Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought the lack of a leather steering wheel was going to be an issue. It was not. Except for heated seats, (which you need about 4 times a year in the Southeast), I am happy with how the Base model is equipped. I ordered Bartact seat covers (still waiting) which I had in my Jeep, so the cloth seats are not a big deal either. If I had it to do over again, I would still order the Base Model.
I’ll have to check out those seat covers.
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think the MGV seats will hold up better than the cloth? Like maybe getting caught in the rain with the top off?
Don't listen to that Nonmom or whatever guy. He is confusing leather with MGV so it is not relevent to you. (his original post said he sat in 'MGV' in a Wildtrak, there is only leather and cloth available in them.)

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hate hate hate auto climate control. I curse when l rent a car with it. It takes control of the blower, turns it wide open at times. Just give me a temp and blower knob, simple and less to break.
Thats the beauty of it. No messing with a dial to get it just right gets it to the right temp then settles down. But different strokes for different folks

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, blind spot, adaptive cruise, sway bar disconnect can’t really be added so I will live without. bash plates, rocker rails, steel bumpers, better speakers, seat covers, floor mats, tow receiver, all easily available and way cheaper (and mostly better quality) than going $10k+ up trim to add. Saving a few bucks for maybe an upgraded steering rack...

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My 4 door Base non Squatch with only aux switches, cargo mat, floor mats and key pad is currently sitting on Ice Mountain. I have a set of Black Diamond take-offs, Bronco script badges, and off road lights, ready to go on it.

Here are a couple of videos that shows what Base is capable of. Dusty is a member of the 6G community.

Sponsored

The YETI

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Crew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Black Diamond equipped as similar as possible to my Base order was $42,275 vs $35,530. For my planned use I didn't see nearly $7,000 of value. If you're buying a dedicated/serious off roader, get the BD or Basesquatch. If you are using it as a daily driver and occasionally light off-roading then Base with some better tires may be for you.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A Black Diamond equipped as similar as possible to my Base order was $42,275 vs $35,530. For my planned use I didn't see nearly $7,000 of value. If you're buying a dedicated/serious off roader, get the BD or Basesquatch. If you are using it as a daily driver and occasionally light off-roading then Base with some better tires may be for you.
🤔 good points!

Mobernerd

Base
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Colorado Z71/1972 GMC Sprint SP
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I came from a fully loaded Z71: Heated seats, heated steering wheel, wireless charging, climate control, all the creature comforts. Even in northern Minnesota, I don't miss any of it enough to complain. The one thing I did really enjoy was the heated steering wheel, but I am more than happy to have given it up for my basesquatch.

I would recommend getting the sasquatch package as it provides all the goodies you'll need for off-roading and it looks cool.

Ford Bronco Base Base Owners - I have some questions 😬 IMG_1551

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have a Samurai and a VW Thing. Even a base Bronco is a loaded luxury vehicle from my perspective.

My wife has a MINI with every available option, the thing can even parallel park itself. The passenger mirror tilts down in reverse so you can see the curb. It beeps and the dash radar shows if you parked too close to a shrub. Most of it is BS fluff you don't need or can easily live without. It's also crazy money to fix when that crap fails.

People are spoiled. Blows my mind when folks double the price their vehicle with options.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
47 YO accountants couple here, no kids and debt free, ready to retire at 55 in a South America beach and hopefully never own a vehicle again. These will be our last two cars before we retire.
BaseSquatch 2 door for my wife with the 2.7 is a big upgrade from our 2012 Wrangler 2 door manual soft top. I actually love the super basic Wrangler as the aftermarket sells absolutely anything you heart desires. One of the things I added to the Jeep was torsen limited slip differentials front and rear and 2021 Sahara wheels/tires, so the Sasquatch package was well worth the money to me. The aftermarket will take care of almost all my needs for the Bronco so I'm happy to buy at a price I can trade/sell the Jeep and pay cash for the balance.

I am in communications with a dealer to order a 2023 Lightning to replace my Volt.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

47 YO accountants couple here, no kids and debt free, ready to retire at 55 in a South America beach and hopefully never own a vehicle again. These will be our last two cars before we retire.
BaseSquatch 2 door for my wife with the 2.7 is a big upgrade from our 2012 Wrangler 2 door manual soft top. I actually love the super basic Wrangler as the aftermarket sells absolutely anything you heart desires. One of the things I added to the Jeep was torsen limited slip differentials front and rear and 2021 Sahara wheels/tires, so the Sasquatch package was well worth the money to me. The aftermarket will take care of almost all my needs for the Bronco so I'm happy to buy at a price I can trade/sell the Jeep and pay cash for the balance.

I am in communications with a dealer to order a 2023 Lightning to replace my Volt.
Let us know how the Lightning is.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Let us know how the Lightning is.
By the time I'm allowed to order one, there will be hundreds of YouTubers scrutinizing every nut and bolt on one. For me, It'll be a minute.

Benzito

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an absolute base - 2.3L manual 2D with the only "options" being floor mats (and in hindsight, I should have skipped the cargo rug and went with the rubberized one).

With the money saved, you can pretty much do whatever you want other than lockers and some of the gadgets that the higher trim models offer. I thought I'd be immediately getting leather seats ($1700) and new 17" wheels and upgrading the bumper, but it's actually all good as-is. Well, with a swap from factory tires to 285/75/R16 tires. You could go to 35" wheels and tires and a lift and you're still well below what you would pay for the Big Bend or the Sasquatch options.

Most everything else is cosmetic or taste - little things like sill plates, grill lettering, leather for the steering wheel, etc. I never planned to add fog lights or anything else that would use AUX switches, so no temptation there.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have an absolute base - 2.3L manual 2D with the only "options" being floor mats (and in hindsight, I should have skipped the cargo rug and went with the rubberized one).

With the money saved, you can pretty much do whatever you want other than lockers and some of the gadgets that the higher trim models offer. I thought I'd be immediately getting leather seats ($1700) and new 17" wheels and upgrading the bumper, but it's actually all good as-is. Well, with a swap from factory tires to 285/75/R16 tires. You could go to 35" wheels and tires and a lift and you're still well below what you would pay for the Big Bend or the Sasquatch options.

Most everything else is cosmetic or taste - little things like sill plates, grill lettering, leather for the steering wheel, etc. I never planned to add fog lights or anything else that would use AUX switches, so no temptation there.
You're the first person I seen that actually bought the Heritage Edition. Congrats.
Sponsored