Fog lights installed in the square Overlander holes? I'm hoping not to have to re-buy new fog lights.

Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are currently running the badlands skids on ours. We should have our own skids and a rear bumper to order around the new year
Thank you for the update. I am excited to see the rear design. Do you have any teasers or renderings you can share of the rear bumper?

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have full installed pics later this week with the parking sensors. two of them are located in the mesh in the center and the outside sensors are just out side of the fog light pocket.
Did you ever complete these instructions? Mostly interested in the routing of the wiring harness and whether we have to cut it and lengthen it to make it work. We don't seem to have enough wire for either outside parking sensor. Seems like the harness just ran along the original bumper in a straight line but with your bumper we have to run back out the back since there is no routing hole from the main part of the bumper to the tube section.

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever complete these instructions? Mostly interested in the routing of the wiring harness and whether we have to cut it and lengthen it to make it work. We don't seem to have enough wire for either outside parking sensor. Seems like the harness just ran along the original bumper in a straight line but with your bumper we have to run back out the back since there is no routing hole from the main part of the bumper to the tube section.

I'm In the long process of updating our instructions in new software.
The parking sensors need to be re-loomed. Take all the tape off the wire loom run your wires around the back of the bumper and re-loom the wires once you have the new routing. There is just enough wire to run out the back of the bumper to the outside sensors.

dmmjr_gas

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser - Magma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed. I “Re-loomed” the wite and it stretched perfectly to all four sensors.
The parking sensors need to be re-loomed. Take all the tape off the wire loom run your wires around the back of the bumper and re-loom the wires once you have the new routing. There is just enough wire to run out the back of the bumper to the outside sensors.

JB1901

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. I “Re-loomed” the wite and it stretched perfectly to all four sensors.
Same. We didn't need to rewire or extend any wires.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Good to know... I remember this in a week or two when I'm putting on my bumper!

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got it installed with a Warn Evo12K. We found that it was easier to mount with the winch not bolted down while you secure all the main bolts. You wouldn't be able to get it in after getting the bolts started but you can definitely use the space you get by shifting it around while it's sitting in the bumper.

All the sensors work including the ACC.

My outside parking sensors are mounted on the light rails so closer to center than they should be. I plan to fix this in the future when I have time to remove the harness and deloom it for that extra length you mention is in it. Then I can easily move the outside sensors to their mounting point.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe this has been discussed but is there a license plate solution? I live in one of those states. I’m ok just zip tying it on for inspection time but figured I’d ask.
I stumbled upon this option from Fishbone Offroad today that seems interesting:
https://www.fishboneoffroad.com/collections/day-2/products/shackle-mounted-license-plate-bracket

Definitely different from the many hinge-over-the-winch options out there:
https://www.cascadia4x4.com/collect...ch-license-plate-mounting-system-hawse-roller
https://www.fishboneoffroad.com/pro...cense-plate-mount?_pos=1&_sid=cc6ca761e&_ss=r
https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/UNI-FPF-PC.html
https://lodoffroad.com/products/universal-front-bumper-fairlead-license-plate-flip-up-mount-2

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was able to install my BAMF overland bumper on my 2022 wildtrak (high package).

Installing the actual bumper wasn't to bad. I used ratchet straps to tie it to my floor jack, slowly lifted it to the right height to align the 3 holes and installed the 6 bolts.

I left my grill shutters (because unplugging them can cause CELs), however I had to remove the cover for the ACC for winch clearance along with the rectangle rubber seal frame. (I don't have ACC so the cover was empty)

Where the real grief came into play was transferring over the 4 Forward sensors. Something was definitely wrong... Don't know if Ford change the design on BAMF or not but I basically had to sand down most "fins" on each and every sensor grommet for to fit inside the bumper holes. Each hole the bumper has contains three little cutouts that I suspect were supposed to be for alignment. However they did not come even close to what the sensor grommets needed. If you compare the hole patterns in the original bumper (And each one is actually different) to those in the BAMF, not the same.

In addition, I marked every single grommet and sensor at the top before taking it out of my original bumper so I knew The orientation and the order of each. In doing so, the two inner sensors (The ones that go into the grill inserts) had to be reversed. If you install them in the same orientation in the same position as the factory bumper, due to the angle of the grill insert, you would not be able to plug in the electrical connector.

Had it not been on a Sunday, I would have called BAMF (maybe even drove down there) to show them.

Honestly I was a bit pissed, and partially expecting the Bronco to complain the sensors were all out of whack, But I took it for a test drive and they still seem to be working and nothing complained.

Oh..and I have a new front skid plate to install later, so for the time being I decided just to shove the original plastic one back in place.. and actually fit! The two bolt holes at the bumper will not line up because you can't slide the skid plate fully forward due to it hitting the BAMF bumper, however the two back bolts, and the two middle bolts with a little prying, will align. It's under such pressure that it's not going anywhere missing those two front bolts.

Oh one more thing... The thing that makes this bumper all worth it...it barely affects the front camera. I can barely see the winch, and my 360 view still works almost identically.

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20221219_054902
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20221219_054927
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20221219_054822

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice write up!

I left my grill shutters (because unplugging them can cause CELs), however I had to remove the cover for the ACC for winch clearance along with the rectangle rubber seal frame.
I am curious whether this is unique to your winch, or whether @BAMF noticed the same and just needs to update the installation instructions.

Where the real grief came into play was transferring over the 4 Forward sensors.
I'm a little worried about this, as no one else on this thread mentioned any of these specific issues, unless they just brute forced the installation.

Oh..and I have a new front skid plate to install later
Say more...did you find a skid plate that matches up well with the BAMF bumper? Share a link please!
Sponsored