Sponsored

Base 16X7 steel wheels, what tires are you mounting on them?

lindertw

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thinking about using plasti dip or regular black wheel paint? What do you think will look the best/last the longest
tractor supply brand paint is excellent, I'll likely try that to begin with
Ford Bronco Base 16X7 steel wheels, what tires are you mounting on them? tractor_supply_paint
Sponsored

StuRox

Base
First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
I plan to go with 265/75-16 KO2.
Hi - I wanted to mount same tires, however, is there any concern with the weight of the bigger tire on the rim (75 lbs.) total? The Black Diamond 32" stock wheel/tire combo is only 63 lbs. Is this a concern? I heard this may affect the ride. Thoughts?

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that Ford has pushed everything back and I am forced to reorder, I am thinking base 2.3 Manual it will be if I actually place another order. I was so on the fence with this when I ordered my BB, but creature comforts of the mid package and trail turn assist and rear locker won out. My reality is, I am not 100% sure I'll love the Bronco long term and I want the easiest out/value and I think in 2 or 3 years the base is easily holding the most resale % based off new MSRP. I think the 285/75-16 looks great. Personally I would not put an "E" load on something this light. So hoping some more SL or "C" load range become available soon.

StuRox

Base
First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that Ford has pushed everything back and I am forced to reorder, I am thinking base 2.3 Manual it will be if I actually place another order. I was so on the fence with this when I ordered my BB, but creature comforts of the mid package and trail turn assist and rear locker won out. My reality is, I am not 100% sure I'll love the Bronco long term and I want the easiest out/value and I think in 2 or 3 years the base is easily holding the most resale % based off new MSRP. I think the 285/75-16 looks great. Personally I would not put an "E" load on something this light. So hoping some more SL or "C" load range become available soon.
"Personally I would not put an "E" load on something this light. So hoping some more SL or "C" load range become available soon."

Great idea! What consequences could occur from a heavy tire?

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I plan to go with 265/75-16 KO2.
Yep, this will give you a 32ish inch tire. My choice was Fallen Wildpeak atw3's. Lighter, cheaper and superior winter, wet with Snowflake cert.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Personally I would not put an "E" load on something this light. So hoping some more SL or "C" load range become available soon."

Great idea! What consequences could occur from a heavy tire?
Harsh ride, worse MPG/less power. A dedicated off roader will probably benefit from E rated as they're generally more puncture resistant. C is kind of the middle ground compromise. I put E on an F-150 years ago that came with C. I could tell the difference in unloaded ride. The brand/design of the tire can contribute as well. I would just say do a lot of research and take everything with a grain of salt. A reviewer who goes wheeling every weekend will probably see no issues with E because they are getting the off road benefit they are looking for. A daily driver mainly on road user will probably complain. It's all in the trade off you are looking for.

Last edited:

StuRox

Base
First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Harsh ride, worse MPG/less power. A dedicated off roader will probably benefit from E rated as they're generally more puncture resistant. C is kind of the middle ground compromise. I put E on an F-150 years ago that came with C. I could tell the difference in unloaded ride. The brand/design of the tire can contribute as well. I would just say do a lot of research and take everything with a grain of salt. A reviewer who goes wheeling every weekend will probably see no issues with E because they are getting the off road benefit they are looking for. A daily driver mainly on road user will probably complain. It's all in the trade off you are looking for.
Thanks! 90% on pavement so will probably keep looking for a C or SL. Thanks!

GPPBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Transit Connect; 1997 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs