Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The day is finally here, it’s time to submit my order with my dealer. The only problem is that after months of weighing the options I have 90% of my build figured out but am still unsure on whether to squatch the Badlands or not.

I realistically only need the 33s based on my expected amount of off-roading but I also don’t want to regret not going Sasquatch if 50% of Broncos on the road are squatched (based on our initial order tracking). The aesthetics of the Sasquatch package seem hard to beat and I’ll admit that is a big driving factor in my decision. Hell the aesthetics of the whole vehicle Are what really got me interested and excited in the first place. The thing I like about the Sasquatch the most is the stance. The thing looks like a bulldog with the wheels extending out from the body. With the base 33s on the Badlands the tires look more flush in the wheel well so I don’t feel like the stance will be as badass.

I’m curious, what helped you guys make the final decision one way or the other? Are there any photos of the vehicle that helped you decide either way? I saw the overlander concept in person and absolutely loved it but it was an unofficial Sasquatch so not a fair example. Are there any photos out there or a base badlands next to a squatched badlands? Or even next to any squatched Bronco for that matter?
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The day is finally here, it’s time to submit my order with my dealer. The only problem is that after months of weighing the options I have 90% of my build figured out but am still unsure on whether to squatch the Badlands or not.

I realistically only need the 33s based on my expected amount of off-roading but I also don’t want to regret not going Sasquatch if 50% of Broncos on the road are squatched (based on our initial order tracking). The aesthetics of the Sasquatch package seem hard to beat and I’ll admit that is a big driving factor in my decision. Hell the aesthetics of the whole vehicle Are what really got me interested and excited in the first place. The thing I like about the Sasquatch the most is the stance. The thing looks like a bulldog with the wheels extending out from the body. With the base 33s on the Badlands the tires look more flush in the wheel well so I don’t feel like the stance will be as badass.

I’m curious, what helped you guys make the final decision one way or the other? Are there any photos of the vehicle that helped you decide either way? I saw the overlander concept in person and absolutely loved it but it was an unofficial Sasquatch so not a fair example. Are there any photos out there or a base badlands next to a squatched badlands? Or even next to any squatched Bronco for that matter?
I'm getting Badlands w/33s. Don't need Squatch and more concerned how it handles on the road & highway (99%) of my driving. The 33s will handle better and will still take me very far off road. Sounds like you already made up your mind of wanting the Squatch badass look. Do what makes you feel good.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha...I’m in the same boat. I gave my dealership my order yesterday which was a 2 door Badlands with 33’s and the optional rims. Now I’m starting to wonder if I should just go straight Sasquatch seeing how it’s only $1500 more. However, at the same time I feel like it’s more needed on the four door than the two door due to the overall look of the vehicle.

Grizzly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think I’ve decided Badlands w/High vs Squatch. My main reasoning was I want the 12” screen and it’s way easier to add things like larger tires and maybe a small lift later if you decide you want that look vs anything electronics based, but that’s just how I view using my budget

Edit: Also, don’t feel rushed to order if you’re still torn. You have until March even if your dealership is pushing you to do it sooner. Your time stamp will still apply so it doesn’t matter when

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just an FYI the way B&P shows Sasquatch has a good amount of artistic license. The tires in B&P look to be at least 365 wides and closer to 37’s than 35’s. Tire will not stick outside the flares from the factory — govt regulations. So that look that you want won’t actually exist in person from the factory.

I don’t really see the dilemma here. You’ll be able to upgrade to 35’s with no issue down the road. Why pay $2,500 more for so-so wheels whose beadlock capability you’ll never use and unproven multi-terrain tires.

Roll with 33’s and just upgrade to 35’s for half the cost if you’re unsatisfied with 33’s.

Sponsored

TNBronc4344

Badlands
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in the same boat. I always wanted the MT so accepted I would have to settle for 33’s because I didn’t want to wait for MY22 for MT Squatch. I’m a day 3 resv and it’s looking like with my dealers allocations as is I prob won’t be getting a 21 anyway. So now I’m back to wondering if squatch will be worth the extra money outside of the look. I’m not good at making decisions. Lol.

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am going 33 on the BL because I like the KO2 AT’s and that is a proven tire. I also know that with the BL i can always give it a little lift and add 35’s later on if I want to.

I love the look of the Sasquatch and the 35’s but it’s just not a practical tire size for me and I don’t need it. There are two jeeps and a FJ cruiser in my neighborhood that have 35’s with big chunky tires. I can hear them driving down the street from a mile away. Two of those people have the wranglers as their extra vehicle and drive small cars to work. That’s because those big tires equal less than pleasant hwy driving.

If you have to have the sasquatch, you HAVE to have it.

That’s my 2 cents at least.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I’ve decided Badlands w/High vs Squatch. My main reasoning was I want the 12” screen and it’s way easier to add things like larger tires and maybe a small lift later if you decide you want that look vs anything electronics based, but that’s just how I view using my budget

Edit: Also, don’t feel rushed to order if you’re still torn. You have until March even if your dealership is pushing you to do it sooner. Your time stamp will still apply so it doesn’t matter when
Same here, plus I wanted the 7MT and '21, so . . .

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was dead set on the BL with 33s, but will go with BL Squatch instead.

The decision became less about the tires, and more about the 4.7 gearing. I live in CO, and would like the flexibility down the road to go bigger on tires and have a better ratio for crawling. Tires are relatively cheap to replace, but gearing gets expensive, so I went with the most aggressive gearing I could.

BCA

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explore Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting Badlands w/33s. Don't need Squatch and more concerned how it handles on the road & highway (99%) of my driving. The 33s will handle better and will still take me very far off road. Sounds like you already made up your mind of wanting the Squatch badass look. Do what makes you feel good.
I feet the same way, the 33” will be enough tire to start out. Once I get a feel for the vehicle and how it handles, I would probably go to a slightly bigger tire size when the 33” wear out.

Sponsored

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are there any photos out there or a base badlands next to a squatched badlands? Or even next to any squatched Bronco for that matter?
This is the post I referenced as I made my decision. There may be better ones out there, but I thought it was helpful.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know anything about what is involved in doing a lift. How difficult will that be? I assume you'll want to put on a small lift before putting 35s on a BL that come from the factory with 33s.

Ponyup

Badlands
First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60, Nissan Armada, CX-3, Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered Badlands with the 33's and the optional wheels. If the choices were the base wheel and Sasquatch I would have gone larger. The base wheel looks too Jeepy to me. I liked that on this trim I still get the higher suspension for possible tire size changes later. I'm happy with my choice.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was dead set on the BL with 33s, but will go with BL Squatch instead.

The decision became less about the tires, and more about the 4.7 gearing. I live in CO, and would like the flexibility down the road to go bigger on tires and have a better ratio for crawling. Tires are relatively cheap to replace, but gearing gets expensive, so I went with the most aggressive gearing I could.
The gearing is the biggest thing that has me thinking squatch. If you think you might want 35s, best to have gearing optimized for that tire size. Everything else needed to up the tire size seems like it ought to be straight forward.

Plus, I've been working from home through this whole process. The view outside of my workspace includes my Expedition and 2 of my neighbor's trucks. All have 33s and they just don't look like a tire sized for anything other than modest offroad.

RiseAbove

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger RT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was a dilemma I went through. Ultimately I decided that since I wasn’t going above the mid package, that a SAS BD would be enough. The stock BL with the LED, Sway Disco is what I’m giving up.

I would have went with 33s expect that would require me to change gearing if I went up in tire size, which I didn’t want to do.

I plan up upgrade the grill and the lights. I really didn’t need the sway bar disconnect, as much as I wanted it. The other thing I gave up was the 12in screen, which I can probably also upgrade later if I wanted to.

so it comes down to what you’re looking to do. I knew once I saw Broncos Sasquatched that I’d be kicking myself, even though 100% 33s are perfecting fine and capable.
Sponsored