Base Bronco starting MSRP price

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Tundra
The Bronco Sport is built on the same global platform and in the same factory as the Escape. Yet you can bet the bank it will be higher than a AWD Escape due to supply and demand. Ford can and will get a premium for all Broncos. Just stop kidding yourself if you think it’s going to be priced like an escape (Bronco Sport) or Explorer (Bronco).

I saw the exact same thing with the Gladiators. Most Rubicon Gladiators still sale within 10% of MSRP. I heard it all, how is should be priced less than a wrangler or a Ram 1500 because of .....reason. Doesn’t matter, Jeep can get a premium for Rubicon Gladiators and they continue to do so regardless of the value the vehicle presents relative to competitors.

Advertisement

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
The Bronco Sport is built on the same global platform and in the same factory as the Escape. Yet you can bet the bank it will be higher than a AWD Escape due to supply and demand. Ford can and will get a premium for all Broncos. Just stop kidding yourself if you think it’s going to be priced like an escape (Bronco Sport) or Explorer (Bronco).

I saw the exact same thing with the Gladiators. Most Rubicon Gladiators still sale within 10% of MSRP. I heard it all, how is should be priced less than a wrangler or a Ram 1500 because of .....reason. Doesn’t matter, Jeep can get a premium for Rubicon Gladiators and they continue to do so regardless of the value the vehicle presents relative to competitors.
A good example of this is the Explorer chassis underpins the Lincoln Aviator. Explorer tops out in the low 60's and Aviator goes close to $80k.

LarryZiegler

First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
You are correct, I've gone straight to the fleet manager for several purchases, the experience was always better then Joe P. Salesman.
The fleet dept is usually the internet sales dept as well. These are the only folks I will talk to as they are transparent and have final decision making authority. When they can pull out shedts and show their numbers it make for an easy and honest transaction. I’m never out for the lowest dollar, just a competitively priced deal. I know my numbers and know how to calculate financing so it’s never about the monthly payment. I haven’t felt screwed yet after 21 yrs of working this way

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado

maybe due to dealer markup but definitely not MSRP.

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
maybe due to dealer markup but definitely not MSRP.
If they put ADM on them, it will only steer many buyers over to Jeep. If Ford plans to sell 200k first year, people will shop for the deals just like with Raptor. Beside that, with the virus, Ford and dealers all need as many sales as they can get. There won't be any roadblocks to prevent that from happening.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If they put ADM on them, it will only steer many buyers over to Jeep. If Ford plans to sell 200k first year, people will shop for the deals just like with Raptor. Beside that, with the virus, Ford and dealers all need as many sales as they can get. There won't be any roadblocks to prevent that from happening.
It’s going to be very difficult to mark up a vehicle when there will be 10 on the lot and 40 in your city.
Mark ups typically happen on low volume vehicles because a dealer might only get 5 for the whole year. Let alone at once

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
It’s going to be very difficult to mark up a vehicle when there will be 10 on the lot and 40 in your city.
Mark ups typically happen on low volume vehicles because a dealer might only get 5 for the whole year. Let alone at once
I read that Ford is shooting for 200k the first year. With roughly 3k Ford dealers, that would be about 66 per year. Of course, small dealers may only sell a handfull while big dealers may sell 200. Plus, there's always the option to order to spec.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read that Ford is shooting for 200k the first year. With roughly 3k Ford dealers, that would be about 66 per year. Of course, small dealers may only sell a handfull while big dealers may sell 200. Plus, there's always the option to order to spec.

Well look at the Ford Explorer. They are just over 200,000 a year. Most local dealers in my area have 25-30 each. So good selection.

Bronc-O

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST
Well look at the Ford Explorer. They are just over 200,000 a year. Most local dealers in my area have 25-30 each. So good selection.
Explorer is my plan B. My dealer has 70 in stock and this area has a lot of big Ford dealers, so indeed plenty of selection. On top of that, incentives are about 5-6k. I'm pretty certain it will be harder to get exactly what a customer may want first 6 months for the Bronco and many will take whatever the dealer has.
Right now, I'm not counting on anything. Things could be a disaster again before any of this plays out.