First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Bronco Sport is built on the same global platform and in the same factory as the Escape. Yet you can bet the bank it will be higher than a AWD Escape due to supply and demand. Ford can and will get a premium for all Broncos. Just stop kidding yourself if you think it’s going to be priced like an escape (Bronco Sport) or Explorer (Bronco).

I saw the exact same thing with the Gladiators. Most Rubicon Gladiators still sale within 10% of MSRP. I heard it all, how is should be priced less than a wrangler or a Ram 1500 because of .....reason. Doesn’t matter, Jeep can get a premium for Rubicon Gladiators and they continue to do so regardless of the value the vehicle presents relative to competitors.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Bronco Sport is built on the same global platform and in the same factory as the Escape. Yet you can bet the bank it will be higher than a AWD Escape due to supply and demand. Ford can and will get a premium for all Broncos. Just stop kidding yourself if you think it’s going to be priced like an escape (Bronco Sport) or Explorer (Bronco).

I saw the exact same thing with the Gladiators. Most Rubicon Gladiators still sale within 10% of MSRP. I heard it all, how is should be priced less than a wrangler or a Ram 1500 because of .....reason. Doesn’t matter, Jeep can get a premium for Rubicon Gladiators and they continue to do so regardless of the value the vehicle presents relative to competitors.
A good example of this is the Explorer chassis underpins the Lincoln Aviator. Explorer tops out in the low 60's and Aviator goes close to $80k.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You are correct, I've gone straight to the fleet manager for several purchases, the experience was always better then Joe P. Salesman.
The fleet dept is usually the internet sales dept as well. These are the only folks I will talk to as they are transparent and have final decision making authority. When they can pull out shedts and show their numbers it make for an easy and honest transaction. I’m never out for the lowest dollar, just a competitively priced deal. I know my numbers and know how to calculate financing so it’s never about the monthly payment. I haven’t felt screwed yet after 21 yrs of working this way

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base

maybe due to dealer markup but definitely not MSRP.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
maybe due to dealer markup but definitely not MSRP.
If they put ADM on them, it will only steer many buyers over to Jeep. If Ford plans to sell 200k first year, people will shop for the deals just like with Raptor. Beside that, with the virus, Ford and dealers all need as many sales as they can get. There won't be any roadblocks to prevent that from happening.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they put ADM on them, it will only steer many buyers over to Jeep. If Ford plans to sell 200k first year, people will shop for the deals just like with Raptor. Beside that, with the virus, Ford and dealers all need as many sales as they can get. There won't be any roadblocks to prevent that from happening.
It’s going to be very difficult to mark up a vehicle when there will be 10 on the lot and 40 in your city.
Mark ups typically happen on low volume vehicles because a dealer might only get 5 for the whole year. Let alone at once

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It’s going to be very difficult to mark up a vehicle when there will be 10 on the lot and 40 in your city.
Mark ups typically happen on low volume vehicles because a dealer might only get 5 for the whole year. Let alone at once
I read that Ford is shooting for 200k the first year. With roughly 3k Ford dealers, that would be about 66 per year. Of course, small dealers may only sell a handfull while big dealers may sell 200. Plus, there's always the option to order to spec.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read that Ford is shooting for 200k the first year. With roughly 3k Ford dealers, that would be about 66 per year. Of course, small dealers may only sell a handfull while big dealers may sell 200. Plus, there's always the option to order to spec.

Well look at the Ford Explorer. They are just over 200,000 a year. Most local dealers in my area have 25-30 each. So good selection.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well look at the Ford Explorer. They are just over 200,000 a year. Most local dealers in my area have 25-30 each. So good selection.
Explorer is my plan B. My dealer has 70 in stock and this area has a lot of big Ford dealers, so indeed plenty of selection. On top of that, incentives are about 5-6k. I'm pretty certain it will be harder to get exactly what a customer may want first 6 months for the Bronco and many will take whatever the dealer has.
Right now, I'm not counting on anything. Things could be a disaster again before any of this plays out.

Solodriver19

Black Diamond
First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F 150 XTR S'CREW
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whatever the price start at you can be sure dealer markups will be just ridiculous.

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Whatever the price start at you can be sure dealer markups will be just ridiculous.
doubt it. Maybe for 1 month or so. Mark ups happen on low production vehicles (<30,000 units). The bronco is going to be a 150-200,000 unit vehicle.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lmao. I just think it’s funny that people get all hung up on the price of these things. It’s like people that cheap out on their phones and end up with a piece of junk that always breaks and they have to replace in a year. I buy a brand new iPhone right when it debuts, and I keep it 3, and now possibly 4 years. (Currently on an iPhone XS and have no reason to upgrade tbh)

I’d rather spend $2k more on a Bronco that is going to last me 20+ years or more if I end up turning it into a buggy rather than have ford cut corners and bullshit. Hell my Jeep is 10 years old and while it is statistically the most reliable JK year, it’s still impressive how good it looks/drives/ feels. I could easily get it to 300k if I wanted for not much money other than gas regardless of what repairs it needs. $2k over 20 years is inconsequential. Now I get it buying something like an escape or an explorer, but the fact that the Bronco will be a similar price to an explorer is a MASSIVE bargain IMO.