Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
if I get a base, I'm adding all option I can get:
Auto 2.7L sas... etc

I intend to use my bronco for speed offroad and I really love those wide tires on WT but the spec on ford website shows 315/70R17 (same as sasquatch). Did they just photoshoped that WT photo and made these tires look wide? o_O
Yup.
Most don't realize that the 'shooped WT in every color has at least the equivalent of 305/65R17s on it. If not 33x13.50R17.
Wanna look like that, you'll need to get some Interco tires.

The latest spy pics of a black 4D preproduction mule shows what the 285/70R17s actually look like.
Way more tame.

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wonder if we will end up getting to see any reason world photos of the Base model other than when people's orders start getting delivered.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I beginning to change gears on my build. While I'd love to do a Big Bend to get Cactus Gray, I'd be looking at a ~$4,200 upcharge for the color. That's just silly, I can live with Carbonized Gray or AMB.

I was also thinking more of a rally raid style, but the idea of more of the old school skinny tire look is starting to sound better.

So the new thought is Base 4 Door + Aux Switches (will be adding lights)(hoping they won't much) + (big ? on if possible) 4.27 LSD + tire change to 235/85R16 (31.7") or 255/75R17 (32.1").

The gear change is primary desire, LSD if available. Will do E-Locker if only option to get the gearing. If not, not end of the world, I'd most likely upgrade to the 2.7 for the added grunt and stay with the open 3.73's.

I would like to stay skinny on the tires and hit the 32ish inch mark. If I can do it from factory/dealer great, if not I'll wait til they need replaced.

Estimating that will put me at ~$35,700 (w/destination) if 2.7 and no LSD/Locker then ~$36,900.

In comparison, Big Bend + Auto + Aux Switches + 4.27 E-Locker looks like ~$40K.

AZHUND

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500 5.7L 4x4, 2018 Wrangler S 3.6L
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wonder if we will end up getting to see any reason world photos of the Base model other than when people's orders start getting delivered.
This is my guess too - same thing happened for the 'unicorn' Gladiator Base models they quote the price of all the time to make people think they can get a $30k Jeep truck (until they get to the dealer and don't see any below $45k). I am curious in this one though as based on high-level specs alone, I might be in for a base and just upgrade the tires to whatever the stock steelies can handle... or just go with a Badlands with manual.... will see.

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Base 2-door model reserved, looking forward to it. I live a 7,500 feet elevation in Montana, and the turbo 4-cyl will have plenty of power for me. Getting the manual for sure. Not really interested in too many options other than a tow hitch (drift boat, so well under 500 lbs with trailer). Keeping it simple and close to $30K.

This will be my 4th Bronco, 82, 87, and a 94. For 20 years I have been saying if Ford brings the Bronco back I will buy one.

Color = Rapid Red or Velocity Blue

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah, I put “before wheeling and dealing and destination..”

I was thinking it’s easier to just talk MSRP on here as I figured everyone knows they are going to have to deal with destination, doc, TT&L, mandatory dealer adds.. etc with their dealer.

MSRP is a common value so makes it easy for the discussion.

You are correct though there is no way in hades anybody is getting OTD for under $30k that is for sure!
I was in my dealership on Friday..(9/11) talking to the "Bronco guy"...he says Ford will most likely offer A/Z and X plans on the vehicle...I'm eligible for the A/Z plan...so with me getting a 2 door base,with only the 10 speed,and the freight...I'm shooting for as close to 30k as possible.. if the X plan drops the base price down to 28,073...the A/Z plan should have it under 28k before options and freight...we'll see how it goes..

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rumor has it we may get Manual Sasquatch and that the Base 4door will be available with Manual. So I’m now looking at doing 4 door Base Mansquatch for under $40k.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think no. We may see a base in 2022 once dealers have stock and need a loss leader on the lot. I do not expect to see one until I take delivery.

Last edited:

OH-RK

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Sonata
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade wheels through ford? Im not a fan of the 16 in wheels. Hopefully it's an option.

Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

does anyone know if we will be able to upgrade wheels through ford? Im not a fan of the 16 in wheels. Hopefully it's an option.
Until B&P comes out to say otherwise, the only way to get different wheels on a base is to go Sasquatch.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my reservation was fairly late to the game, but I bet by the time I take delivery the market will be flooded with takeoffs from all the higher level trims.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
my reservation was fairly late to the game, but I bet by the time I take delivery the market will be flooded with takeoffs from all the higher level trims.
+1
I've got mint condition Rubicon rims on my Base Sport Jeep. $400 for 5 rims.