First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, looking at the interior pictures of the base Bronco... the are no grab bars. Anyone know if these can be purchased from Ford. Might be a niche product for an aftermarket manufacturer too.
I’m gonna wait to see who makes some aftermarket options. Stock ones don’t look that good anyway
Sponsored

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I like the base. Considering switching order from fully loaded Badlands to zero option base and saving $30k. I can pay cash and sell my trade and pocket enough cash to pay for gas and insurance for 2 years on it.

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's amazing how soft some buyers are. The Base would have been considered pretty loaded 8 years ago.
It has “good stuff!” AC Heat, power windows, heated mirrors, Phone hook up, Stereo, Sasquatch: lockers,
Bigger axles, tires, 1900$ to upgrade to a V6, none of that lane control fluff! Thats Luxury IMO! All for 40k
Im confused?

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been all over the Ford ordering website playing with differant models and options and final.prices. I noticed on the base if you order the Squatch model and overheard consol light switches. Theres really not much else in the way of goodies to get. Like heated steering wheel, seats, front and rear sensors, better radio, nav, etc. You guys know. ALL THE GOOD STUFF. Not even the rear hitch. Anyway, as the ordering date draws closer, I need to figure out what I want, how much to spend. I am going definite 2 door. Have any of you fellas figured out exactly what you want yet? I keep changing my mind every hour 😂. I am just curious.
My original order was for a BL/Lux. I spent hours and hours on the B&P and changed my order many times. But, I decided that I did not want to spend all that money on off-road capabilities that I will never use. I would have gotten the Base, but chose the BB because I wanted the Mid package, at a minimum. Good luck with your decision!

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has “good stuff!” AC Heat, power windows, heated mirrors, Phone hook up, Stereo, Sasquatch: lockers,
Bigger axles, tires, 1900$ to upgrade to a V6, none of that lane control fluff! Thats Luxury IMO! All for 40k
Im confused?
It was 2 degrees here yesterday, I would happily give up power windows, heated mirrors, phone hook up, and throw-out the goat modes for some heated heats. In fact I'd pay extra for a more simplified engine/drivetrain platform.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had initially ordered a Base 2dr. My wife screamed it into a 4 dr and from there I went ahead and ordered a Black Diamond. My first demo/test drive was in a Badlands and then upped the options even more.

Then I spent a few months reading the forums and went back to place my order in October and a lot of the issues brought to light were sticking out to me. I test drove a Big Bend this time.

Placed an order for a BaseSquatch for MY22.

Kept debating going back and forth between that and the BD.

Eventually I went back and grabbed the Big Bend again for a drive and came away knowing the BaseSquatch was the correct choice.

For me - no matter the trim level you throw at it - it does not fix the shortcomings of the vehicle. Which to me can be "endearing" in base form or infuriating in an upper model that touches or crests $50k.

Still for BaseSquatch plus Aux Switches and HD bumper my OTD price is going to be north of $45k. Spending more didn't make sense to me.

EDIT: Really wish a leather wrapped steering wheel came standard as it is the primary touch point for the vehicle. Otherwise - I'm good.

Last edited:

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
I went back and forth between a Base and Big Bend. The only thing I decided I would REALLY miss going Base were the heated seats. So, for less than $100 from Amazon, I'll be installing some aftermarket heaters and wiring them to the aux switches. I've added them before to an older Explorer with great results.

69351windsor

Base
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Merc, Ranger, HD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basesquatch IS a great deal. I've priced out all kinds of builds to achieve an "aftermarket" squatch using the base & it is never easy or cheaper.
I'd rather start driving it anyway instead of spending weeks on the lift. But wait ---This of course assumes I'll ever even see the damn thing......don't get me started.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If ya don’t plan any serious off roading there is no need for the Sasquatch package and maybe some of the “marketing for dollars“ trims make some sense but the base Sasquatch is the real bargain! While some of upper options might be nice Ford has really made them overly expensive...most can be had in the aftermarket for way less. I’m going base, 2dr, Sasquatch, 2.7, bumper and will add rock rails, stereo, bash plates...for way less than the extra $12k of a high package badlands Sasquatch. I do wish there was “low package” that added blind spot/cross traffic to the base but it is no deal breaker...really miss the old days of ordering options separately...

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

It was 2 degrees here yesterday, I would happily give up power windows, heated mirrors, phone hook up, and throw-out the goat modes for some heated heats. In fact I'd pay extra for a more simplified engine/drivetrain platform.
you know the base has remote start and will automatically start the heater for you when its below 52 degrees?

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
you know the base has remote start and will automatically start the heater for you when its below 52 degrees?
I heard that it could be started from your phone, however I thought you needed some Ford plan subscription. Haven't looked at it that much, because I'd never pay the extra cash to get a model to option heated seats.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I heard that it could be started from your phone, however I thought you needed some Ford plan subscription. Haven't looked at it that much, because I'd never pay the extra cash to get a model to option heated seats.
no paid subscription needed. I have it, works great, you can set how long it runs, unlock the doors, set a scheduled start/stop to keep the oil circulated if you like (or to keep things from freezing up). Also has alerts for someone opening your doors, tire-pressure, etc.. all on your phone.
Sponsored