Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am curious whether this is unique to your winch.....
I suppose it's possible, but basically the plastic cover was right up against my rope. So I guess it could depend on how much line you have wrapped around your winch. I didn't really give it much thought since the cover is easily popped off and the extra room was nice (not to mention you can't even see it with the winch in front)

I'm a little worried about this, as no one else on this thread mentioned any of these specific issues, unless they just brute forced the installation.
Yeah there's no way of brute force it. The last censor grommet I did (far passenger side) I hadn't ground off enough of the ridges and as I was "influencing" the fitting, It actually started to disform the grommet and turn the plastic white (You know like plastic gets when it's about to break).

The one thing I noticed as well, is people have commented about having to unwrap some of the wires for them to stretch... I had no such issues. Again I don't have the ACC so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Say more...did you find a skid plate that matches up well with the BAMF bumper? Share a link please!
I guess I won't know for sure until I install the skid, But based on the installation videos I watched before purchasing, it seems like the JCR skid has no effect on the bumper. I'm putting some mileage on it and checking for leaks before I cover up all the undercarriage with their skid system. So no definitive answer for now.

https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SD-GN.html
Sponsored

OP
OP
BAMF

BAMF

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bayareametalfab.com
Vehicle(s)
Two 2021 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was able to install my BAMF overland bumper on my 2022 wildtrak (high package).

Installing the actual bumper wasn't to bad. I used ratchet straps to tie it to my floor jack, slowly lifted it to the right height to align the 3 holes and installed the 6 bolts.

I left my grill shutters (because unplugging them can cause CELs), however I had to remove the cover for the ACC for winch clearance along with the rectangle rubber seal frame. (I don't have ACC so the cover was empty)

Where the real grief came into play was transferring over the 4 Forward sensors. Something was definitely wrong... Don't know if Ford change the design on BAMF or not but I basically had to sand down most "fins" on each and every sensor grommet for to fit inside the bumper holes. Each hole the bumper has contains three little cutouts that I suspect were supposed to be for alignment. However they did not come even close to what the sensor grommets needed. If you compare the hole patterns in the original bumper (And each one is actually different) to those in the BAMF, not the same.

In addition, I marked every single grommet and sensor at the top before taking it out of my original bumper so I knew The orientation and the order of each. In doing so, the two inner sensors (The ones that go into the grill inserts) had to be reversed. If you install them in the same orientation in the same position as the factory bumper, due to the angle of the grill insert, you would not be able to plug in the electrical connector.

Had it not been on a Sunday, I would have called BAMF (maybe even drove down there) to show them.

Honestly I was a bit pissed, and partially expecting the Bronco to complain the sensors were all out of whack, But I took it for a test drive and they still seem to be working and nothing complained.

Oh..and I have a new front skid plate to install later, so for the time being I decided just to shove the original plastic one back in place.. and actually fit! The two bolt holes at the bumper will not line up because you can't slide the skid plate fully forward due to it hitting the BAMF bumper, however the two back bolts, and the two middle bolts with a little prying, will align. It's under such pressure that it's not going anywhere missing those two front bolts.

Oh one more thing... The thing that makes this bumper all worth it...it barely affects the front camera. I can barely see the winch, and my 360 view still works almost identically.

20221219_054902.jpg
20221219_054927.jpg
20221219_054822.jpg

The parking sensor holes are cut for these grommets.
the grommets with the large indexing tabs would need to be shaved they still clip in place and hold better than rubber grommets . Or these could be ordered from FORD and the factory grommets can be left in the factory bumper.
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20220208_100848

A lot of bumpers on the market just have you use rubber like this that doesn't really hold well

We opted for making the cut outs a prefect fit for the
multi slot grommets found in all but the base bumper. You are the second person that has had these other grommets that we know of.

For the grille shutters they get reinstalled after the ACC is relocated they are not left off. Only the Intercooler shutters need to be removed to clear a winch.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The parking sensor holes are cut for these grommets.
the grommets with the large indexing tabs would need to be shaved they still clip in place and hold better than rubber grommets . Or these could be ordered from FORD and the factory grommets can be left in the factory bumper.
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20220208_100848

A lot of bumpers on the market just have you use rubber like this that doesn't really hold well

We opted for making the cut outs a prefect fit for the
multi slot grommets found in all but the base bumper. You are the second person that has had these other grommets that we know of.

For the grille shutters they get reinstalled after the ACC is relocated they are not left off. Only the Intercooler shutters need to be removed to clear a winch.
Don't get me wrong... I love the bumper, extremely happy that it doesn't really mess with the camera.

I have the hard plastic grommets and You are correct.. once you shave off all the little ribs, only leaving the actual snap-on clip catches, they snap in (with a little influence) and they hold... I guess my problem was since there are no installation instructions, I wasn't aware that these needed to be shaved down or how they were supposed to fit. The little notches that were in the bumper really threw me off because it looks like they are supposed to line up with the ridges but they don't. I probably wasted a good 30 to 40 minutes trying to match up puzzle pieces. Had I known I was supposed to shave off those ridges, it would have taken a lot of frustration out of the assembly.

Also, I don't know if something is different with mine, but I left all shutters in place. None of that had to be removed.

I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but with ONLY the little plastic ACC cover removed.... There's plenty of clearance and you can see the shutters behind it. I really didn't even have to remove the rubberized weatherstripping frame... Just did it cuz it would have looked stupid :)

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20221221_055945
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20221221_055957

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Picked up my bumper at @BAMF today, and Jerry was kind enough to show me and a friend around the shop. Great experience, and I can't wait to get new bumper installed next week!
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper PXL_20221223_183407522

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are currently running the badlands skids on ours. We should have our own skids and a rear bumper to order around the new year
Any updates on the skid and rear bumper?

Sponsored

Elevator Man

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mercedes GLE, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys have to mount the winch before installing the bumper, or can it be installed after?
You can install the winch after the bumper is installed. All you have to do is remove the Bronco front grill and shutters to have enough room to slide it between the bull bar and radiator. I had to do this when I snapped a winch mounting bolt because I'm a moron and torqued it down more than the 35 ft-lbs Warn called out, thinking I know better than the guys who build 100 winches a day.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the new bumper installed, and I am very happy with the results!
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper PXL_20230101_223135351

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper PXL_20230101_210534282

The only trouble we had was tight spacing with one of the inner parking sensors, which was resolved by removing the rubber air diverter that everyone here says you should do anyway!

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper PXL_20230107_220907648

Thanks, @BAMF for the great support, and looking forward to seeing some rear bumper options in 2023!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm surprised you moved your solenoid. With the bull bar, it seems like that would be in the way that camera and the solenoid would have no effect.

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only trouble we had was tight spacing with one of the inner parking sensors, which was resolved by removing the rubber air diverter that everyone here says you should do anyway!

Thanks, @BAMF for the great support, and looking forward to seeing some rear bumper options in 2023!
Looks clean. Good work.

menikmati

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm surprised you moved your solenoid. With the bull bar, it seems like that would be in the way that camera and the solenoid would have no effect.
True, but I like the cleaner look without it, there is still a sliver of camera view between the winch and bull bar, and I didn't want to deal with a tight fit for the winch controller wiring between the solenoid and the grill trim piece.

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper PXL_20230107_012037541

Sponsored

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you please grab some images from lower angles for all sides?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I was cleaning up some parts in my garage over the weekend, and came across the factory front license plate mount bracket that was included with my Bronco (but not installed).

I noticed that if I flipped it upside down, it practically matches exactly the profile of the overland bumper! Had to drill a couple holes, but it fits great, was free, and although does increase the distance a bit for the front camera clearance, it's not much more... But the biggest benefit (at least for me) was it add some additional protection for the winch.

So some pics....

(Oh, and it will actually fit off to the side and still be above the sensors if you'd rather have your plate add an angle and not in front of the camera)

Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20230206_101911
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20230206_101858
Ford Bronco BAMF Overland front winch bumper 20230206_101737