Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I assume this relates to what you said before about the Bronco being sold like the Mach-E, where there is a set price from Ford for each trim and that is the price everyone pays?
Sponsored

skeeter97

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Shady marketing and lies from dealers have completely ruined what should otherwise be an enjoyable experience for me. Been lied straight to my face more than I can count, and have since moved to buying used from private party sellers. However, I've wanted a Bronco for longer than I can remember. I live in Washington State, and statements like what you just said have all but solidified my plan of buying from you in KC, and road tripping home. Wish there were more honest dealers like you out there

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Shady marketing and lies from dealers have completeely ruined what should otherwise be an enjoyable experience for me. Been lied straight to my face more than I can count, and have since moved to buying used from private party sellers. However, I've wanted a Bronco for longer than I can remember. I live in Washington State, and statements like what you just said have all but solidified my plan of buying from you in KC, and road tripping home. Wish there were more honest dealers like you out there
Everyone who lives near a mountain should be buying their bronco on the other side of it!

Engineerd

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't forget that the average transaction price of a new vehicle is around $39k. And this is not a commuter/basic transportation. These are enthusiast vehicles. Whatever starting price is I bet the average Bronco goes for $50k or more. Depressing, but I bet it's worth it.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If i can finance 30k. After trade and down payment. So mid to high 40s, with a basic off road package, and decent infotainment. Along with most of the basics PW,PL, Remote start, and heated seats/steering wheel. I'll be happy. From what i know, that should be feasible. Also probably the most common version you will see. Not many base models, not a ton of high end broncs, just somewhere in the middle. Or commonly known as "nicely equipped"

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good to hear. For me personally Iā€™d rather know MSRP, tags, title, fees etc right out the gate and know what my payment is going to be end up being. The ā€œsmoke and mirrorsā€ of car buying get tiresome. I honestly donā€™t care that the dealership gets money. Itā€™s how they keep their doors open. Itā€™s not being honest that gets me pissed off and transparency is a big advance in that direction.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

ChrispyKC, you have chosen a very challenging career, I have respect for those who try to make the car buying process more bearable. Unfortunately, for 99% of the public, they have to deal with an industry, sales people and sales management who have built a well earned reputation of being dishonest and shady. It is no wonder companies like Carvana and Drivetime do well as I believe they have fixed pricing.

It would seem to be a fair guess that 90% - 99% of sales people, sales management and dealerships are less then truthful. Is that to high, are there really more sales people who try to work for the customer, giving them a fair deal, perhaps, but I'm sure most of those that do get beaten down by their sales management and leave the industry. With the high industry turnover the public has little choice but to enter into every vehicle purchase with great apprehension due to the well earned reputation the industry has made for itself.

Also, there is a difference between a "Professional Shopper" and a well informed consumer who understands a fair deal, fair pricing for the dealer, including all fees, for total OTD pricing. My favorite car purchase, a 1989 Toyota Corolla, the sales person did their normal 4-square dance, then said he had to run my offer "by the manager"; 20 minutes of timed drama later, he came back with some pitiful counteroffer, I said thank you for your time and left. Now this was in Southern California where there was a Toyota dealer every 10-20 miles. I drove down the road, they had the identical model, I had a great salesperson who understood we were simply looking for a fair deal, he gladly sold us the car. A couple of hours later, new car in the garage, the first dealer calls and said he would accept my offer, I said thank you, but sorry, I already have the same new car in my garage.

Has the automotive industry forced the consumer to be weary and apprehensive, of course they have. Could fixed Bronco pricing, from the factory, help turn the tide, I hope so, but how many dealers will still play games with ADM stickers, 30%, 50%, 70%? So am I a cynic, no, I'm simply a product of the industry.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
ChrispyKC, you have chosen a very challenging career, I have respect for those who try to make the car buying process more bearable. Unfortunately, for 99% of the public, they have to deal with an industry, sales people and sales management who have built a well earned reputation of being dishonest and shady. It is no wonder companies like Carvana and Drivetime do well as I believe they have fixed pricing.

It would seem to be a fair guess that 90% - 99% of sales people, sales management and dealerships are less then truthful. Is that to high, are there really more sales people who try to work for the customer, giving them a fair deal, perhaps, but I'm sure most of those that do get beaten down by their sales management and leave the industry. With the high industry turnover the public has little choice but to enter into every vehicle purchase with great apprehension due to the well earned reputation the industry has made for itself.

Also, there is a difference between a "Professional Shopper" and a well informed consumer who understands a fair deal, fair pricing for the dealer, including all fees, for total OTD pricing. My favorite car purchase, a 1989 Toyota Corolla, the sales person did their normal 4-square dance, then said he had to run my offer "by the manager"; 20 minutes of timed drama later, he came back with some pitiful counteroffer, I said thank you for your time and left. Now this was in Southern California where there was a Toyota dealer every 10-20 miles. I drove down the road, they had the identical model, I had a great salesperson who understood we were simply looking for a fair deal, he gladly sold us the car. A couple of hours later, new car in the garage, the first dealer calls and said he would accept my offer, I said thank you, but sorry, I already have the same new car in my garage.

Has the automotive industry forced the consumer to be weary and apprehensive, of course they have. Could fixed Bronco pricing, from the factory, help turn the tide, I hope so, but how many dealers will still play games with ADM stickers, 30%, 50%, 70%? So am I a cynic, no, I'm simply a product of the industry.
Chrispy also has the advantage of doing mostly fleet stuff which, to my understanding, is a lot more transparent

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Chrispy also has the advantage of doing mostly fleet stuff which, to my understanding, is a lot more transparent
You are correct, I've gone straight to the fleet manager for several purchases, the experience was always better then Joe P. Salesman.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Years ago, in the 90s, my dad went to a dealership to get a jeep wrangler. Negotiated the price down got the exact model he wanted but right before he signed the paperwork he took it for another test drive to make sure itā€™s what he wanted. He took it to the Jeep dealership across the town and said he was going to be buying it for that price, that dealership gave them another $1500 off and bought that one there.

A few years later he traded that in for a brand new Ford Minivan because it rode like shit.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We still have to take our shoes off at airports, and 9/11 was ages ago. Ford needs a change; they can hardly just "keep on keepin' on". I think covid will usher in many changes that will become the new norm.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So I assume this relates to what you said before about the Bronco being sold like the Mach-E, where there is a set price from Ford for each trim and that is the price everyone pays?
Interesting to learn what Ford did with the Mach-E pricing policy, but the only restriction seems to be to say don't advertise below MSRP. Reading up on it I found the following articles, you see there is still alot of talk about ADM, ā€œadditional dealer markupā€ on top of MSRP, hopefully the Bronco pricing approach will limit this. (all articles edited for brevity):
Ford aims for Mach-E electric SUV price transparency, haggling still fair game

it seems, that Ford is making some preemptive moves to make sure its dealerships arenā€™t sharks in the cool blue waters.

Ford issued dealers specific instructions on how they are to advertise the price of the upcoming Mach-E. To put it in terms anyone can understand, to qualify for some special sweeteners for Mach-E sales, dealers wonā€™t be able to advertise a price thatā€™s lower than the MSRP.

CarsDirect quotes Ford as noting the move is intended to "be competitive in the battery electric vehicle space by transacting in the way customers want to transact." Although Ford is putting some strict controls over how dealerships advertise the price of the Mach-E, they still have little control over the actual selling priceā€”which could actually be lower than advertised on the Ford, while on the Mach-Eā€™s rival-to-be, the Tesla Model Y, itā€™s always fixed.

A stern talking-to might not fix what in the U.S. has been volatile pricing at the dealership on electric vehicles. Dealerships for Hyundai and Kia, for instance, have resorted to what they often openly advertise as ā€œadditional dealer markupā€ on top of MSRP.

GCR asked Ford if it had issued the rules as a move to match Tesla, or to shore up pricing to be more straightforward with incentives, and the automaker replied with the following statement about the practice: ā€œWe are sharing recommended pricing with dealers and customers to simplify the purchase experience. Ultimately, customers and dealers will agree to the final price of the vehicle relative to our recommended price.ā€

https://www.greencarreports.com/new...v-price-transparency-haggling-still-fair-game
Planning To Buy A Ford Mustang Mach-E? Know This First

And speaking of pricing, anyone who has or is considering purchasing a Mach-E needs to be aware of something that's likely to happen: dealership markups. A member of the Mach-E Club forum recently spoke to Jason Mase, who is in charge of Ford's electrification marketing strategy, about various Mach-E-related topics, among them pricing.

A direct question was asked regarding the possibility of markups even for current reservation holders and Mase confirmed that since Ford doesn't set pricing, it's ultimately up to dealers to decide. Remember, Ford, like every automaker, issues a Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for dealerships to go by, but they can adjust it as they see fit. Markups are not uncommon, especially for highly sought after new vehicles.

https://carbuzz.com/news/planning-to-buy-a-ford-mustang-mach-e-know-this-first

jmalinov

First Edition
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer, 2018 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Shady marketing and lies from dealers have completely ruined what should otherwise be an enjoyable experience for me. Been lied straight to my face more than I can count, and have since moved to buying used from private party sellers. However, I've wanted a Bronco for longer than I can remember. I live in Washington State, and statements like what you just said have all but solidified my plan of buying from you in KC, and road tripping home. Wish there were more honest dealers like you out there
same dude! Chrispy, can u dm me?

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interestingly enough; but not unexpected, some private offers ( First Responder for example) will not apply to the Bronco -at least at first ( I guess) . I just hope some dealers don't go all "2002 Ford Thunderbird" on us. I was in sales at a Ford dealer with pretty strong allocation during, before and after the Thunderbird reincarnation. I remember some of these dealers other than us were grabbing 12 k above sticker on them for the first 3 months or so until the supply hefted up. I realize the Bronco isn't the same situation and Ford Doesn't operate the same either but still. It is a good sign to see Ford at least INCLUDING the word Bronco on this.
Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price Screenshot (26)
Sponsored