Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i was able to get a tiny rub on a full left turn under some power it was minor seems to be the left wheel just touching the sway bar which is round and thick steel so no real issues... it does work but i do understand why ford used a 30 offset on the sas rim...im happy with it and won't change anything ..i did test it making some sharp turns and hitting curbs while turning with no rub...for an economy wheel package not a bad choice
Thanks for taking the time to address all our concerns..... this is unreal!!!

Looks like the C rated 285/75-17s (33.8") I've been drooling after are a go!!!
Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
That AZ sun with no humidity makes Rapid Red look very different!

I would not have guessed that was Rapid Red based on all the pics posted here and having seen one in person (not in Arizona).

goes to show you really have to see some of these colors in person to know what you’re getting.
True story, I've seen some videos where the Rapid Red looks orange.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what offset wheel is required for a 285/75-17? What size wheel, 17x9?
Well, it's a smaller tire than the 315 installed in post #1, which is on presumably(most likely)+55 factory Ranger wheels.

Also, the Badlands 285 is on +55 wheels, so there's that also.
Surprisingly, wheel width is far less of a concern than the offset when discussing how wide a tire will fit.

Sponsored

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These wheels and tires look great. While I hear what the OP is saying about the minor rubbing issue not being a problem for a lot of folks, it would be a problem for me.

If these wheels were +30 (or even better, +18), I'd be all over this. So here's my question, and you know...jump all over me for being a neophyte. Are there other factory Ford wheels that might work?

I poked around the Ranger forum, but it looks like there is only one suspension setup so there is only one factory wheel offset. There does seem to be 17" and 18" wheels but not less offset.

I went to the F150 site but that looked like a lot of 20" rims.

This idea makes a lot of sense because
  • they look great
  • they would have factory offset
  • they are dirt cheap since people are just trying to get rid of factory stuff.

So are there any known Ford "factory" wheels that are in the +30 to +18mm offset range?

OP
OP
M Redwood

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, it's a smaller tire than the 315 installed in post #1, which is on presumably(most likely)+55 factory Ranger wheels.

Surprisingly, wheel width is far less of a concern than the offset when discussing how wide a tire will fit.
I just checked a wildfrack at dealer waiting for tint to go on the +30
These wheels and tires look great. While I hear what the OP is saying about the minor rubbing issue not being a problem for a lot of folks, it would be a problem for me.

If these wheels were +30 (or even better, +18), I'd be all over this. So here's my question, and you know...jump all over me for being a neophyte. Are there other factory Ford wheels that might work?

I poked around the Ranger forum, but it looks like there is only one suspension setup so there is only one factory wheel offset. There does seem to be 17" and 18" wheels but not less offset.

I went to the F150 site but that looked like a lot of 20" rims.

This idea makes a lot of sense because
  • they look great
  • they would have factory offset
  • they are dirt cheap since people are just trying to get rid of factory stuff.

So are there any known Ford "factory" wheels that are in the +30 to +18mm offset range?
I think the only hope is sas buyers upgrading theirs and reselling. If you dont mind 1inch spacers on front axle would solve the issues
In a budget way otherwise 1200 or more for most ...my style of off road works for this as I use 4wd mostly for snow and mud in Az mtns...

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just checked a wildfrack at dealer waiting for tint to go on the +30

I think the only hope is sas buyers upgrading theirs and reselling. If you dont mind 1inch spacers on front axle would solve the issues
In a budget way otherwise 1200 or more for most ...my style of off road works for this as I use 4wd mostly for snow and mud in Az mtns...
I like this answer. I have wheels ordered with zero offset. But I don't love them. They are backordered and much like people re-thinking their color choices, I am starting to second guess the look of them.

When I saw these Ranger wheels, I really liked this "factory" look. I forgot about spacers. I have run them in the past with no issues. I think I would rather have wheels that line up on their own, but spacers work fine. I'd consider running those same wheels you have with spacers.

Thanks for the reply.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Width is still a concern due to backspace. Once I start comparing different width wheels, I also want to know the backspace if I'm concerned about clearing the UCAs.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey OP, did you have any issue fitting the 35 under the third brake light on the tailgate? A few on here suggested the brake light wasn't adjustable and that there was a base setup and a different one for the sasquatch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
M Redwood

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey OP, did you have any issue fitting the 35 under the third brake light on the tailgate? A few on here suggested the brake light wasn't adjustable and that there was a base setup and a different one for the sasquatch.
Spare is 285 75 17 so fit

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks fantastic. I just can’t shake the vibe I get from the pics. It’s 1995, and someone just drove up in a really nice G1 Bronco with modern aluminum rims. I know the rims are modern Ranger, and it’s a 6G, but that’s the feeling I get from it. No disrespect intended. I like it.

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@M Redwood how has this been going 1 month in? I have someone wanting to buy my tires from my black diamond (17x7.5, +55) and I really like the rims. Looking for the biggest I can run that will fit on the stock BD rim. Will need to fit w/o a lift. Planning on putting coilover lift on in the spring when there are more options availible. Was thinking of running a 35x10.5r17 Kenda. Do you think being an inch narrower it would fit without the rubbing you saw or is that rubbing coming from the height of the tire?

Thanks! Yours looks great!

OP
OP
M Redwood

M Redwood

Big Bend
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB,BASE
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@M Redwood how has this been going 1 month in? I have someone wanting to buy my tires from my black diamond (17x7.5, +55) and I really like the rims. Looking for the biggest I can run that will fit on the stock BD rim. Will need to fit w/o a lift. Planning on putting coilover lift on in the spring when there are more options availible. Was thinking of running a 35x10.5r17 Kenda. Do you think being an inch narrower it would fit without the rubbing you saw or is that rubbing coming from the height of the tire?

Thanks! Yours looks great!
I think that will fit perfect no lift needed an extreme minor rub was on the inside round sway bar which is just at extreme full turn but your 10.5 should not rub and will fit those rims as my 12.5 are on 8 inch rims...rub is width not height so a front spacer will also eliminate it...by the way I found the rear crash bar does not need to be removed the tires wont hit it...but front crash bar you may have to remove ...and also if your gonna wheel it extreme ,maybe consider a lift or go 33 but regular forest off road fine with 35s over medium sized rocks/ruts

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the response @M Redwood. I am going to do a coil over lift but I am waiting to see what options come out over the next couple months. The 4WP non reservoir shocks are pretty spendy for what they are. Want to see what comes out from Fox and Bilstien. Even King reservoir shocks are only $150/pair more than the 4WP ones but I don't plan on driving aggressively enough to need the reservoir. Although the king shock color scheme would go great with the black rims and VB Bronco.
Sponsored