Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can't have the the back seats in my 2 door base! Wonder if Ford will remove the back seats and "accessorize" that space to make it more functional?
Been watching youtube vids of jeep owners and what they do with their back space... roof-top tents, fridges, compressors, etc.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry if this has been asked and answered in the previous 30 pages, I read through half of it and didn't see it.

Thinking about getting the Base and if the Sasquatch pkg is too expensive, putting 33's on it. Given the specs, could that be done after market without lifts? Or would I need any other mods to make it work based on what we know?
I'm base also, planning on 33's, assume since other trims take them without lift it will work, wheel offset may be an issue for clearance and I hope a rear locker with lower ratio is available (4.27, 4.46?) 3.73 may be steep with 33's. BTW I'm looking at 255 85 16 Coopers.

icavedin

Base
First Name
Ami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 4runner, '91 318iS, '07 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think an actual base model will be a unicorn after preorders are built. Not enough profit for Ford or dealers.
This guy gets it.
A rare opportunity to scoop up loss leaders like this doesn't happen often nowadays, gotta take advantage while we still can!

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm base also, planning on 33's, assume since other trims take them without lift it will work, wheel offset may be an issue for clearance and I hope a rear locker with lower ratio is available (4.27, 4.46?) 3.73 may be steep with 33's. BTW I'm looking at 255 85 16 Coopers.
Are you saying 3.73 gears might struggle with the 33's without any other mods or struggle with the rear locker with 33's?

Any insight is appreciative because I don't know any of this mechanical stuff.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you saying 3.73 gears might struggle with the 33's without any other mods or struggle with the rear locker with 33's?

Any insight is appreciative because I don't know any of this mechanical stuff.
3.73 with a 33 inch tire and the very high (low numerically) overdrive gears in the automatic may struggle or hunt gears at highway speeds. Also, off road with the 2.72 transfer case it may not be low enough to crawl well. With the manual none of this is a problem as you can pick your gear on the highway and it has the crawler gear for off road so 3.73 is fine. The auto has a 4.71 first gear which is pretty low so it might be OK. Sometimes with and al a carte locker they are offered with lower (higher numerically 4.27 or 4.46) gears which would be good with an auto.

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have 33's with 3.73 gears and the 2.7EB 10speed in my truck and it weighs similar to a 2-door bronco. It doesn't struggle at all. Perfect mix of in town acceleration and 80mph cruising. This is the exact combo I want on my Bronco.

As for the 2.3 I don't know.. Maybe someone with a Ranger can chime in as a similar combo would be possible there. I would think it will be fine.

I had a JK with the 3.8 gutless wonder motor with 35's and it was a dog.. vague steering as well. But with the top and doors off didn't matter, still super fun to drive around in.

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think an actual base model will be a unicorn after preorders are built. Not enough profit for Ford or dealers.
Makes no sense. Base Bronco is a Wrangler Sport equivalent, of which Jeep makes and sells aplenty. I’d assume it will be no different for Ford. Higher trims will add more profit, but so will factory backed accessories for which Ford outfit the Wayne assembly plant, specifically for Bronco and Ranger. Those same accessories will go on Base Broncos.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So dumb question here.. I have seen that the "adaptive cruise control" is not available on the base.. but regular cruise control is included right? I am not a fan of adaptive anyway

I think I saw someone earlier in the thread mention it does but I went through the list of features on the Ford website and couldn't find it mentioned.

I know on the F150 you have to get 101A I think to get cruise control maybe? can't remember.. Also I don't think the base Wrangler comes with it (or A/C) either.

I have to have cruise..

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So dumb question here.. I have seen that the "adaptive cruise control" is not available on the base.. but regular cruise control is included right? I am not a fan of adaptive anyway

I think I saw someone earlier in the thread mention it does but I went through the list of features on the Ford website and couldn't find it mentioned.

I know on the F150 you have to get 101A I think to get cruise control maybe? can't remember.. Also I don't think the base Wrangler comes with it (or A/C) either.

I have to have cruise..
Yes

3948EF01-3BFC-41A0-A7B8-E304496B0117.jpeg

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, I would imagine a locker may be available in one of the ratios already offered on other models, 4.27, 4.46 or 4.7.

Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks! I did see that but was afraid it was just the "controls" .. like a place holder or the switch blanks or something and not the actual cruise control. Or even worse some mis-print or wording that was accidently carried over from one of the higher packages.

Glad to hear its legit!

Now just need the stand alone rear e-locker option and I'm golden.

OP
OP
Nickp

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
NickP please verify... I thought I saw somewhere Sasq is not available on Base model with manual, only with the 10-speed auto tranny. Thanks. Where in AZ are you, I road trip to AZ to see my parents couple times a year...
It is, I posted that right after the reveal When we weren’t aware. There’s a rumor that there might be a “Sasquatch lite” with just the axle/lift that you can get with the manual but only time will tell.

I’m in Scottsdale, I’m sure we are going to have an active Bronco community out here so make sure to join in if possible!