Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got my wheels and tires mounted! Method Race Wheels 701's 17x8.5 0 offset with 285/70R17 BFG KO2's. A couple things to know if they haven't been said already.

Hub rings for the wheels. The hub size was not near a common as I thought it was going to be. The Bronco axle hub is 93.1mm and the wheels are 106.2mm. I found them here. Hub Rings / Spigot Rings for Wheels from USA $6.25 / pcs - HubCentric-Rings.com

TPMS are quite expensive from the dealership, about $90 a piece. I ordered 5 of these sensors, Ford Huf Intellisens TPMS Sensor F2GZ-1A189-A 315Mhz . The dealer was not able to calibrate their positions or learn them, However upon purchasing I shared my vin and they came pre calibrated. After a couple miles my Bronco picked them up and they work fine. I will need to purchase the aftermarket relearn tool to properly position the sensors.

The tires did interfere with the rear crash bars. If your mounting 33" to factory wheels, I don't thing you'll have any issues, my interference came from the 0 offset from the new wheels. It was really easy to remove the rear crash bars and I left the front ones in place.

MY CURRENT ISSUE!
If anyone knows what to do about this please let me know. The speedo is now quite off which also effects mileage and mpg. The dealer is not allowed to reprogram the tires. does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Overall, I'm loving the look!

UPDATED COMMENTS!!!!!
Its a base non-SQ with 2.7 and 3.73 gearing. The acceleration with factory 30" tires was amazing, it pulled really hard. Going to the 33" tire, it was noticeable that I lost a bit of that holeshot but it still pulls really well. If I go with a taller tire, I will look to re-gear the diffs.

I did not transfer sensors because I like to have a winter/summer set of wheels and tires.

Q&A:

Appreciate the pic share. Wheel upgrade immediately makes the base look better. I have never heard of hub rings. What exactly is their purpose, and are they necessary or nice-to-have?
Ford used hubcentric wheels to center the wheel on the hub when tightening the lugs. Best case is to find wheels that have the same hub bore. If you can't, get some hub rings to re-correct the wheel centering. Its basically a plastic ring that fits inside the wheel hub bore.

They are not required but I wouldn't consider not having them. If your not really, really careful mounting your wheels without them, you can tighten them down off center and they can also become loose over time.

Does it feel noticeably sluggish now, because of the gearing and the 33s?

Looks great, and I love the bronze wheels!
Uhhh Not really. Noticeable yes but not sluggish. I optioned the 2.7 so its torque kicks in really fast and it had plenty of power. Also the factory 30"s with the 2.7 was really really quick. If anything I'd say its really well balanced now. I think going above 33"s will need regearing.... if you want to keep a proper power band for off roading.

Quick question. I am thinking about the same wheels but for a non-SQ Badlands. What do I need to do and buy besides wheels?

P.S. I have never changed wheels on my cars before :-/
I think that you could follow the same path I did and you'll be good. Just read up of offsets. I have 0 offset and factory is +55. So my wheels are effectivly 55mm pushed out beyond factory + a wider rim so add in a couple more. Pushing out the wheels can affect turning dynamics, which is why I had to removed the rear crash bars.

If you do some thing between 55 and 30ish in positive offset, you should need to do anything.

Nice setup I love the white letter bfg a/t,s and the bronze wheels.
I will probably put a very similar setup on my rapid red base.
Did you use a lift or leveling kit?
No lift and no level. Base but the wheels

NOICE! ....

we have people who have mounted the same tires on 17X9 +30 offset rims on a OBX who report ZERO interference!! Now, you have installed wheels 17X8.5 with a 0 offset which places the rims further out but you say they interfered with the rear crash bars!! Why? what is different? can't wrap my head around it!
Uhh its kinda hard to describe without pictures. So think about the swing arch of turning the wheel L&R. As you push the wheel outward that swing arch diameter increases, which is causing the interference.

2021-07-23_14-17-51.png

Nice set up. What did the overall cost run you if you dont mind sharing?
about $2,900

Stock:

Ford Bronco Base Bronco on 33" KO2 tires & 17" Method 701 wheels Base Bronco on 33%22 KO2 & 17%22 Method 701 wheels 2

Now:

Ford Bronco Base Bronco on 33" KO2 tires & 17" Method 701 wheels Base Bronco on 33%22 KO2 & 17%22 Method 701 wheels 6

Ford Bronco Base Bronco on 33" KO2 tires & 17" Method 701 wheels Base Bronco on 33%22 KO2 & 17%22 Method 701 wheels 4

Ford Bronco Base Bronco on 33" KO2 tires & 17" Method 701 wheels Base Bronco on 33%22 KO2 & 17%22 Method 701 wheels 3

Ford Bronco Base Bronco on 33" KO2 tires & 17" Method 701 wheels Base Bronco on 33%22 KO2 & 17%22 Method 701 wheels 1

Ford Bronco Base Bronco on 33" KO2 tires & 17" Method 701 wheels Base Bronco on 33%22 KO2 & 17%22 Method 701 wheels 5

img_3988-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never been a fan of the base steelies, that setup looks great. Love the bronze against carbonized grey.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good. Any rubbing issues at full lock or when hitting a speed bump?

And this has me a bit concerned:

The dealer is not allowed to reprogram the tires. does anyone know how I can fix this issue?
So for a vehicle that is made to be modded and off-roaded the dealer won't change the tire size settings? This makes absolutely no sense. I never had to reprogram any of my Fords but on my Jeep with a $100 OBD module I am able to plug in and change tire sizes (and a bunch of other settings) myself. Has anybody made any progress with FORScan?

Bronco55

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion, 2007 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just got my wheels and tires mounted! Method Race Wheels 701's 17x8.5 0 offset with 285/70R17 BFG KO2's. A couple things to know if they haven't been said already.

Hub rings for the wheels. The hub size was not near a common as I thought it was going to be. The Bronco axle hub is 93.1mm and the wheels are 106.2mm. I found them here. Hub Rings / Spigot Rings for Wheels from USA $6.25 / pcs - HubCentric-Rings.com

TPMS are quite expensive from the dealership, about $90 a piece. I ordered 5 of these sensors, Ford Huf Intellisens TPMS Sensor F2GZ-1A189-A 315Mhz . The dealer was not able to calibrate their positions or learn them, However upon purchasing I shared my vin and they came pre calibrated. After a couple miles my Bronco picked them up and they work fine. I will need to purchase the aftermarket relearn tool to properly position the sensors.

The tires did interfere with the rear crash bars. If your mounting 33" to factory wheels, I don't thing you'll have any issues, my interference came from the 0 offset from the new wheels. It was really easy to remove the rear crash bars and I left the front ones in place.

MY CURRENT ISSUE!
If anyone knows what to do about this please let me know. The speedo is now quite off which also effects mileage and mpg. The dealer is not allowed to reprogram the tires. does anyone know how I can fix this issue?

Overall, I'm loving the look!

View attachment 146797
love this look too. When I get my Base 4dr (if I ever get it, stuck in production 7/13) I am mounting 17" black steelies with the same +55 offset as the stock wheels. They are actually Ranger OEM wheels and I am wrapping the BFG KO2s on them as well, same size and RWL.

I am back and forth right now on if I want the white showing or if I want the black. I bought the white to have an option before putting them on. Definitely liking how the white looks though so I am leaning that way!

Question: you didn't want to see if the tire installer would swap you TPMS monitors out of the stock wheels or is that not possible? That is what I was planning to do to save money on buying new monitors...

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Congratulations.

I ordered mine BaseSquatch, 4 Door AMB, MIC, 2.3L just this week. Excited to see how your Base looks. I know I will not be getting mine any time soon, but its totally worth the wait while looking at other's Broncos and dreaming about mine:)

Sponsored

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Appreciate the pic share. Wheel upgrade immediately makes the base look better. I have never heard of hub rings. What exactly is their purpose, and are they necessary or nice-to-have?

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow what a difference! The stock steelies look like a damn toy.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a great looking rig now. Excellent choices made.
Good, planted and fun-loving stance, especially with the doors off/top down.
Got me wanting to go to a simpler build just by this alone!

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
- 106.2mm is a the hub size for a Toyota. In due time, wheels will be made for 93.1mm
- The Bronze wheels look great
- TMPS can be had for much cheaper

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the no fuss TPMS solution.

If Forscan is working it usually allows you to select any available factory tire size, which the BL has you covered. I want to say I think SCT handheld might also be able to do it but I might be remembering wrong.

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forscan is the right tool to do the speedo reprogramming. I have used it on my mustang and its commonly used on the other ford trucks. Looks great with the zero offset, I was afraid of zero offset sticking out too far.

Tiresmoke410

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco, 16 F250, 66 F250, 68 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Your dealer will not refresh for bigger tires. I'd call around. Someone will do it. Otherwise wait for forscan. It is free and take a couple minutes once someone figures out how to do it.

By the way. Truck looks great.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Question: you didn't want to see if the tire installer would swap you TPMS monitors out of the stock wheels or is that not possible? That is what I was planning to do to save money on buying new monitors...
On older Fords, they cant be re-used
Sponsored