Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello,

I started with the stock size of 30s on my Bronco and I hated it. Upgraded wheels 30's to 33's from a Badlands take off. Currently on 3.73 Gears on 2.3L, runs perfectly fine, no problem even took it off roading with zero issues. Now I want to move up to 35s, anyone in this form upgraded there base to 35's and how does it run for you? Let me know
Sponsored

freebob

Base
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put my wifes 4 door 2.7 bronco base on 33s and the mileage stayed at 21/22 per gallon.Put my stock sas rims on it . The milage went down to 14. Didnt seem to make much difference in ride or power.Maybe a little slower...

OP
OP
refade1

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
I put my wifes 4 door 2.7 bronco base on 33s and the mileage stayed at 21/22 per gallon.Put my stock sas rims on it . The milage went down to 14. Didnt seem to make much difference in ride or power.Maybe a little slower...
I can see why, I can only imagine on my 2.3L.
Ford Bronco Base Bronco Non Sas 3.73 Gear On 35s Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 6.42.25 PM

goatman2

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gandgautorepair.com
Vehicle(s)
F450, Jeep XJ, Porsche 911, 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Age old question with Jeeps. Problem with asking this on the internet is people have different standards and expectations. For one person it's "ok" and for another person it sucks donkey balls. Reality is most people with Jeeps who go that big a tire difference also regear, and while they're at it they add lockers. Break out the VISA card, it's part of the deal. One reason it makes sense to go with a BD or BL from the get go.

Scooter2

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F250 Tremor / 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Age old question with Jeeps. Problem with asking this on the internet is people have different standards and expectations. For one person it's "ok" and for another person it sucks donkey balls. Reality is most people with Jeeps who go that big a tire difference also regear, and while they're at it they add lockers. Break out the VISA card, it's part of the deal. One reason it makes sense to go with a BD or BL from the get go.

This ^.
Jeep JL on 35's - re-geared to 4.56 - great for the street and trail - not a dog to drive. If your Hardcore trail then 5.13 would be my choice.

Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,

I started with the stock size of 30s on my Bronco and I hated it. Upgraded wheels 30's to 33's from a Badlands take off. Currently on 3.73 Gears on 2.3L, runs perfectly fine, no problem even took it off roading with zero issues. Now I want to move up to 35s, anyone in this form upgraded there base to 35's and how does it run for you? Let me know
I think it depends on your off roading. Are you talking logging roads or something more intense? Putting 35s on those smaller axles and gears is fine for street driving but anything more than logging roads and your a driving mistake away from being broke down in the middle of no where.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
refade1

refade1

Base
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like i should probably just stick to my 33's maybe, ill give it a slight lift 1- 1.5 inches. I would have to replace a lot of parts. Only good thing is I can sell a good majority of it.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Interesting that an auto BD starts out in the "red" region.

These charts are 50+ years old and for 1:1 final drive ratio and usually V8s. Using a gear calculator like the one on grimmjeeper is the only way to really look at gear ratios and engine rpms for your application.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
These charts are 50+ years old and for 1:1 final drive ratio and usually V8s. Using a gear calculator like the one on grimmjeeper is the only way to really look at gear ratios and engine rpms for your application.
Oh yeah I realize. We have like 2-3 additional OD gears.

Roadbronc

Big Bend
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Toyota Echo, 2014 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree completely on the out of date chart. A chart like that never considered small turbos vice the more typical V8s back in the day.
Sponsored