Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I understand why they are doing it. Ford never intended to sell a manual Sasquatch and doing so added cost and complexity. If someone really wants a manual transmission Sasquatch, they should look at paying the full price for the package as acceptable because they didn't want to compromise.
Oh it makes perfect sense, but they changed the way the pricing was structured and it just left a salty taste in my mouth.

Taking a Black Diamond, for example….
    • Sasquatch Package: $4495
    • Automatic Transmission: $1595
    • Sasquatch Package: $6090
    • Automatic Transmission: $0 (when optioned with the Sasquatch package)
So if you ordered an automatic transmission, the cost in 2022 was the same as 2021. Which is great, that’s what Ford promised. But for me, as someone who was really happy Ford decided to give manual transmission order holders the option of the Sasquatch package, it just felt like they forced us to pay for an automatic transmission without actually getting one.

I suspect what happened is Ford realized they priced the Sasquatch package too low. But because they had to offer price protection to early reservation holders they had to figure out some way to structure the prices so that they could charge more for the Sasquatch package without impacting those early 2021 order holders. Which probably means we’re going to see a fairly large jump in the Sasquatch package cost in 2024 once all of the price protection programs expire.

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
interesting how things play out. i cancelled my order for a manual because i wanted the sasquatch package. i just took delivery of my AUTOmatic sasquatch about a month ago. 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

Wolfpack

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Ford Bronco XLT 5Spd, 2002 Honda S2000
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Awesome to see!!

Still wish they didn’t screw up the Sasquatch pricing for the manual transmission. Dumb you have to pay for an automatic transmission without getting one.

You got like two viable options with the way they priced it. Everything else doesn’t make sense from a value-for-your-dollar perspective.
  • 2-door Base Mansquatch
  • Badlands… and Sasquatch it yourself.
EDIT: My admittedly super salty post on the topic from awhile ago:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-insanity-of-the-manual-trans-sasquatch-pricing.25406/
Your post from the past is what swayed me. It's 2 door base mansquatch or badlands. The pricing doesn't make sense otherwise if you want the manual ans sasquatch. I'm holding out for the mod top so it will be interesting to see what, if any, trims it is offered on.

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome to see!!

Still wish they didn’t screw up the Sasquatch pricing for the manual transmission. Dumb you have to pay for an automatic transmission without getting one.

You got like two viable options with the way they priced it. Everything else doesn’t make sense from a value-for-your-dollar perspective.
  • 2-door Base Mansquatch
  • Badlands… and Sasquatch it yourself.
EDIT: My admittedly super salty post on the topic from awhile ago:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/the-insanity-of-the-manual-trans-sasquatch-pricing.25406/
I 100% agree! I have a 7/14/20 reservation. I also signed the petetion for manual Sasquatch. I planned on Black Diamond manual Sasquatch and held off ordering a 2021. Then with the screwed up pricing, I ordered a Badlands manual no Sasquatch for $840 cheaper than Black Diamond manual Sasquatch. Saved $840 and got sway bar disconnect and signature lighting. But I skipped 2021 model year for nothing and lost antimatter blue in the process. And now I'm still not scheduled. When they announced manual Sasquatch would be allowed, I wish they would've told us about the price, I would've just ordered the 2021 Badlands non Sasquatch.

Blown331

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
interesting how things play out. i cancelled my order for a manual because i wanted the sasquatch package. i just took delivery of my AUTOmatic sasquatch about a month ago. 🤦‍♂️
Manual Sasquatch was announced before order banks opened. So when you ordered the automatic, it was already known manual Sasquatch was a go.

Kramku1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I drive a ten speed semi truck in town five days a week happy with auto base squatch 'D' for do it baby😍

JPOPS5

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base-man-squatch / A7 / S5 / TT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The long awaited Base Broncos with manual transmission and Sasquatch package (affectionately known around here as "Mansquatch") have recently begun deliveries! Congrats to the lucky few owners so far, and to all of you expectant owners!

Here's a Base Mansquatch owner who recently took delivery:
Hey that sweet ride looks familiar :D

It’s so much fun to drive and I haven’t even had a chance to leave the pavement yet!

Sponsored

BBBronco

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand why they are doing it. Ford never intended to sell a manual Sasquatch and doing so added cost and complexity. If someone really wants a manual transmission Sasquatch, they should look at paying the full price for the package as acceptable because they didn't want to compromise.
I wanted a Mansquatch from the get but it wasn’t an option so I went Big Bend. As soon as I found out I could get it I changed my order. Was willing to pay the price and wait as long as it took. Expecting delivery this Saturday 👍🏻
Ford Bronco Base Mansquatch (Manual + Sasquatch) Broncos Have Begun Delivery 3C6531D6-B5FF-410C-AEC7-9B92AE436D33

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Enough about the manual transmission. I just wanna know what tires those are on all the sasquatch images ford uses? They look like hot wheel tires.

But I keed. There just isn't a big enough market for a manual transmission to do the engineering needed to match one to the 2.7. The vocal minority just can't pay those development bills.

Basesquach with a manual at the dealer getting a couple of toys added. I captured it in the rain yesterday.
KCTD8zTl.jpg

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven’t once wished my 2.3L was a 2.7L, the transmission and gearing are plenty good for me.

Glad to see these finally being delivered, I was code 99 all of last year waiting for this. But I had to go 4 door which meant at least BB and that price difference from BL wasn’t good enough for the sasquatch tires and slight lift compared to the stock BL with the same 4.7 drive ratio. For those that can, the 2d basemansquatch is something to marvel at for the price.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh it makes perfect sense, but they changed the way the pricing was structured and it just left a salty taste in my mouth.

Taking a Black Diamond, for example….
    • Sasquatch Package: $4495
    • Automatic Transmission: $1595
    • Sasquatch Package: $6090
    • Automatic Transmission: $0 (when optioned with the Sasquatch package)
So if you ordered an automatic transmission, the cost in 2022 was the same as 2021. Which is great, that’s what Ford promised. But for me, as someone who was really happy Ford decided to give manual transmission order holders the option of the Sasquatch package, it just felt like they forced us to pay for an automatic transmission without actually getting one.

I suspect what happened is Ford realized they priced the Sasquatch package too low. But because they had to offer price protection to early reservation holders they had to figure out some way to structure the prices so that they could charge more for the Sasquatch package without impacting those early 2021 order holders. Which probably means we’re going to see a fairly large jump in the Sasquatch package cost in 2024 once all of the price protection programs expire.
If people want manual transmissions, they have to be okay with paying the same price as an automatic. That goes for other vehicles too. It’s not about being a deal anymore. A stick isn’t for the cheapskate that buys a $12,000 sedan. It’s only enthusiast and sports cars now. Manual transmissions aren’t that much cheaper to build, complicate assembly by adding another permutation, and absolutely nuke CAFE. It’s more than reasonable to pay the same price for a Sasquatch manual as a Sasquatch automatic.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Post one with a 2.7 V6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored