First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
The pricing model for is bent to push me up a trim level. I keep building out everything from Base to Black Diamond at around $41k, all in my price range! I don't want to reach past the 4dr BD. The Big Bend build I make always end up too close to BD for me to pass up on the washdown interior, and black diamond off road inclusions.

Give me your analysis:

Base Squatch 4d (MIC, Aux Switches)
Big Bend 4d (MIC, Aux Switches, Floor Liners, Locking Rear, Towing)
Black Diamond 4d (MIC, Brush Bar, Towing)

I'm leaning BD, because the base colors kinda fall flat for me, and the washdown interior is pretty helpful. But I can't decide between Squatch and the BD.

Big Bend really seems like just a Ford move to get you up a trim level. It doesn't add much delineation between Base and BD just a few options that could have been on the base model (looking at you 4d manual, towing package)...

Kind of disappointed as this was my res. I was hoping to go down a level and add my desired kit to the B&P but, 4d base forces auto and an upcharge over other trims from 2d to 4d. I'll just say I wouldn't pay for it otherwise..

What say you?
Sponsored

Last edited:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Your Black Diamond and Big Bend builds are not squatched. That answers it for me.

OP
OP
tlubull

tlubull

Base
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hard to pass up the squatch! Wish it was discounted on the BD build...

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Base squatch, but add the front bumper so you get the HD front bash plates. To me, it doesn't make sense to have lockers, but omit the HD bash plate in front.
It does if you're thinking aftermarket bumper and skids.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have to ask yourself how important a factory Sasquatch package is

That is where Iā€™m at..
I love the looks but Iā€™m not so sure itā€™s worth giving up roof rails and roof racks on my BD build for squatch
Iā€™m tempted to roll up to the BL and just upgrade the wheels and get 33s..

You can always add bigger tires later

Sponsored

motoarch

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
william
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why do you want sasquatch?

Do you just want it lifted with big tires or do you really need everything it comes with.

5k is a lot for big tires and you can always do that aftermarket.

In the big bend camp personally because I can get everything I need with it and nothing I don't.

Anything else can come aftermarket.

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™ve been debating this exact choice myself with base man squatch and BD. My preference is 4dr

40k Black Diamond
Bumper
Skids
Rear locker
Vinyl seats
Colors
Privacy glass
Leather steering wheel and shift knob
LED fog lights
Auxiliary switches
Manual trans

base-man-squatch
Doesnā€™t exist, canā€™t have manual trans and Sasquatch ?

35k base model
Itā€™s cheap
You can add everything later down the line to make into a black diamond. Everything I listed in BD can be done when the money comes except E-Rear locker, but you can get a locker eventually. You can truly make it yours with after market and be unique

41k base squatch
Itā€™s a squatch, but no manual, none of the BD standard add ons. For 41k I want all the stuff that the BD has. Did I mention no manual... really no manual.

itā€™s coming down to, how much do I want to mod my rig. Get everything I want now in BD and just add a simple lift and bigger tires later. Or base and add a lot of mods later.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I jumped around a lot between Base-BB-BD, since July. Ended up with BD because it has the features and items I want, for the most part, in my budget ballpark. B&P Base and BB always brought me to the BD price. So that's what I'm going with. Never really considered Squatch though.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Black Diamond. Lots of bang for your $

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Skip the bumpers and tow hitch way cheaper aftermarket later .
The sasquatch is so much more than tires get the bones now skip the fluff ,base colors kinda suck but its a big jump to big bend you might come in under budget.

Sponsored

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are plenty of threads on this, but the squatch is a lot more than bigger tires. IMHO, if you need bigger tires, the squatch is a great value. You get a vehicle with great offroad capability and a drivetrain/suspension designed to work with bigger tires.
If you want bigger tires solely for how they look, I can't help you with that. My limited mental capacities make it hard to understand those that are choosing options with a mall crawler in mind. :)

Darforce

Black Diamond
First Name
Darlene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru crosstrek/ Mazda miata
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The pricing model for is bent to push me up a trim level. I keep building out everything from Base to Black Diamond at around $41k, all in my price range! I don't want to reach past the 4dr BD. The Big Bend build I make always end up too close to BD for me to pass up on the washdown interior, and black diamond off road inclusions.

Give me your analysis:

Base Squatch 4d (MIC, Aux Switches)
Big Bend 4d (MIC, Aux Switches, Floor Liners, Locking Rear, Towing)
Black Diamond 4d (MIC, Brush Bar, Towing)

I'm leaning BD, because the base colors kinda fall flat for me, and the washdown interior is pretty helpful. But I can't decide between Squatch and the BD.

Big Bend really seems like just a Ford move to get you up a trim level. It doesn't add much delineation between Base and BD just a few options that could have been on the base model (looking at you 4d manual, towing package)...

Kind of disappointed as this was my res. I was hoping to go down a level and add my desired kit to the B&P but, 4d base forces auto and an upcharge over other trims from 2d to 4d. I'll just say I wouldn't pay for it otherwise..

What say you?
Iā€™d want the nice bumper, so it would be BD for me. Iā€™d skip the brush bar. There are better ones out there for less.
Sponsored