Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whatever the price start at you can be sure dealer markups will be just ridiculous.
This is from Blue Oval.

The Sport will start at $4,000-$5,000 more than a Escape, however as you go up in trim line the Sport/Escape will be less in price difference when you get to similar features. There will be no Base Sport like there is with the Escape, so the idea of a base S 2wd with no options isn't happening on the Sport. Think 4wd SE Escape, for base equipment along with some special features the Escape doesn't have . Ford is also projecting a 50/50 male/female split on the Sport where the Bronco will skew very heavy toward male buyers.
Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is from Blue Oval.

The Sport will start at $4,000-$5,000 more than a Escape, however as you go up in trim line the Sport/Escape will be less in price difference when you get to similar features. There will be no Base Sport like there is with the Escape, so the idea of a base S 2wd with no options isn't happening on the Sport. Think 4wd SE Escape, for base equipment along with some special features the Escape doesn't have . Ford is also projecting a 50/50 male/female split on the Sport where the Bronco will skew very heavy toward male buyers.

Think of it this way. 2020 Ford Escape SE 1.5 AWD is $29,995. Meaning the 2020 Ford Bronco Sport BASE 1.5 AWD will be $27,995 or so.

the sport WILL be cheaper than a identical Escape.

but I believe a FULLY LOADED Sport will cost more than the top end Escape.

and yes Ford Escape will also START at a cheaper price because of its Rental Car “S” trim and FWD.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope you are right.
however on the raptor (once it comes out) or higher trim packages that will be lower production number will definitely see markups

Sponsored

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My tin foil hat may be on too tight, but is Chrispy hinting at something relating to Bronco pricing with this particular mention of 37 ? Unless he actually counted up how many times he's replied to pricing topics :ROFLMAO:

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My tin foil hat may be on too tight, but is Chrispy hinting at something relating to Bronco pricing with this particular mention of 37 ? Unless he actually counted up how many times he's replied to pricing topics :ROFLMAO:
could be it comes with 37s, could be it starts at 37k, could be it has a 3.7L V6, could be that there were 37 days until the reveal.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

He made that comment on June 4th. 37 days after that is July 11th. July 11th reveal confirmed :ROFLMAO:

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
could be it comes with 37s, could be it starts at 37k, could be it has a 3.7L V6, could be that there were 37 days until the reveal.
Well we're in a pricing discussion thread, so the starting price of $37k is most likely out of those possibilities. :unsure:

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Answering myself here.. but what do we all think if the Bronco does start at $37,000?

At first glance that seems pretty high since the base Jeep Wrangler Sport starts at $28k, but it's impossible to compare apple to apples right now since we don't know what the base Bronco will come equipped and packaged with.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Answering myself here.. but what do we all think if the Bronco does start at $37,000?

At first glance that seems pretty high since the base Jeep Wrangler Sport starts at $28k, but it's impossible to compare apple to apples right now since we don't know what the base Bronco will come equipped and packaged with.
I think someone with inside knowledge pretty much confirmed Bronco base won't be compared to Wrangler Sport, but a couple of steps up.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I assume that Bronco will come with quite a few things in the base model, based on other Ford models. Such as:

-8” Sync 4 standard
-Proximity entry standard
-Auto trans standard
-Ford Co-pilot 360(Lane keep assist, emergency braking, blind spot monitor) standard
-Whatever fancy stuff they have cooked up for the doors and roof

Optioning up a Sport S wrangler with similar things is going to be $$$$

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I agree with many other posters that Ford is shooting themselves in the foot if they do not start around the price of Jeep. Regardless of features, the only message many buyers will get, oh, I can't afford to look at the Bronco since it is more expensive then a Jeep. You have to be able to get everyone into a Bronco to build the brand, they can buy higher trim models in time but you have to give them an entry point to win them for life first.

Don't say they can just buy a Bronco Sport, that is like someone wanting a Wrangler and they are told, sorry, all you can afford is a Renegade. I'll be a mid line buyer, but I want younger people and others in Bronco's that don't want, need or can't afford all the bells and whistles.
Sponsored