Sponsored

Base Bronco - is Ford building more higher trims first?

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All,

I have had a 2-door BD on order for awhile now, but my heart has been with a base Base from the beginning. However, I like quite a few features the Black Diamond offers. I know no one can really answer this, but maybe people with some insight on the matter….

Is Ford building more higher trims? Well, I guess I’m asking, will switching to a base Base prolong my wait?
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been told the opposite, and know of a few baseSquatches that were quickly scheduled despite including 'deadly sin' options.

That said, I don't know that switching from BD to base will help much. Suspect 2-door will be the hurdle, along with your dealer's available allocation.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The exact opposite, base/bend schedule fastest (less chips). That's about 1% of it though, the other 99% is 2DR/MIC top are still unicorns built only on blue moons when the earth aligns with Venus and Pluto at the same time.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've been told the opposite, and know of a few baseSquatches that were quickly scheduled despite including 'deadly sin' options.

That said, I don't know that switching from BD to base will help much. Suspect 2-door will be the hurdle, along with your dealer's available allocation.
🤔 I know the 2-door is killing me. 😅 I guess I really need to decide. I’m not leaving the 2-door camp though. 😬

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The exact opposite, base/bend schedule fastest (less chips). That's about 1% of it though, the other 99% is 2DR/MIC top are still unicorns built only on blue moons when the earth aligns with Venus and Pluto at the same time.
I’m not sure they are ever going to align. 😞

Sponsored

ocbucks1

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello All,

I have had a 2-door BD on order for awhile now, but my heart has been with a base Base from the beginning. However, I like quite a few features the Black Diamond offers. I know no one can really answer this, but maybe people with some insight on the matter….

Is Ford building more higher trims? Well, I guess I’m asking, will switching to a base Base prolong my wait?
I don’t think that factors now. Dealer allocation is the driving factor ini the order. It’s true there are not as many base orders and maybe very few. If they were trying to maximize revenue that might be a strategy. Certainly has be done before. But now I think it is of little advantage to Ford. There are too many other factors.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you haven’t emailed Raoul Duke directly at the MAP about your order then it hasn’t been placed yet.

Caseoftexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2 doors are rare. Unless your a very early res holder, you will be waiting a very long time.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m testing this theory as I have a base and a BD ordered (both 2 door).

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I strongly suspect the answer would be NO.

Lux or High might be hold ups on other trims, as is the v6.
BUt a basic Base or Black Diamond, I believe, would stand equal chance of getting built.

My guess is... the strongest hold up will be the MIC required for the 2dr. Followed by dealer allocation.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
🤔 I know the 2-door is killing me. 😅 I guess I really need to decide. I’m not leaving the 2-door camp though. 😬
Stick with 2 door.

30274E97-8DB3-4DE7-88E6-70B9A6C956EA.jpeg