First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume that Bronco will come with quite a few things in the base model, based on other Ford models. Such as:

-8” Sync 4 standard
-Proximity entry standard
-Auto trans standard
-Ford Co-pilot 360(Lane keep assist, emergency braking, blind spot monitor) standard
-Whatever fancy stuff they have cooked up for the doors and roof

Optioning up a Sport S wrangler with similar things is going to be $$$$
Just out of curiosity I optioned a Sport S 2-door to these specs and got this. Did not include proximity key however thats only for upper trims.

E8C86868-5A73-4FCA-9D6B-97E50EFA902C.jpeg
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just out of curiosity I optioned a Sport S 2-door to these specs and got this. Did not include proximity key however thats only for upper trims.

Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price E8C86868-5A73-4FCA-9D6B-97E50EFA902C
Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price 1591994331435

hopefully they'll have to remove that soon.....

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering myself here.. but what do we all think if the Bronco does start at $37,000?

At first glance that seems pretty high since the base Jeep Wrangler Sport starts at $28k, but it's impossible to compare apple to apples right now since we don't know what the base Bronco will come equipped and packaged with.
Is the 28k Jeep a real thing or is it just what gets people in the door? I mean the 2020 Defender starts at $49,900 and I doubt you can find one at that price.

Ford definitely doesn't want to make the Jeep feel affordable. And I think it is a fools errand to go after the Land Rover crowd by being the cheaper alternative.

Price will be a factor. I know what I want and I know what I can afford. I could get a Wrangler this year. Quick pricing, I'm looking at starting price at 37k for a JL Sport. If the equal starting is 47k for the Bronco, I'm not sure I'll be able to get the style I am really after as that is closing in on Defender numbers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree with many other posters that Ford is shooting themselves in the foot if they do not start around the price of Jeep. Regardless of features, the only message many buyers will get, oh, I can't afford to look at the Bronco since it is more expensive then a Jeep. You have to be able to get everyone into a Bronco to build the brand, they can buy higher trim models in time but you have to give them an entry point to win them for life first.

Don't say they can just buy a Bronco Sport, that is like someone wanting a Wrangler and they are told, sorry, all you can afford is a Renegade. I'll be a mid line buyer, but I want younger people and others in Bronco's that don't want, need or can't afford all the bells and whistles.
They'll start about the price of a Jeep, but likely this one.

2020 JEEP® WRANGLER SAHARA
MSRP* Starting at $38,645
EXTERIOR
INTERIOR
https://www.jeep.com/wrangler.html#configurator-enhanced-tabcontent_HIGHLIGHTS

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So just a theory about one-upsmanship base on nothing really. If the difference between the gladiator and the ranger 4x4 is $5000 then couldnt the difference in the bronco wrangler be $5000 and still be marketable? Grantd the gladiator has slow sales. But the pricd was still rooted in build costs and such. So knock grand off that and $32k sounds like a reasonable starting point, given the newness, and potential awesomeness.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just want a Rubicon competitor with a few key options for 50k OTD. Any higher than that and I'll get a used 802a Raptor. ?‍♂

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The vibe I've been getting is Bronco will be a little higher priced than a similar Wrangler.
I said a looong time ago that Bronco would be more expensive than Wrangler. This is a text from my buddy from 8 months ago:
“...attack every trim level of wrangler except for the very base Sport. Bronco will cost $2-3k more than the equivalent wrangler at the bottom end but the upper trims will come in possibly the same or cheaper than the Moab/hi-spec Rubis.”

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I said a looong time ago that Bronco would be more expensive than Wrangler. This is a text from my buddy from 8 months ago:
“...attack every trim level of wrangler except for the very base Sport. Bronco will cost $2-3k more than the equivalent wrangler at the bottom end but the upper trims will come in possibly the same or cheaper than the Moab/hi-spec Rubis.”
I can live with that. Honestly, I really should not take a note out higher than 30-32k. I am expecting to put down about 12k between cash and trade. That takes me to around $42-45ish. If that is the base model, with the street tires, a crappy color, small engine, weak shocks, - it would be like getting the lowest level of Mustang. What is the point?

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Honestly aside from trying to get the v6 and an the manual. Everything else can be basic base for me. I plan on doing my own suspension and whatever else it may need to be bad ass. Sometimes when you look at a classic its nice to find the most basic one, because it has the most potential. But all that remains to be revealed after i find out all about the first years buyers findings.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They'll start about the price of a Jeep, but likely this one.
2020 JEEP® WRANGLER SAHARA
MSRP* Starting at $38,645
EXTERIOR
INTERIOR
https://www.jeep.com/wrangler.html#configurator-enhanced-tabcontent_HIGHLIGHTS
My inside source basically said Ford will not compete with the base wrangler in price; however the base Bronco will MSRP slightly less than the Sport S wrangler and have similar if not more features, and each trim will slightly undercut Wrangler or offer more features for the same price.
You should be happy.
Looking at past threads, Nickp and ChrispyKC have said Bronco would not compete with Sport but the base price would start against the "Sport S" model. For comparison, here are the first four Jeep Wrangler trims in 2 door and 4 door for comparison, you can see the SAHARA is the forth model up in the 4 door style.

The 2 door and 4 door Jeep base price is the number you will see in the ads. We all know there will be nickel and dime line item pricing added for things like door knobs and floor mats along with dealer fees and the salespersons Hawaiian vacation. But still, it is the base price number in ads that will bring people through the door. If pricing starts ABOVE these Jeep base price numbers, I don't believe that is a winning formula to attack and take away Jeep market share.

Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price Jeep 2 door price

Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price Jeep 4 door price

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So this is a
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S with insulated Hardtop, 2.0 turbo 8speed auto, 7” screen, and w/ safety package.

I think the BASE Bronco will be similarly equipped. So $37,000 is a VERY safe bet and if so, it will EAT some wrangler sales.
Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price 82683162-2594-432E-987B-0E12734F37F2

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also the Jeep really only has 4 trims
Sport, Sport S, Sahara and Rubicon. Everything else is just a sticker package.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price 56FF23B5-AD67-463A-AAF7-6E8F4CAA19C7

Rubicon with hardtop, safety group, 2.0 turbo and 8 auto.

I think a similar bronco will be around 50K
Sponsored