First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my Base Bronco a couple of months ago for $30,555. I thought it was a great "Price Hack", meaning it was priced less than it should be. Now the Base Maverick is just about to come out and I am stunned by how much lower it its than it should be. Would I buy a Maverick instead of a Bronco if I had to do it over again? I will go over the different use cases for each vehicle, configure the Maverick the way I would want it, and then answer the question: Base Bronco... or Base Maverick? NOTE: In this video, I use Ford Build and Price for both vehicles as of Sept 27, 2021.

Sponsored

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I got my Base Bronco a couple of months ago for $30,555. I thought it was a great "Price Hack", meaning it was priced less than it should be. Now the Base Maverick is just about to come out and I am stunned by how much lower it its than it should be. Would I buy a Maverick instead of a Bronco if I had to do it over again? I will go over the different use cases for each vehicle, configure the Maverick the way I would want it, and then answer the question: Base Bronco... or Base Maverick? NOTE: In this video, I use Ford Build and Price for both vehicles as of Sept 27, 2021.

If I went straight Base 4DR, I think the Base Maverick with 2.0 and tow package would look like a really nice option. I know I'm not going to off-road more than crappy roads and would like to have a truck bed regardless of how small. But I went Base SAS just in case I really start to off-road. Maybe it will wear-off by the time the Mavericks hit the lot and I play the trade in game??? Heck, I may just trade mine in for a non-Sasquatch model. Time will tell!!

I'm sure there will be a leveling kit or small lift option where a little larger tire will fit like there is for the Sport. I haven't been following the Maverick forum, but I'm sure the info is already in there.

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's like asking what color you should order. It's a personal choice and depends upon your use. I get the impression for you It's not such about your needs as it is the challenge of negotiating. I've met people that had to buy a new car every 6 months. To each their own.​

Sponsored

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd buy an AWD Maverick if Ford would put a stick shift it in. But since they won't, I guess I'll just have to wait for them to eventually build my Bronco.
Sounds like you want a Tacoma

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You're comparing a fwd hybrid pickup with a 2dr 4x4 with almost no cargo space?

What's next, a transit long and tall vs a mustang GT?

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree and a “base” maverick is front wheel drive. I’m not trying to be an asshole but this is such an absurd question. A better question would be a bronco vs a bronco sport. The bronco is a niche vehicle whether for the mall crawling imagine crowd or the off road enthusiast. A maverick is designed for people who think they want a truck but only need a car with an open trunk.

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sure, it’s a great price hack just like the base anything is.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you like heavy metal, hot babes, and beer - get a Bronco. If you like wine coolers and the Jonas Brothers get a Maverick.
Heavy metal is terrible and I swing the other way. But I got a Bronco. Sorry to ruin your dumb club!

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Heavy metal is terrible and I swing the other way. But I got a Bronco. Sorry to ruin your dumb club!
Well congrats but not cool to call someone else’s club “dumb” I guess you are one of those “tolerant” types. Enjoy the wine coolers and dance raves :)

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any more videos on the rig and how you're liking it? 🙂 Any trail videos or?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well congrats but not cool to call someone else’s club “dumb” I guess you are one of those “tolerant” types. Enjoy the wine coolers and dance raves :)
Yeah, it’s pretty dumb to imply that Broncos are for people who like “hot babes” and Bronco Sports are for people who like wine coolers. Not sure how I’m the intolerant one for pointing that out.
Sponsored