Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo S90, Chevy Suburban, Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For fun, can you retake this photo with the new top, as before and after?
1645030482798.png

This shot looks fantastic but it would be great to get the same shot as the image above. That would give a true before and after shot for everyone to see. Thanks in advance!!
1645030373152.png
How's this?
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies Bronco Side
Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
That looks so good! I fully expect Ford to copy your design soon!
The white top was the original design. Look at old broncos and that's what you got, white tops.

From day one I felt the new broncos should come in a color (not black/grey/white) and have a white hard top. I don't care for the 4 door broncos, they're something different from a "bronco" imo. The real Bronco has 2 doors!

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gorgeous!

Sorry if you already mentioned it, but were you originally in the anti-matter blue club? I was and was slightly disappointed when I had to go to the green, but seeing the pictures of yours, I am no longer disappointed.

I also built a base: Block heater, aux switches, and the keyless pad.
Yes, I had AMB in the first round. Yeah, I kind of like the green more, but I LOVED AMB.

Reactions: jon

Will_05

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Base Eruption Green & Line-X White Top Throwback Build, keeping the Steelies Bronco Side
Here's the build so far (Few weeks in)
Reserved: 1-14-20
Built: 1-6-2022
Delivered, FL: 1-19-2022

Base 2Dr. 2.7 Auto, AUX Switches, Modular Bumper and Keypad are the only options I got. Out the door Price with tax, xplan and price protection $36,404.

I want to have a very subtle throwback look. I don't want to overdo it and make it look to much like a cartoon character car.

The journey so far:
I purchased through Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, FL. They have no dealer fee's and would honor MSRP and XPlan (Internally). I had my XPlan pricing and PIN through the Mustang Club program (I don't own a Mustang, but for $35 it saved me hundreds). Even though I had my valid pin printed out they required my membership card (Never got one, and it can't be printed out online). A bit of a pain but we worked it out. The 2021-2022 Price protection was a bit of a snafu. The dealer hadn't experience it yet, and assumed Ford just sent me a check. I had to stay on them, and a day before I picked it up the protection finally showed up in their system. Pick up was easy, most of the paperwork was done in advance. It was the first Eruption Green they had seen and the sales reps really were checking it out as I was picking it up to do the final paperwork. I didn't have a trade, and Mullinax offered free delivery to Tampa Bay 90 miles away and drove it home for me.

Above: Pics From Sales Rep Upon Delivery To The Dealer

Above Pic: First View At Pick-Up (Final Paperwork)

Above Pic: Added Script

Above Pic: Lettering and Pre-Runner Bar first night (Kind of installed)

I had pre-purchased a few items prior to delievery that the first night I installed:
Sticker Fab Pre-Cut letters. https://www.stickerfab.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco I liked the red "R" look. (Can't remember cost, but probably under $20)

Bronco Script from Bronco Depot USA https://www.broncodepotusa.com/ (Also don't remember cost, but maybe around $50) They seem to be out of business these days, but great product.

Tow Hooks Amazon, about $60

JCR Offroad Pre-Runner Hoop. https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-P.html I bought this on their Black Friday sale, $199, shipping included.

Everything but the Hoop went on with ease. I had seen some other posts, some it just bolted right on, others had to work it in a little bit. For me the bolts were way off, compared to the bumper "Bronco Bolt" holes. It was off a couple of inches. I came to the realization it was above my ability to fix. I found a local shop in Seminole, FL Tony's Total Performance, they do some SEMA level builds. This was easy for them. https://www.ttpfab.com/ They think it was either early first run that just wasn't dialed in (Common with parts on a new vehicle) or in shipping it may have been tweaked just enough. They needed 3 guys and a ratchet strap, but lined everything up. $220 later, we were in business, I guess that JCROffroad has it on their site now for $499 and I was $419 into it installed I guess I'm ahead??

Above Pics Pre-Runner Bar not lining up

Tires were a must. I've been back and fourth on wheels, do I keep the Steelies, do I keep and paint white, or black? Do I go with an old school, Mickey Thompson style polished aluminum? In the end (for now at least) I decided to keep the steelies and go with BFG K02 285/75R16. No rubbing, and I think the look really works. Mavis Tire in St Pete $1,475 out the door, balanced and aligned.

Tint Was next $250 at Window Kote in St Petersburg. They have done a half dozen cars for me in the past and do excellent work.

So the last and biggest project(s) was a hitch and the top painted white. Watching this forum for months I decided against wraps or paint on the MIC. A local good body shop even said, not to paint it. They as well recommended LineX. I stopped by LineX of South Tampa about a year before the Bronco was actually delivered and met Crystal, who was a huge Bronco fan and serious off-roader. https://www.tampalinex.com/ She was excited to help. They were able to match the Wimbledon White Ford paint code to make it "period correct". I brought the Bronco by, they installed the hitch and removed the top to paint. To my luck it was about 40 degrees and it started raining on my way home, Yuk. They installed and wired a Curt hitch $490. LineX the top white was $800. Below pics of the final project.

Above: Curt Hitch

Above Pic: Top off. I think the 2Dr looks really good without the top on

Above Pic: Top Prep

So next projects:
I want to put some round lights on the bumper centered under the hoop.
Some driving/fog lights in the bumper.
A rack of some sort, I regret not getting the factory rack, but it probably helped me get the Bronco faster.
Maybe round lights across the roof (people say it's super loud). Not a daily driver for me.
Step Rails/Rock Rails to get in easier
Ditch lights

Any ideas (this place is great) I'm all ears.

Love the truck so far!!
Looks Badass!! Great pics and build. I also have a Base due 3/16/22 and looking forward to doing mods. I appreciated seeing your tire decesion.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I LOVE that top! I was going to paint and wrap, but now it's going to be Line X for sure. The texture reminds me of the texture on my '91 Eddie Bauer Tan top. Talk about retro!!!

Gotta cancel the wrap order and go see the Line X guy. Glad he's just across the highway :)

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hope you paid extra for the UV X-line .I had some of my parts ,bull bar and rock sliders X-lineed on my KL 5 years ago black and I like it but sucks when you get it muddy or dirty only looks nice after I use 303 on it .

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hope you paid extra for the UV X-line .I had some of my parts ,bull bar and rock sliders X-lineed on my KL 5 years ago black and I like it but sucks when you get it muddy or dirty only looks nice after I use 303 on it .
Didn't do the Xtra UV coat on the LineX. They LineX, then Paint, then Clearcoat over the base LineX. The Paint and Clearcoat should offer plenty of UV protection, same as automotive paint would.

I figured extra UV on the bottom coat of 3 would be like wearing sunscreen under a ski coat. Wouldn't do a whole lot.

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't do the Xtra UV coat on the LineX. They LineX, then Paint, then Clearcoat over the base LineX. The Paint and Clearcoat should offer plenty of UV protection, same as automotive paint would.

I figured extra UV on the bottom coat of 3 would be like wearing sunscreen under a ski coat. Wouldn't do a whole lot.
What does that process cost approximately?

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What does that process cost approximately?
Top was $800 total. $600 for the LineX base and $200 for the white paint/clearcoat on top.

See_Later_Alligator

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So just the tires are $1,400? Yikes (they look fantastic), had no idea they were that expensive.

Sponsored

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks fantastic—congratulations! Mind if I ask what % tint you had then put on there?

My Eruption Green 2dr is going in for tint on Monday and I have no clue what to ask them to put on, or whether I want front/back to be different…

Bone Saw

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the build so far (Few weeks in)
Reserved: 1-14-20
Built: 1-6-2022
Delivered, FL: 1-19-2022

Base 2Dr. 2.7 Auto, AUX Switches, Modular Bumper and Keypad are the only options I got. Out the door Price with tax, xplan and price protection $36,404.

I want to have a very subtle throwback look. I don't want to overdo it and make it look to much like a cartoon character car.

The journey so far:
I purchased through Mullinax Ford in Kissimmee, FL. They have no dealer fee's and would honor MSRP and XPlan (Internally). I had my XPlan pricing and PIN through the Mustang Club program (I don't own a Mustang, but for $35 it saved me hundreds). Even though I had my valid pin printed out they required my membership card (Never got one, and it can't be printed out online). A bit of a pain but we worked it out. The 2021-2022 Price protection was a bit of a snafu. The dealer hadn't experience it yet, and assumed Ford just sent me a check. I had to stay on them, and a day before I picked it up the protection finally showed up in their system. Pick up was easy, most of the paperwork was done in advance. It was the first Eruption Green they had seen and the sales reps really were checking it out as I was picking it up to do the final paperwork. I didn't have a trade, and Mullinax offered free delivery to Tampa Bay 90 miles away and drove it home for me.

Above: Pics From Sales Rep Upon Delivery To The Dealer

Above Pic: First View At Pick-Up (Final Paperwork)

Above Pic: Added Script

Above Pic: Lettering and Pre-Runner Bar first night (Kind of installed)

I had pre-purchased a few items prior to delievery that the first night I installed:
Sticker Fab Pre-Cut letters. https://www.stickerfab.com/collections/2021-ford-bronco I liked the red "R" look. (Can't remember cost, but probably under $20)

Bronco Script from Bronco Depot USA https://www.broncodepotusa.com/ (Also don't remember cost, but maybe around $50) They seem to be out of business these days, but great product.

Tow Hooks Amazon, about $60

JCR Offroad Pre-Runner Hoop. https://www.jcroffroad.com/product/BR6SB-P.html I bought this on their Black Friday sale, $199, shipping included.

Everything but the Hoop went on with ease. I had seen some other posts, some it just bolted right on, others had to work it in a little bit. For me the bolts were way off, compared to the bumper "Bronco Bolt" holes. It was off a couple of inches. I came to the realization it was above my ability to fix. I found a local shop in Seminole, FL Tony's Total Performance, they do some SEMA level builds. This was easy for them. https://www.ttpfab.com/ They think it was either early first run that just wasn't dialed in (Common with parts on a new vehicle) or in shipping it may have been tweaked just enough. They needed 3 guys and a ratchet strap, but lined everything up. $220 later, we were in business, I guess that JCROffroad has it on their site now for $499 and I was $419 into it installed I guess I'm ahead??

Above Pics Pre-Runner Bar not lining up

Tires were a must. I've been back and fourth on wheels, do I keep the Steelies, do I keep and paint white, or black? Do I go with an old school, Mickey Thompson style polished aluminum? In the end (for now at least) I decided to keep the steelies and go with BFG K02 285/75R16. No rubbing, and I think the look really works. Mavis Tire in St Pete $1,475 out the door, balanced and aligned.

Tint Was next $250 at Window Kote in St Petersburg. They have done a half dozen cars for me in the past and do excellent work.

So the last and biggest project(s) was a hitch and the top painted white. Watching this forum for months I decided against wraps or paint on the MIC. A local good body shop even said, not to paint it. They as well recommended LineX. I stopped by LineX of South Tampa about a year before the Bronco was actually delivered and met Crystal, who was a huge Bronco fan and serious off-roader. https://www.tampalinex.com/ She was excited to help. They were able to match the Wimbledon White Ford paint code to make it "period correct". I brought the Bronco by, they installed the hitch and removed the top to paint. To my luck it was about 40 degrees and it started raining on my way home, Yuk. They installed and wired a Curt hitch $490. LineX the top white was $800. Below pics of the final project.

Above: Curt Hitch

Above Pic: Top off. I think the 2Dr looks really good without the top on

Above Pic: Top Prep

So next projects:
I want to put some round lights on the bumper centered under the hoop.
Some driving/fog lights in the bumper.
A rack of some sort, I regret not getting the factory rack, but it probably helped me get the Bronco faster.
Maybe round lights across the roof (people say it's super loud). Not a daily driver for me.
Step Rails/Rock Rails to get in easier
Ditch lights

Any ideas (this place is great) I'm all ears.

Love the truck so far!!
I think you’ve made some 2-door Bronco owners/future owners very happy with this post. Looks great, and now I’m excited to Line-x the top when I get my rig! Did your Line-x rep mention Line-x Ultra, the smoother version? I’ve heard that only some Line-x shops provide Ultra, as the spray guns are different. This post makes me confident that the classic Line-x texture works well and looks good. Thank you, great choice!

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks fantastic—congratulations! Mind if I ask what % tint you had then put on there?

My Eruption Green 2dr is going in for tint on Monday and I have no clue what to ask them to put on, or whether I want front/back to be different…
I don't recall the percentage. Max legal on the front windows, and I told him I didn't want the rears to be over dark (Look too different) but to be darker

OP
OP
USASAIL

USASAIL

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

3 AuxBeam 7" lights vs headlights mounted to the top of the modular bumper. Solid for the price point.

ievolve

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Your Bronco Model
Base
3 AuxBeam 7" lights vs headlights mounted to the top of the modular bumper. Solid for the price point.
Where did you mount those, any pics?
Sponsored