Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I just finished an install from a base system, including replacing all speakers with Focal (components in kick, dash, coaxial rear), a 10" sub, amps for six channels plus the sub, and an AudioControl DQ-61. The issue I've run into is I believe the signal for the sub channel on the DQ-61 is derived from the rear speakers (if someone knows otherwise please educate me) which from what I've read has a high pass filter at the head unit. I'm having to crank in/out levels on the DQ-61, as well as the sub amp in order to get decent bass levels (normal balanced bass, nothing extreme.) Turning up the levels and gains is resulting in a bit of noise through the sun with no signal present. I'm wondering if there's a way to turn off the high pass filter for the rears in ForScan.

Also, for anyone planning on using an hi level converter, resistors are required for the front channels in order for the head unit to sense a load and output signal. Without the resistors (or AudioControl resistor module), no signal.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No matter how much tweaking you do, 4" rears aren't going to give enough mids and volume when you go topless. New rear mounts, that don't completely block your view, for 6's is what we all need. I put the stinger rear gate sub with a dsp in and it's a huge improvement. Now I need those 6's in the back.
I definitely agree that some efficient 6's would certainly be able to make a difference in the back, especially after you monkey with the front-rear fader.

Reactions: Geo

Bmanati

Outer Banks
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That actually sounds promising….Maybe setting it to 00 disables the head unit DSP which could make a nice difference and is inline with the mustang video from the OP.
Do you know if adjusting the forscan for audio voids any warranty from ford?
Sponsored