John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone,

I have searched all over the place, and cannot quite seem to get this answered. What do you expect the base bronco with Sasquatch be able to actual do when off roading?

I understand that the base only comes with the 5 standard goat modes. However, it seems as the goat modes are more or less(in some cases) just there to help newbies. So what do you think the base bronco sas can do? It has dirt as an option, but would you think a skilled off roader would be able to actually use it in sand or some rocks?

I figured that it’s possible, the control would be harder and the driver would need to be skilled. Just wondering though.

Let me know your thoughts!

Ps. Yes I am getting bronco base sas, and any response does not matter to me, just as long as I get my bronco hahaha
Sponsored

zfischer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Tacoma, 4WD Sprinter, BJ42 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BaseSquatch will be an absolute monster offroad. A fantastic platform if offroading is what you want to do. It will eat sand and rocks.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A squatched base may not have all the goat modes however it should perform just as well as any squatched model in most situations.

BearPatrol

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've just assumed that by the time I actually get my Bronco in, there will be a hack out there to gain access to all GOAT modes.

Other than that & the lack of sway bar disco, I'll be able to do anything the other can. There shouldn't be any worries as far as off-road capability goes. It'll be a BEAST.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The goat modes aren't really going to make it any more capable, but perhaps a bit easier in some situations . Also they are just software, unless Ford has the software really locked down (which they might) I expect someone with figure out how to activate the different modes in all the trims. The only mechanical difference then is the disco, which is more of convenience feature. You can always un bolt the sway bar manually. It's just a pain.

Sponsored

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just as capable as a sasquatched badlands. The swaybar disconnect is a convenience feature, not an added capability. You can DC your factory endlinks on the base Sasquatch, or add QD’s that make disconnecting even quicker.

In short, the other models sasquatched don’t have anything over the base Sasquatch, except for maybe better skid plates on BL.

Wide Open Roads

Badlands
First Name
Stace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Outback, '57 Alfa Romeo Giulietta, '10 911 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello everyone,

I have searched all over the place, and cannot quite seem to get this answered. What do you expect the base bronco with Sasquatch be able to actual do when off roading?

I understand that the base only comes with the 5 standard goat modes. However, it seems as the goat modes are more or less(in some cases) just there to help newbies. So what do you think the base bronco sas can do? It has dirt as an option, but would you think a skilled off roader would be able to actually use it in sand or some rocks?

I figured that it’s possible, the control would be harder and the driver would need to be skilled. Just wondering though.

Let me know your thoughts!

Ps. Yes I am getting bronco base sas, and any response does not matter to me, just as long as I get my bronco hahaha
There are very experienced wheelers on the forum, so I'm speaking with less authority... but people have been rock crawling and chewing up all kids of terrain in far less capable vehicles for decades. If I were getting the Base, I would have zero concerns. You're going to love it.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I last wheeled in a 69 Bronco on 33's and open diffs... as I always say on here, you'd be amazed at how far that basic setup will take you.
A Squatch may actually be able to get you in the kind of trouble a lesser vehicle wouldn't be able to.
Be careful out there. Don't wheel alone. Find a competent group to wheel with.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm ordering a Base Sasquatch and I'm expecting it to easily take me anywhere I want to go. Mainly I want to take it to the same places that I ride my motorcycles, minus a few trails that are too narrow. It might be overkill for most of what I want to use it for, but I prefer that to a vehicle that isn't quite good enough.

I won't be doing any serious rock crawling, so sway bar disconnect is not important to me.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just as capable as a sasquatched badlands. The swaybar disconnect is a convenience feature, not an added capability. You can DC your factory endlinks on the base Sasquatch, or add QD’s that make disconnecting even quicker.

In short, the other models sasquatched don’t have anything over the base Sasquatch, except for maybe better skid plates on BL.
yeah I was just reviewing the different trims again, and just kept thinking that wow, other than the software of other modes, the sas really is dope. It almost seems too good to be true! Hahaha. I’ll def be going onto Amazon to buy heated seats/maybe some sort of vinyl to put around my seats. Then might add extra lighting, but we shall see. Maybe somehow I’ll try to add a camera to the outside and Mimic what people have on higher trims??

either way, I’m going to have a blast. My last car was a solara where it was bought used and the soft top eventually leaked.... never going soft top again.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it’s a great starting point. You will probably want to add some guards and some new bumpers once you bash the plastic stock bumpers. Also some sliders to protect the rocker panels would be wise.

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Basesquatch is a beast. Daily mine and have taken her to many off-road outings. Her capabilities are amazing.

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here’s mine. Four door hardtop SAS Base. I also added the aux Switches and the Mod Front Bumper.

The D6 running boards have stopped the stone chipping issue - highly recommend those or something like them.

As a previous poster mentioned, the only real off-road hardware “missing” is the front stabilizer bar disconnect and the skid plates. The factory four piece skid plate package can be had for around $700.

I just finished Off-Rodeo on Friday. Amazing! And there was only one badlands in our group - everything else was a SAS version of one of the other models.

4769CA2F-5B6C-4055-A2E0-8E6A961CA3AB.jpeg

Reactions: jon

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base