Sponsored

Base Buyers - What are your plans for customizing grille?

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm an electrician and while that kind of thing isn't really my style, I've thought about the same thing. I'm actually turning an old outside building sign into a piece of pop art in a similar way. You can message me later if you'd like to bounce ideas.

The Govee Dreamcolor water resistant LED strip would be my recommendation for several reasons.

Hell now I'm considering doing it. Every three LEDs you can independently program, so for say, the 4th of July, you could easily program via phone app colors of static red on the B R, white on O N, blue on C O. Things like that.
Electrician here also.
Yeah, thats usually not my thing either, but this one just seems cool. Not too bright. I really like the color idea too!
Sponsored

Last edited:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you look at the vehicle from the front, you hardly see any paint. When you combine it with the bumper, it's the most plastic I've ever seen on the front end of a vehicle.

Bronco-MAP-preproduction-1.jpg

Last edited:

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to paint mine the same color as the MIC top and add side stripes in the MIC grey too.

Haven't decided what color to paint the grille lettering yet.

Rockyperez

Base
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base grille is the closest to the first gen broncos aside from the blacked out color treatment. I really like the white over CG prototype grille in silver. However, although I am looking at BL and OBX, I might look into getting the base grille, painting it silver and possibly replacing the bronco letters with ford, painted red, like the original. I guess everything is relative but to me the base grille is one of its best details.
I am going to have a base grill, LMK if you want to trade.

schiesz

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm thinking of using a dremel to carefully cut out the Bronco lettering. Then 3D print translucent white letters to go in their place backlighted with LEDs. That way the lettering lights up with the halo lights.
I read somewhere that the letters will pop out, so this might be really easy (and skip the careful dremelling)
Sponsored