Sponsored

Base Bronco comes Standard with Heated Seats? Not anymore.

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you go to the actual order page, it says it comes with heated front seats (hence the picture in my original post). It also now says in Build & Price that the heated cloth seats come standard. So, nobody knows definitively until we hear from a Bronco Rep. I’m assuming you’re right, and it’s a typo. But as with everything during this launch, there’s a possibility.
Colby, I just checked build and price for the Base as well, and it says the front seats are heated for both the base Base and the sasquatched Base.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Colby, I just checked build and price for the Base as well, and it says the front seats are heated for both the base Base and the sasquatched Base.
Glad others are seeing the same thing! I’m hoping it’s not just a mistake on Fords part, especially this late into the Bronco release.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Aftermarket seat heating panels and switching start around $300 for seemingly decent ones.
It been awhile since I researched them.
I have a few friends that have installed them.
They said it was simple, and considering I am far more mechanically inclined than they are ...

But if they are now standard, God that would be such a HUGE benefit for my Base.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So all Broncos come with heated seats? That sucks. I live on Maui and will never have a use for them what so ever. So I have one more electrical thing to cause me problems in 10 years or so. Lame.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck in getting an answer to this - I have been trying since Dec of 2020 - and the updated B & P in May of 2021 even extended standard heated seats to more Bronco editions and seat colors:

Dec 18, 2020

In reviewing the cloth seat options for all the trim models, the B & P includes "Front Row Heated Bucket Seats" with no additional charge, with no requirement of getting the leather for the Outer Banks, which with the included Mid Package already has the heat, and with no requirement of getting the Mid Package for the Big Bend. The applicable cloth seat selection for the Big Bend is the "Medium Sandstone" and both the "Navy Pier" and the "Roast with Black Onyx" cloth seat selections apply for the Outer Banks. I am thinking that since the Black Onyx, with no heat, is the most common cloth seat, and given the premium paid to get the Big Bend and the Outer Banks, maybe Ford wanted to offer different colors of cloth seat options, and include the heat with them, to try to justify the purchase prices. For whatever reason heat is included, it is still on B & P (and is hopefully not a glitch and will stay on B & P).

Sponsored
OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good luck in getting an answer to this - I have been trying since Dec of 2020 - and the updated B & P in May of 2021 even extended standard heated seats to more Bronco editions and seat colors:

Dec 18, 2020

In reviewing the cloth seat options for all the trim models, the B & P includes "Front Row Heated Bucket Seats" with no additional charge, with no requirement of getting the leather for the Outer Banks, which with the included Mid Package already has the heat, and with no requirement of getting the Mid Package for the Big Bend. The applicable cloth seat selection for the Big Bend is the "Medium Sandstone" and both the "Navy Pier" and the "Roast with Black Onyx" cloth seat selections apply for the Outer Banks. I am thinking that since the Black Onyx, with no heat, is the most common cloth seat, and given the premium paid to get the Big Bend and the Outer Banks, maybe Ford wanted to offer different colors of cloth seat options, and include the heat with them, to try to justify the purchase prices. For whatever reason heat is included, it is still on B & P (and is hopefully not a glitch and will stay on B & P).
Has anyone reached out to Ford, or @mrlevine on Twitter? I wish we could get a clear answer on this.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Know why the base gets heated seats? because you're gonna freeze your ass off when the only thing you can get is a soft top. :-D
You've obviously never been in a soft-top Jeep. Those things stay toasty warm! I actually prefer the soft-top over the hard-top. More head room, and easier to take off.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You've obviously never been in a soft-top Jeep. Those things stay toasty warm! I actually prefer the soft-top over the hard-top. More head room, and easier to take off.
I was being snarky and getting my frustrations out over the softtop debacle. nothing to see here :)

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was being snarky and getting my frustrations out over the softtop debacle. nothing to see here :)
Ahh, I see. The soft-top isn't bad though! If you're on the fence about switching, I definitely would to get your Bronco earlier. That's how I got scheduled.

Sponsored

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ahh, I see. The soft-top isn't bad though! If you're on the fence about switching, I definitely would to get your Bronco earlier. That's how I got scheduled.
Sadly, I'm in arizona, and no manufacturer has ever figured out how to make a canvas top that can survive more than about 3-4 arizona summers.

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sadly, I'm in arizona, and no manufacturer has ever figured out how to make a canvas top that can survive more than about 3-4 arizona summers.
I'll be in Colorado, so hoping the soft-top can at least handle a couple inches of snow. And if it goes bad in a few years, I'll just purchase a hard top. Only thing is I'll be missing the connections for the rear wiper.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll be in Colorado, so hoping the soft-top can at least handle a couple inches of snow. And if it goes bad in a few years, I'll just purchase a hard top. Only thing is I'll be missing the connections for the rear wiper.
If you've seen the 6" rear wiper you would realize you aren't missing much.

Last edited:

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm assuming this is a glitch. However, when doing the B&P months ago on my BB I (think) I noticed that the Black/Gray seats did not show heated and the Sandstone showed heated. Again I assumed it was a glitch, but now I see heated seats are shown with both Black and Sandstone, so maybe there is something to it???

OP
OP
ColbyFromBama

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you've seen the 6" rear wiper you would rwlaize you aren't missing much.
Ford Bronco Base Bronco comes Standard with Heated Seats? Not anymore. AEC00DF7-C4FC-41D2-87B3-C59F8625CA0B

That’s what’s I keep telling myself. I think the rear-defroster is the only thing I’ll miss. And even then... I think I can find a way to wire that. Especially since I’m getting the Aux switches and pre-wiring.
Sponsored