First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The day is finally here, it’s time to submit my order with my dealer. The only problem is that after months of weighing the options I have 90% of my build figured out but am still unsure on whether to squatch the Badlands or not.

I realistically only need the 33s based on my expected amount of off-roading but I also don’t want to regret not going Sasquatch if 50% of Broncos on the road are squatched (based on our initial order tracking). The aesthetics of the Sasquatch package seem hard to beat and I’ll admit that is a big driving factor in my decision. Hell the aesthetics of the whole vehicle Are what really got me interested and excited in the first place. The thing I like about the Sasquatch the most is the stance. The thing looks like a bulldog with the wheels extending out from the body. With the base 33s on the Badlands the tires look more flush in the wheel well so I don’t feel like the stance will be as badass.

I’m curious, what helped you guys make the final decision one way or the other? Are there any photos of the vehicle that helped you decide either way? I saw the overlander concept in person and absolutely loved it but it was an unofficial Sasquatch so not a fair example. Are there any photos out there or a base badlands next to a squatched badlands? Or even next to any squatched Bronco for that matter?
What drove me to Non-Sasquatch was as you said the "looking like a bulldog" stance. I think the sasquatch is too wide and "baja racer" looking for me. I more like the cleaner narrower look of a taller and narrower tire (I'm a pizza cutter sort of guy with wheels/ tires). To me as a previous owner of 2 gen one's, a Bronco should be a slim, narrow, agile vehicle. I never liked the James Duff look of the wide stance sand dunes racer.

And it also came down to how I as a 52 y/o am I actually going to realistically use this car. Daily driver, weekend fun car, mountain camping trips with pretty easy off-roading. Pretty much what I currently do in my Grand Cherokee.

It also came down to price, two things that were high on my list of desired options were a front locker and the sway bar disconnect. No matter how I sliced it those were going to be about an additional $5K, SAS a BD or get a non-SAS BL. At the end of the day I couldn't mentally bring myself to be over $50K, I just couldn't do it. A BL as I wanted was 50,120 and my BD came in at 45,865, both non-SAS.

In the beginning I was all in on SAS, then I saw all the pics from the factory (15 broncos or something similar) and I couldn't get over the fact of how wide the fenders were. It just looks too wide for my taste. You may look at that and say, "that's exactly what I want"!!

Hope this helps, I spend several sleepless nights doing exactly what you're doing now!! Best of luck in your decision. Bronco's BAD ASS no matter what you get.
Sponsored

scotts418

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really? I like the alternate wheels more. Lol. :( Of course the OEM wheels would be cheaper though. Hmmm.
I think the upgraded wheels look better, but the stock ones are really good looking too and since I decided to go with black modular top upgrade, I’ll stick with cheaper oem wheels. Easy to upgrade wheels in the future if I get tired of them.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are some photos I kept in my build spreadsheet to help with my decision making of sticking with the 33's

2D BL w/ stock 33 KO2s and stock wheels
Ford Bronco Base Badlands w/ 33s vs Sasquatch w/ 35s final decision 1611327884923

Wildtrak compared to 4 door BL w/ optional 33in MT and beadlock carb gray wheels
Ford Bronco Base Badlands w/ 33s vs Sasquatch w/ 35s final decision 1611328095725

Sean492

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Ford Mustang Boss 302 and 2011 Ford F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The day is finally here, it’s time to submit my order with my dealer. The only problem is that after months of weighing the options I have 90% of my build figured out but am still unsure on whether to squatch the Badlands or not.

I realistically only need the 33s based on my expected amount of off-roading but I also don’t want to regret not going Sasquatch if 50% of Broncos on the road are squatched (based on our initial order tracking). The aesthetics of the Sasquatch package seem hard to beat and I’ll admit that is a big driving factor in my decision. Hell the aesthetics of the whole vehicle Are what really got me interested and excited in the first place. The thing I like about the Sasquatch the most is the stance. The thing looks like a bulldog with the wheels extending out from the body. With the base 33s on the Badlands the tires look more flush in the wheel well so I don’t feel like the stance will be as badass.

I’m curious, what helped you guys make the final decision one way or the other? Are there any photos of the vehicle that helped you decide either way? I saw the overlander concept in person and absolutely loved it but it was an unofficial Sasquatch so not a fair example. Are there any photos out there or a base badlands next to a squatched badlands? Or even next to any squatched Bronco for that matter?
My dilemma as well but will be going with the 33's for the following reasons; the suspension is basically the same minus the bump and I prefer the KO2's over the M/T's. The gearing (4.7) shows to be available at no extra cost on the B&P and was confirmed with my dealer over the phone but may change during our appointment next week. The optional 33" rims are beadlock capable as well.
If I decide to upgrade to 35's a levelling kit at around $100 will remedy the problem and give me amble room to do so.

Reactions: BD1

Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it possible to switch to 33’s if you get the Squatch? I know the gearing is for 35’s. What is the better off roader; standard Badlands HOSS with sway bar disconnect and 33 or adding the Squatch to Badlands and loosing the disconnect. I’m by no means an expert on something that has not come out.
I don't think you lose the swaybar disconnect by adding Squatch to Badlands. A good driver with Badlands 33s will be able to go places and do things that would scare the crap out of you. It is a super capable vehicle. That said, 35 inch tires gives you more ground clearance which will take you over bigger rocks and obstacles. You will scrap the underside less with big tires. I used to do crazy shit in my 94 and 95 Defender 90s with 32" tires, no front or rear lockers or sway disco.

You can go down in tire size, but your speedo, etc will be out of whack. Not sure how the transmission will handle it. Gearing will be off.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My dilemma as well but will be going with the 33's for the following reasons; the suspension is basically the same minus the bump and I prefer the KO2's over the M/T's. The gearing (4.7) shows to be available at no extra cost on the B&P and was confirmed with my dealer over the phone but may change during our appointment next week. The optional 33" rims are beadlock capable as well.
If I decide to upgrade to 35's a levelling kit at around $100 will remedy the problem and give me amble room to do so.
If the 4.7 is avalible on the BL for free without going sas, then I will not do sas. But I want to say that has been debunked. You need sas to get the 4.7, sadly. I hope I am wrong.

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since my wife is getting a 4 dr OBX sasq, I was always going to get a basic 2 dr BL with MT. The recent photos of 2 dr sasq look funny to me. I prefer the tall skinny tire look over the fat and wide squatty look. I'll be changing my tires immediately to 255/80/r17's.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't think you lose the swaybar disconnect by adding Squatch to Badlands. A good driver with Badlands 33s will be able to go places and do things that would scare the crap out of you. It is a super capable vehicle. That said, 35 inch tires gives you more ground clearance which will take you over bigger rocks and obstacles. You will scrap the underside less with big tires. I used to do crazy shit in my 94 and 95 Defender 90s with 32" tires, no front or rear lockers or sway disco.

You can go down in tire size, but your speedo, etc will be out of whack. Not sure how the transmission will handle it. Gearing will be off.
Correct ...will not lose disco going sas with BL. That's crazy talk.

Jackattack

Badlands
First Name
Jarmon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullsh
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Didn't read the whole thread but I battled this for a while also. My conclusion is drop the squatch and pick up the 2.7L it will be easier to customize the wheel and tires aftermarket. Thats pretty much all you get with squatch on BL. Well, 10mm of lift also. You can get a bigger motor and auto trans for the same price.

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went back and forth on this, more so between a squatched Black diamond (to be cost competitive) vs a manual badlands on 33's. To preface, I wont wait for manual squatch, it will take too long to get! So that aside if I consider a squatched BB instead of the manual BL I absolutely would get the TTV6. The cost works out about the same such that I am weighing the fun factor of TTV6 + trail turn assist + big tires from the get go, against the manual + slightly better wheel travel + swaybar disco + slightly better interior. I have no issue with the 33" BFG's but as soon as they are ready to swap out I will be getting my own set of 35's (or bigger) and they will probably be slightly narrower than what the squatch has (my preference). When its all said and done im getting the Manual 33" Badlands, but if I was not interested in the manual or disco or high trim interior then I might as well get a Squatched BD with TTV6.

Edit, I also think the aftermarket 35's with non squatched fenders will look better. But thats not a deciding factor and there will be no shortage of custom trim options like what Jeep has anyway.

Also, for those who are confused. The Badlands IS the squatch chassis/driveline with a different set of coil overs. The squatch coil overs slightly limit travel and raise the ride height. Rear springs may be a slightly different rate as well. But for the most part the "tradeoffs" are far more limited than some of these comments are leading on. And yes 35's will fit on the badlands without Squatch though you might want to swap front springs for asthetics

Last edited:

Djdmustang

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we dont know if we loose HOSS but we do know that if we Squatch the BL we loose disconnect for sure. Some people say that a stock BL can handle 35's with the 4.6 ratio but not 37's (I agree with that). Sounds to me like you only need Squatch to future proof your Bronco for 37's due to the low gearing @ 4.7. Therefore it appears that if one (me) likes to do high speed type of desert driving and wants to do some rock crawling (disconnect) and wants better highway manners it is better to not Squatch a BL. My head is hurting..... because all this time I believed that Squatch would be better purchased from the factory.

Having said all that.... if you go with lower models and get Base & BB you need Squatch for the front & rear diff lock. Squatch only adds front diff lock to BD as it comes with rear diff lock.

I'm now leaning towards non Squatching my BL, I need to go back to dealer and remove Squatch and either save some money or get the Mid to High end package. My head is hurting!

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with the Squatch for the 4.7 gears, electric front locker, and tires for the look. Main decision laid in the gearing and locker because I didn’t want to buy a $50K vehicle and then know I had to stick more money into it to actually get what I wanted. My2cents
Alibi: I’m order a BD which front locker is not standard.

Last edited:

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Stock Badlands 33s look great, but the moment you see them beside a Squatch, they look small.

I would definitely go with Sasquatch. It’s a great deal from the factory.
Sponsored