Sponsored

Base Buyers - What are your plans for customizing grille?

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the black of the grille. Going to see what can be done with build and price

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
HD or aftermarket bumper and high brush guard w/lights. Won't see the grille.

Sponsored
OP
OP

RobC2

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3P
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
HD or aftermarket bumper and high brush guard w/lights. Won't see the grille.
I would actually rather spend money on a brush guard than an accessory grille.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I essentially will get this grill (color wise) through aftermarket, possibly even chrome if there are good options out there. I also love the Bronco logo here & will probably do that as well. I'm going with rapid red & this it would work well with that color.

20200926_192552.jpg

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I seriously give a shit about it, I'm sure there will be plenty of options the aftermarket will allow me to replace it with.

For now though, I'm totally happy with it

kirkallen143

Base
First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
94 explorer 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base grille is the closest to the first gen broncos aside from the blacked out color treatment. I really like the white over CG prototype grille in silver. However, although I am looking at BL and OBX, I might look into getting the base grille, painting it silver and possibly replacing the bronco letters with ford, painted red, like the original. I guess everything is relative but to me the base grille is one of its best details.
Took the words right out of my mouth....Thank you.

Kirk

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of using a dremel to carefully cut out the Bronco lettering. Then 3D print translucent white letters to go in their place backlighted with LEDs. That way the lettering lights up with the halo lights.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I might cut some holes in it and mount recessed light pods -- depending on how enormous a 'safety crush zone' the designers built into the grille/ radiator area.

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm solidly in the basemansquatch camp myself. I might swap the base grille for another trim level or an aftermarket grille. Or I might paint the base grille silver or white depending on what color Bronco I get (it changes daily!).

I really want to play into some of the retro cues on the Bronco. White grille, flares and top. White or silver steel wheels with a retro styled center cap? Maybe beauty rings?

I've got some time to decide and then change my mind 1000 times haha

Ford Bronco Base Buyers - What are your plans for customizing grille? 20200808_145027

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm thinking of using a dremel to carefully cut out the Bronco lettering. Then 3D print translucent white letters to go in their place backlighted with LEDs. That way the lettering lights up with the halo lights.
I'm an electrician and while that kind of thing isn't really my style, I've thought about the same thing. I'm actually turning an old outside building sign into a piece of pop art in a similar way. You can message me later if you'd like to bounce ideas.

The Govee Dreamcolor water resistant LED strip would be my recommendation for several reasons.

Hell now I'm considering doing it. Every three LEDs you can independently program, so for say, the 4th of July, you could easily program via phone app colors of static red on the B R, white on O N, blue on C O. Things like that.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going Base AMB or BD A51. Either way I will paint grill, flares, top, etc flat black. Bronco in the grill either flat black or the body color ?.
Sponsored