First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2021 Bronco BD 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I originally ordered a Base 2dr with Sasquatch, 2.7, up fitter switches mod bumper. Thinking of switching to Black Diamond 2dr non Sasquatch with 2.3 and mid package. I know resale will probably be better with the bigger engine but probably going to have it for a long time anyway. I also have read good things regarding the power in the 2.3. I now think that the BD is worth the extra money because it has many of the options I would have liked in the base (rubber floors, vinyl seats, etc...).

Looking for thoughts from everyone on pros and cons for either option. I also feel that removing two of the constraints (2.7 & Sasquatch) might get results faster on the build.
Sponsored

Andy_M

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I originally ordered a Base 2dr with Sasquatch, 2.7, up fitter switches mod bumper. Thinking of switching to Black Diamond 2dr non Sasquatch with 2.3 and mid package. I know resale will probably be better with the bigger engine but probably going to have it for a long time anyway. I also have read good things regarding the power in the 2.3. I now think that the BD is worth the extra money because it has many of the options I would have liked in the base (rubber floors, vinyl seats, etc...).

Looking for thoughts from everyone on pros and cons for either option. I also feel that removing two of the constraints (2.7 & Sasquatch) might get results faster on the build.
I’ve contemplated the exact same thing as you posted. For me I came back to the base squatch since I’ll still get the 2.7L but the difference in price could be put towards additional accessories (like an aftermarket soft top for summer). Even with that, it’s still very tempting to switch to badlands…

rsmag9

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got to see a bunch of them in person before I ordered and I switched from a base squatch to a black Diamond squatch after seeing the interior. Really liked the marine seats and vinyl flooring.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the mic top is by far the biggest constraint. If Ford offered race red in the base model I would swap from my current BD SAS to a base SAS. I’d change the seat covers and save some $.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Engine aside it comes down to:

Do you now or will you ever want 35" tires-yes=go Base Squatch
Do you want MGV and rubber floors-yes-go non Sas BD
Do you want both-yes-BD Squatch, screw the budget.

Sponsored

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The BD, non SAS, 2.3, auto is a good deal somewhere around 39,000 if memory serves me correctly. The base 2.7 SAS with mod bump, aux switches, and floor liners is around 40,500, you can't go wrong either way. The basesquatch has the f&r locker, no rock rails, and just front bash plate, bd has full body bash plates. Rubber floors and amazing mGV seats. I'm going with Basesquatch 2.7.

OP
OP
MDH224

MDH224

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I got to see a bunch of them in person before I ordered and I switched from a base squatch to a black Diamond squatch after seeing the interior. Really liked the marine seats and vinyl flooring.
Yeah the interior is my biggest factor.

OP
OP
MDH224

MDH224

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Engine aside it comes down to:

Do you now or will you ever want 35" tires-yes=go Base Squatch
Do you want MGV and rubber floors-yes-go non Sas BD
Do you want both-yes-BD Squatch, screw the budget.
Yeah budget is the issue. I have a 60k truck already and wife isn't wanting me to go more than mid 40's. She makes all the money since I retired from my real job, so I have to go with her wishes. LOL I also intend to haul it behind my motorhome so not sure eating up the 315's will be a good choice.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ah the great debate... Right there with you.
I have quotes from my dealer for:
BaseSas 2.7L w/ various add ons
BaseSas 2.3L w/ various add ons
BD 2.7L, Mid, w/ various add ons
BD 2.3L, Sas, Mid, w/ various add ons

I'm sure my dealer rolls his eyes when he sees my email address pop up. 😬

edit: I've even played around with Wildtrak on B&P, but it just doesn't make sense to pay for that trim package without MGV interior.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah budget is the issue. I have a 60k truck already and wife isn't wanting me to go more than mid 40's. She makes all the money since I retired from my real job, so I have to go with her wishes. LOL I also intend to haul it behind my motorhome so not sure eating up the 315's will be a good choice.
Gotcha. BTW my answer to my questions was no to all three so I went non Sas BB w/locker. I'll go to 33's at some point. I'm also a towed, so I wanted to keep weight and tire size down. Sounds like you like MGV, you'll get 4.46 and rear locker, those Grabbers are reasonable tires, you can get the optional wheels to jazz it up a bit. If I hadn't wanted cloth seats and carpet I would have gone that way.

Sponsored

661calibronco

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota highlander, dodge ram
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

I was in the same boat too. I ended up with a 2 door, 2.3 L manual, badlands. I really wanted the cyberorange color. I got it non squach. But I could definitely upgrade to 35" or even 37" in the future. Out the door for under $45k. You get the best of both base SAS and Black diamond

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 4Dr Base 2.7L Sasquatch MIC top is being built Friday. I want power, ground clearance and the badass Bronco look which only comes from Sasquatch. Years from now, the 2.7 & Sasqutch package are going to be what is sought after. No one will care much about the persnickety details of the various small tire trim levels.

Cskyline

Base
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3500Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I like the cloth seats better than the vinyl.
the vinyl is hot in summer and cold in winter .
I also like the HVAC controls on the base . I always thought the dual controls were a waste
Due to the small enclosure of the cabs but people like the creature comforts I guess to each his own
But base sas is my choice .
Sponsored