First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought the Bronco Sport was a beefier Escape ... same wheelbase and interior size, but higher ride height and boxier styling.
no. Smaller wheel base. Smaller interior. Yes “beefier” but only on higher trims. Lower trims will be just like an SE Escape but smaller.

Escape is to Cherokee as Bronco sport is to compass.

like I said it HAS to cheaper otherwise it wouldnt sell. The average buyer would see the Escape is bigger and cheaper and buy that.

so in that regard. The Bronco sport will be $23-32k. 2 door bronco 30-55k
4 door bronco 33- <60k

I can’t see the MSRP going over 60k
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
no. Smaller wheel base. Smaller interior. Yes “beefier” but only on higher trims. Lower trims will be just like an SE Escape but smaller.

Escape is to Cherokee as Bronco sport is to compass.

like I said it HAS to cheaper otherwise it wouldnt sell. The average buyer would see the Escape is bigger and cheaper and buy that.

so in that regard. The Bronco sport will be $23-32k. 2 door bronco 30-55k
4 door bronco 33- <60k

I can’t see the MSRP going over 60k
This is the first I'm hearing anything about the Sport being smaller than the escape. I had the same impression as it sounds like everyone else, that the sport would essentially be an offroad, beefier version of the escape.

Unless the doors are super short, or the wheels are really small to throw perspective off, I can't see how the Sport could be significantly smaller than the Escape:

Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price 1588028581875

Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price 1588028606640

So I think the guess of a couple grand MORE than an Escape is probably right.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Revmatch is an idiot. he argued with me about the sport being a renegade competitor in his last video. Then magically next video it was a compass competitor.
THEN he gets info wrong every video.

This is the first I'm hearing anything about the Sport being smaller than the escape. I had the same impression as it sounds like everyone else, that the sport would essentially be an offroad, beefier version of the escape.

Unless the doors are super short, or the wheels are really small to throw perspective off, I can't see how the Sport could be significantly smaller than the Escape:

1588028581875.png

1588028606640.png

So I think the guess of a couple grand MORE than an Escape is probably right.

it leaked out a few weeks ago that the wheel base is shorter. 105” vs the escape 107” in a dealer order form.

so smaller vehicle = smaller price. If it’s more expensive it’s a waste because no one would buy it vs the bigger escape.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...s-packages-options-engines-transmission.1042/

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it leaked out a few weeks ago that the wheel base is shorter. 105” vs the escape 107” in a dealer order form.

so smaller vehicle = smaller price. If it’s more expensive it’s a waste because no one would buy it vs the bigger escape.
I can't say I agree. Two things:

-2" of wheelbase doesn't come close to telling the whole story for size. The overhangs of the Sport may be larger, and it's certainly taller with a roomier cargo area. It may also have a larger wheel/tire package which negates some of the wheelbase difference

-Even if the Escape IS slightly larger, in the current market, 'rugged' vehicles carry a bit of a premium. Two examples:
  • the Discovery Sport has a 2,741 mm wheelbase where the Defender 90 is 2587mm. But the Discovery Sport starts at $37k and the Defender starts at closer to 50k.
  • The Toyota Highlander starts at $34k with 112.2" wheelbase but the smaller 4Runner at 109.8" is $36k to start.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't say I agree. Two things:

-2" of wheelbase doesn't come close to telling the whole story for size. The overhangs of the Sport may be larger, and it's certainly taller with a roomier cargo area. It may also have a larger wheel/tire package which negates some of the wheelbase difference

-Even if the Escape IS slightly larger, in the current market, 'rugged' vehicles carry a bit of a premium. Two examples:
  • the Discovery Sport has a 2,741 mm wheelbase where the Defender 90 is 2587mm. But the Discovery Sport starts at $37k and the Defender starts at closer to 50k.
  • The Toyota Highlander starts at $34k with 112.2" wheelbase but the smaller 4Runner at 109.8" is $36k to start.
your comparing full frame suvs to crossover suvs. two different worlds my friend.
Escape and Bronco sport are the same platform and same engines. same transmission. AND same exact tire packages. the bronco sport offers a wider all terrain tire optional.

Overhangs are shorter on the sport as well. So that means the bronco sport will be 5-8” shorter overall.

Bronco Sport MAY be taller, and more rugged and have bigger tires IN TOP TRIMS. But the lower trims will be nearly identical but smaller.

so Escape starts at $27k and Tops out at 37k meaning the bronco sport should start at 24-25k but top out higher 38k?

Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price 71107A4F-9449-4E85-AECD-C0471BFD6A48

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
your comparing full frame suvs to crossover suvs. two different worlds my friend.
Escape and Bronco sport are the same platform and same engines. same transmission. AND same exact tire packages. the bronco sport offers a wider all terrain tire optional.

Overhangs are shorter on the sport as well. So that means the bronco sport will be 5-8” shorter overall.

Bronco Sport MAY be taller, and more rugged and have bigger tires IN TOP TRIMS. But the lower trims will be nearly identical but smaller.

so Escape starts at $27k and Tops out at 37k meaning the bronco sport should start at 24-25k but top out higher 38k?

Ford Bronco Base 2021 Bronco starting price 71107A4F-9449-4E85-AECD-C0471BFD6A48
Well, you may be right. I'm far from any sort of expert on new CUV pricing, so I'm certainly open to be surprised. I won't be in the market for one either way.

I just can't help but feel that if the only thing the Escape has going for it is a couple inches between the wheels and the Bronco Sport is otherwise identical or better in specs, looks cooler, and is cheaper...there's not gonna be a whole lot of Escape sales goin on.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, you may be right. I'm far from any sort of expert on new CUV pricing, so I'm certainly open to be surprised. I won't be in the market for one either way.

I just can't help but feel that if the only thing the Escape has going for it is a couple inches between the wheels and the Bronco Sport is otherwise identical or better in specs, looks cooler, and is cheaper...there's not gonna be a whole lot of Escape sales goin on.
the idea is the escape is the “rental fleet basic i just need a car to get to work” people. i mean look at all the 2012-2019 escape on the road. Gray, silver, white, boring basic. since the sedans are gone, that’s what basic people are buying.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I have a feeling there are still many unknowns. Ford feared the Ranger would steal F-150 sales and Escape/Bronco appear to be even closer and more likely to split sales unless Bronco has some seriously cool stuff we have yet to see. If that's the case, it would seem Bronco would cost more than Escape.

Escape_Artist

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT;
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the idea is the escape is the “rental fleet basic i just need a car to get to work” people. i mean look at all the 2012-2019 escape on the road. Gray, silver, white, boring basic. since the sedans are gone, that’s what basic people are buying.
If the idea is that the escape is a "rental fleet basic" then why would you think the Bronco Sport would be cheaper? Seems to me people would be a premium to get out of the "basic" category even at the cost of 2" of wheel base.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the idea is that the escape is a "rental fleet basic" then why would you think the Bronco Sport would be cheaper? Seems to me people would be a premium to get out of the "basic" category even at the cost of 2" of wheel base.
it’s all about size. If you have a bronco sport and an escape sitting next to each other one the lot. Identical options. Everyone is going to see the escape is bigger and go for that one if the price is the same.

the bottom half of the Bronco Sport trims going to be pretty bland. Not basic but definitely not super rugged and fun.

but it’s similar to the Chevy Equinox and Trailblazer. Equinox has no fun trims or options. Trailblazer is fun and smaller. And cheaper

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bottom of the barrel Mustangs have always been cheaper than lowest trim Camaro's

BOOM

That's proof that Ford will always be cheaper than their direct competitors by a few grand.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
New study shows that 40% in the cost of a car is all technology. Expected to rise to 45% by 2030. makes sense. Back up cameras, electronic brakes, throttle, shifter, safety, touch screen.

then look at HD trucks. Base F250 with the 7.3 4x4 is just over 40k
LOADED Platinum with the exact same Powertrain is over 80k. That’s 40k for what? Some leather, cameras and touchscreen.

never understand it. give me that base model and 40k cash and I will make a better looking and feeling truck

and that not 40k to have a nice interior that’s 40k to have a better interior. Like leather seats. $2k option on most cars. The seats are made identically. So your telling me leather cost $2k MORE than cloth. In terms of raw material? Not even close.

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
New study shows that 40% in the cost of a car is all technology. Expected to rise to 45% by 2030. makes sense. Back up cameras, electronic brakes, throttle, shifter, safety, touch screen.

then look at HD trucks. Base F250 with the 7.3 4x4 is just over 40k
LOADED Platinum with the exact same Powertrain is over 80k. That’s 40k for what? Some leather, cameras and touchscreen.

never understand it. give me that base model and 40k cash and I will make a better looking and feeling truck

and that not 40k to have a nice interior that’s 40k to have a better interior. Like leather seats. $2k option on most cars. The seats are made identically. So your telling me leather cost $2k MORE than cloth. In terms of raw material? Not even close.
I feel ya, I look at the extra charge for a larger screen in a car and laugh, Walmart has 10 inch Android tablets for like a hundred bucks, who knows what Ford pays for their screens when they order half a million per year, like 8 bucks a piece?
Things that I could see warranting a big jump in cost are offroad equipment. Lockers, heavy duty axels, high end shocks, skid plates. Things like that.
Sponsored