First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, been doing that for 2 years now. If you want to do serious off-roading, 1). Crawl over big rocks, or 2). drive over rally courses very, very fast?
1). Badlands
2). Wildtrack.

Oh, Base? I ordered Auto as my only option. What am I eventually going to add?

I ordered Base Velocity Blue with Auto as only option. I will be adding as below as I really badly wanted a Badlands (And, there is a MY22 in my future.

Falken P285/70R17 Tire, Wildpeak A/T3W 28034306 Beat out Nitto G2's by a thin margin.$228.00 each$1,140.004wheelparts
Pro Comp 69 Series Vintage Wheel, 17x9 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern Flat Black 7069 7983$122.99 each$614.954wheelparts
I have found the HOSS suspension from an upgrader. and will be adding the badlands shocks and control arms.$1000bronco epic
Steel Full Body Bash Plate For Vehicles with Modular Front Bumper, For 2 Door$695.00Accessories.ford
Step Bars Tube Steps, 2 Door$595.00Accessories.ford
Ford Custom Graphics Hood Cowl/Stripes, Retro Design by Visco$299.00Accessories.ford
Tailgate Folding Table Table for Swing Gate, Rear$209.00Accessories.ford
Stealth Sleep Package for Ford Bronco 2021 Present 6th Gen 2 Door$995.00Goose-gear
Total adds to Base Bronco$4,947.94need to add 601 to these after Hoss update.
Total adds to Base Bronco minus non-Badland items$2,849.94
Total adds to Base Bronco minus frou-frou crap$3,444.94
(Graphics, Tailgate table,Sleep Package.)
Steve. WOW! your very detail oriented. Thanks, I like that Velocity Blue myself and Race Red like I had on my Mustang GT. The only rock crawling for me will be stray pebbles on the road. I like how you outfitted it. đź‘Ť plenty of good replies posted on folks wants & needs for the Broncos ordered / or going to order.
Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Steve. WOW! your very detail oriented. Thanks, I like that Velocity Blue myself and Race Red like I had on my Mustang GT. The only rock crawling for me will be stray pebbles on the road. I like how you outfitted it. đź‘Ť plenty of good replies posted on folks wants & needs for the Broncos ordered / or going to order.
Welcome. I am an OCD cheapskate, so that's the best tire/wheel combo to get a 33" (okay, 32.8") wheel set, but you can do 32's on the original 16 Base steelies by going 285/75r16s. Falken still the best bang for the buck, but I have always run Nitto Grappler G2s. The score was finding the HOSS Bilstein shocks. I saw a set on eBay just now.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's amazing how soft some buyers are. The Base would have been considered pretty loaded 8 years ago.
Heard that. Pretty amazing ride for under 30k. You get all the engineering and no junk. I would love to have seen some 33s and the HOSS suspension, but managing that in the afterlife so nothing missed there. I am an old fart, so I am missing the cameras. Selling my house in the ridiculous Covid real estate market, so will likely buy a maxed out Badlands/Wildtrack when the day comes.

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Welcome. I am an OCD cheapskate, so that's the best tire/wheel combo to get a 33" (okay, 32.8") wheel set, but you can do 32's on the original 16 Base steelies by going 285/75r16s. Falken still the best bang for the buck, but I have always run Nitto Grappler G2s. The score was finding the HOSS Bilstein shocks. I saw a set on eBay just now.
Steve, old fart here to. Just a comment. For the tires and wheels and few other things your doing, shocks etc. Your just about at the Sasquatch price. And letting Ford do all the bull work. My humble 2 cents. As I also thought of running the 32's on the steelies and getting them powdercoated. I just did the powdercoating on the rims of my wifes RR to. Thanks for all your comments.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing to add except your ass in the seat. $40K for a Base SAS , what a deal. If only Ford put heated seats in the base I would get two. One for me and one for the wife. BTW, before you smart guys reply, the heated seats are for her. Lol

Sponsored

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, been doing that for 2 years now. If you want to do serious off-roading, 1). Crawl over big rocks, or 2). drive over rally courses very, very fast?
1). Badlands
2). Wildtrack.

Oh, Base? I ordered Auto as my only option. What am I eventually going to add?

I ordered Base Velocity Blue with Auto as only option. I will be adding as below as I really badly wanted a Badlands (And, there is a MY22 in my future.

Falken P285/70R17 Tire, Wildpeak A/T3W 28034306 Beat out Nitto G2's by a thin margin.$228.00 each$1,140.004wheelparts
Pro Comp 69 Series Vintage Wheel, 17x9 with 6 on 5.5 Bolt Pattern Flat Black 7069 7983$122.99 each$614.954wheelparts
I have found the HOSS suspension from an upgrader. and will be adding the badlands shocks and control arms.$1000bronco epic
Steel Full Body Bash Plate For Vehicles with Modular Front Bumper, For 2 Door$695.00Accessories.ford
Step Bars Tube Steps, 2 Door$595.00Accessories.ford
Ford Custom Graphics Hood Cowl/Stripes, Retro Design by Visco$299.00Accessories.ford
Tailgate Folding Table Table for Swing Gate, Rear$209.00Accessories.ford
Stealth Sleep Package for Ford Bronco 2021 Present 6th Gen 2 Door$995.00Goose-gear
Total adds to Base Bronco$4,947.94need to add 601 to these after Hoss update.
Total adds to Base Bronco minus non-Badland items$2,849.94
Total adds to Base Bronco minus frou-frou crap$3,444.94
(Graphics, Tailgate table,Sleep Package.)
Pardon the newbie question, but does your wheels and tire choices require a lift?

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pardon the newbie question, but does your wheels and tire choices require a lift?
It's a question. I personally don't think so, but the seller did suggest a lift kit. The lift from the Bilstein HOSS that came off a Badlands is probably going to do it. There is a YouTube "Base Bronco" or something like that put 285/75r16s on the stock wheels and had no rubbing. These are about the same size. 4wp does have a 59$ 1" lift leveling kit that is probably all you would need.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Steve, old fart here to. Just a comment. For the tires and wheels and few other things your doing, shocks etc. Your just about at the Sasquatch price. And letting Ford do all the bull work. My humble 2 cents. As I also thought of running the 32's on the steelies and getting them powdercoated. I just did the powdercoating on the rims of my wifes RR to. Thanks for all your comments.
I hear ya, but squatch on base is nearly $7k and if you look at my "non-badlands" total it is way less, more like 3500 with equivalent size tires and the HOSS Bilstein Suspension. Plus, no mud tires or bead lockers for me. I was going more for a poor man's Badlands, and yes, it is a daily commuter. Where I "cheaped out" was the Pro-comp wheels with $200 off from 4wp and I found someone with a Badlands going to King suspension that pulled their Bilsteins.

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's a question. I personally don't think so, but the seller did suggest a lift kit. The lift from the Bilstein HOSS that came off a Badlands is probably going to do it. There is a YouTube "Base Bronco" or something like that put 285/75r16s on the stock wheels and had no rubbing. These are about the same size. 4wp does have a 59$ 1" lift leveling kit that is probably all you would need.
The guy you talk about that has the base Bronco and did a you tube is a member on this site and posts here. He installed 32's and they did not rub. Imho, install 35's with no lift kit, there will be problems. Its worth it to see the video. He used the steelies to.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And, just by the way, I've had a few Broncos but never did any serious off-road action. So you can't get much more n00b than me.

I am just incessant in my search to get the mostest bestest cheapest. And I do some procurement at my day job. Right now, the JBL sound bar can be got for $500 on eBay. Offer the $543 guy 500 and he'll take it. Not buying anything until I actually have something to bolt it onto

https://www.ebay.com/itm/393593898790?epid=21028187556&hash=item5ba4064726:g:4JgAAOSw5ZNhTeZs

Sponsored

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The guy you talk about that has the base Bronco and did a you tube is a member on this site and posts here. He installed 32's and they did not rub. Imho, install 35's with no lift kit, there will be problems. Its worth it to see the video. He used the steelies to.
Yep, just can't remember his monicker. Took off his grille and painted it, and the letters separately. He is my secret love object, but shhhhh! Have also heard about 35's no rub. Remove crash bars?

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep, just can't remember his monicker. Took off his grille and painted it, and the letters separately. He is my secret love object, but shhhhh! Have also heard about 35's no rub. Remove crash bars?
First off, here is the guy with the You Tube post on doing the 32 inch tires. And yes I saw all his videos, painting the grill, steelies etc. Regarding the 35 inch tires on the base Bronco. I havent seen that yet, without some kind of lift kit done. Any of you out there that wants to see putting 32 inch tires on the base, and mount them on the factory steelies. I suggest watching Tims you tube. Its really good. đź‘Ť

Screenshot_20211002-155009_Chrome.jpg

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing to add except your ass in the seat. $40K for a Base SAS , what a deal. If only Ford put heated seats in the base I would get two. One for me and one for the wife. BTW, before you smart guys reply, the heated seats are for her. Lol
I want a manual transmission with heated seats, so Badlands is the only way. If heated seats were a la carte on base or black Diamond I would’ve gone that way. I get cold when I go surfing or swimming in the northern Atlantic, so heated seats are for my ride home. If I’m getting heated seats I might as well get high package for a few bucks more.

I think I’d be perfectly happy with a base and aftermarket seat heaters, maybe that’s how I’ll configure my second reservation. If for whatever reason I’m not happy with the manual I’ll move to a 2.7L basesquatch.

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, looking at the interior pictures of the base Bronco... there are no grab bars. Anyone know if these can be purchased from Ford. Might be a niche product for an aftermarket manufacturer too.

Last edited:

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup.
BaseSquatch 2dr 2.7 manual is the way to go. Switches, bumper, and skid plates. The only tech that I would really like from the higher trims is the larger screen and front and 360 cameras. If I could do those aftermarket I’d be all over it. My seats will be getting katzkin covers.
Sponsored