Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I know I will have to order the automatic transmission; my only decision is which engine to get.
I have never found myself saying "dang.. this thing has too much power" and if the 2.7 is only $1k~$2k add (since you are already getting the auto) I would get that with no looking back..

Horsepower is like money and computer memory.. no such thing as too much.
Sponsored

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Horsepower is like money and computer memory.. no such thing as too much.
this is a lie. windows 10 can only handle 2TB of random access memory. so 2,001GB of memory is too much.

Deleted member

@tokyo, I appreciate your advice. The engine decision really comes down to price. I have a price range and I would like to keep this purchase within that range. Obviously, the cost of the Sasquatch package is important as is the cost of the Auxiliary switches. And I have to get the automatic. If the the price of the V6 fits within that range, then great. If not, I will live without it.

I have driven the Ranger with the 2.3 and the 10spd automatic. I know it isn't the same thing; but I find it has ample power available.

yankee hat with no brim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@tokyo, I appreciate your advice. The engine decision really comes down to price. I have a price range and I would like to keep this purchase within that range. Obviously, the cost of the Sasquatch package is important as is the cost of the Auxiliary switches. And I have to get the automatic. If the the price of the V6 fits within that range, then great. If not, I will live without it.

I have driven the Ranger with the 2.3 and the 10spd automatic. I know it isn't the same thing; but I find it has ample power available.

4 cyl turbos pack a peppy punch. I have noticed a delay with certain ones of those. I really hate the hesitation. I can only imagine how much power the 6 turbo will give you. I want it

if anyone is coming from a cheaper 4 clyn engine the 2.3 willl be leaps and bounds better and noticable

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah I had a Ranger 2.3 as a rental for a week on business, let's just say compared to my 2006 Honda Pilot 4wd that Ranger was a Bentley

Sponsored

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I got the new Mustang in 2015, it was so fully loaded that there was barely anything to do to it. Now with the Bronco, I'm going back to the BASEsics and installing mods as the months and years go by. This way the fun never ends.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hell, I may go ZERO option 2 door base (sub 30k). 2.3 manual. Just have fun with it and make it my own. How good will the aftermarket be? If it will be like Jeep, I'm totally cool with this route.

We need the build & price up and running.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hell, I may go ZERO option 2 door base (sub 30k). 2.3 manual. Just have fun with it and make it my own. How good will the aftermarket be? If it will be like Jeep, I'm totally cool with this route.

Just 7 hours to build and price!

Just kidding, no shot at that happening.

I hear you, I am anxiously awaiting it as well.

buildbigboats

Black Diamond
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I might go that route too. Won't be my daily drive. Only thing I really want to add from the factory would be rear lockers

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Another soon to be base owner here. Really hoping to be able to get:

-Front & rear factory lockers with the low ratio

If I can get that then the overhead switch panel is all I need, stick with the manual and 4 cylinder and let me do the rest.

If not then guessing I'll be going with the auto, 2.7, Sasquatch OR just change it to a Badlands with no other options (we'll see what price difference there is at that point).

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Squatch for the base needs to be under $5500 total or I may go with Big Bend and a rear locker.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will come.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1596249067782

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Base trim isn't available in the orange unfortunately.

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1596249067782
Well, god damn it. Guess I got to go with the black diamond trim then. Anybody want to by some shitty factory steel bumpers???

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It will be very difficult for me to not check the 2.7 auto and sasquatch boxes. Smiley Face!

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It will be very difficult for me to not check the 2.7 auto and sasquatch boxes. Smiley Face!
If you get a 4 door Base, the auto trans is already part of the 4 door package with price......
Sponsored