First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am getting ready to place my order this weekend and I am still on the fence on getting a base truck- 2.3 and 7 speed manual. And immediately upgrading the tires and wheels to a wider and larger size. I don't need them to be 35"- but has anyone researched to see what would fit stock- 32" or 33"? And what about wheel width- how wide are the stock base wheels and how wide can you go that will fit without a lift?

The gearing on the 2.3 and 7 speed manual seems like it would handle a little larger tire just fine as it is 4.7, similar to Sasquatch package gears?

If I add the Sasquatch to the base, then I have to get automatic. And the 2.3 might not move it quick enough so then I'm looking at adding the 2.7. That boosts the price up 10K to 40K from 30K. Aftermarket tires and wheels will be about 2K- a whole lot less. I'd ben in for 32K versus 40K.

I don't need any bells and whistles- base is just fine for me- having power windows and Cruise Control seems luxury to me LOL. I just want a little larger and more aggressive tires than stock.
Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went Base Sasquatch 4DR with 2.3 and Auto. Need 4DR for family. I was thinking about doing the Big Bend for the 32" tires and adding the 4.27 E-Locker.

If you don't care about lockers I'd wait on wheel companies to see what they come out with. I like the stuff from Fifteen52.

As for as size 255/75/17 (32.1") should be fine, just need to get different wheels.

I was initially thinking Base and getting 235/85/16, which are about 31.6"

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am getting ready to place my order this weekend and I am still on the fence on getting a base truck- 2.3 and 7 speed manual. And immediately upgrading the tires and wheels to a wider and larger size. I don't need them to be 35"- but has anyone researched to see what would fit stock- 32" or 33"? And what about wheel width- how wide are the stock base wheels and how wide can you go that will fit without a lift?

The gearing on the 2.3 and 7 speed manual seems like it would handle a little larger tire just fine as it is 4.7, similar to Sasquatch package gears?

If I add the Sasquatch to the base, then I have to get automatic. And the 2.3 might not move it quick enough so then I'm looking at adding the 2.7. That boosts the price up 10K to 40K from 30K. Aftermarket tires and wheels will be about 2K- a whole lot less. I'd ben in for 32K versus 40K.

I don't need any bells and whistles- base is just fine for me- having power windows and Cruise Control seems luxury to me LOL. I just want a little larger and more aggressive tires than stock.
Base Manual is 4.46 gears not 4.7 but I’m sure it will still handle bigger wheels and tires within reason. Go for it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was in your exact situation.
Ordered base Base.
Summary of the link above :
33's should fit no problem.
That was my belief before all the math and CAD drawings.
BUT, Now we think 34's MIGHT fit also, no lift, no mods, maybe remove the crash bars.
285/75-17 .... 33.8"

BTW, rims and rubber will be 2500 MINIMUM.

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base

Base 2.7L Sasquatch all day long. You won't regret it.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Base Manual is 4.46 gears not 4.7 but I’m sure it will still handle bigger wheels and tires within reason. Go for it.
I'm curious what the diff gearing will be for the 2.3L manual Sasquatch (when eventually available). The stock 4.46 seems kind of short, given a base model with the stock (30"?) tires. If the manual Sasquatch will have 35" tires, to maintain the overall gearing would seem to require diff gears in excess of 4.7.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Either will be great, I've thought about both myself. Simplify your decision to Manual or Auto and $ or $$.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious what the diff gearing will be for the 2.3L manual Sasquatch (when eventually available). The stock 4.46 seems kind of short, given a base model with the stock (30"?) tires. If the manual Sasquatch will have 35" tires, to maintain the overall gearing would seem to require diff gears in excess of 4.7.
All Sasquatch are 4.7 gearing. I would expect the manual to be the same. I’m waiting for a Manual Sasquatch

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was in your exact situation.
Ordered base Base.
Summary of the link above :
33's should fit no problem.
That was my belief before all the math and CAD drawings.
BUT, Now we think 34's MIGHT fit also, no lift, no mods, maybe remove the crash bars.
285/75-17 .... 33.8"

BTW, rims and rubber will be 2500 MINIMUM.
Keep an eye out for holiday tire sales (in particular Memorial/Labor Day). I got 265/75R16 Cooper AT tires (32") for $90 each after sale and rebates. Lets say 33" tires for $125 each at $500 total.

Aftermarket steel wheels for Wrangler JLs are available for $120 each (probably could find lower on sale). $1000 total for 4 wheels/tires, and then mount/balance. Looking at around $1150 grand total.

If wanting a more premium aluminum wheel, and a particular brand premium tire then yes, would be looking at potential considerable higher cost.

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
All Sasquatch are 4.7 gearing. I would expect the manual to be the same. I’m waiting for a Manual Sasquatch
The Bronco 2.3L manual base has a 255/75R16 stock tire size, which is around 31" diameter. And that config will have 4.46 gearing based on the order page. Jumping up to 35" tire diameter on the Sasquatch, if only changing diffs from 4.46 to 4.7, will not maintain the same final drive ratio.

I will run some calculations, but I think the Sasquatch version would need a further bump in the diff gearing from 4.7. Which is why the 4.46 stock diff gearing is perhaps my #1 puzzlement with the Bronco. I was surprise to see such short gears with only 31" tires, and part of me still thinks it's a mistake. Will see ...

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Y’all gona want SAMSQUANCH

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the replies. I answered my own question in the tires and wheels section. I read up on the tire sizes, offsets, etc. It seems the wheel off set and center bore is the same as the Ranger. And I will be able to go with a 32" size tire. So I am leaning on a 285/70/17 on 17 X 8 wheels with a 30-55 offset.

I don't think any aftermarket manufacturers make wheels for the Bronco yet do they?
I have not checked on Tire Rack yet- will aftermarket Ranger wheels fit? Need to check the available offsets.
Sponsored