Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am going with the base squatch 2.7 auto...and a few factory accessories, definitely aux light switches. All that for under 40K with TTL.
Rip the carpet out and bedline, add some good custom neoprene covers and bimini top, I dont need the BS upgrades of Black Diamond.
Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
IMG_0625 2.jpg

I was bummed at first about the no hitch option. Would be nice to know about dealer install availability. Did some research and found this chassis pic. The tow hitch looks pretty similar to the current JL style hitch. Aftermarket sells this type hitch and wiring for about $70 and looks pretty simple to install. Here's hoping for quick availability. Saves a bunch too. Almost went up to Black Diamond. ?
Also, wondering it a longer distribution on the frame would allow for a higher tow capacity. 2.7/10 speed is rated 9000 on the F150... But then again, if you tow 5-6000 behind it how would the warranty Nazis know if you don't tell them?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also, wondering it a longer distribution on the frame would allow for a higher tow capacity. 2.7/10 speed is rated 9000 on the F150... But then again, if you tow 5-6000 behind it how would the warranty Nazis know if you don't tell them?
Tow rating is not purely a function of the hitch's attachment to the frame.

Wheelbase, power, braking capability, and other factors make up tow rating numbers.

Mostly braking. Try strapping a 6k lb trailer to your Bronco and watch your stopping distance quadruple.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMG_0625 2.jpg

I was bummed at first about the no hitch option. Would be nice to know about dealer install availability. Did some research and found this chassis pic. The tow hitch looks pretty similar to the current JL style hitch. Aftermarket sells this type hitch and wiring for about $70 and looks pretty simple to install. Here's hoping for quick availability. Saves a bunch too. Almost went up to Black Diamond. ?
Don’t worry about getting a hitch later. They will be easily accessible at a cheap price.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Tow rating is not purely a function of the hitch's attachment to the frame.

Wheelbase, power, braking capability, and other factors make up tow rating numbers.

Mostly braking. Try strapping a 6k lb trailer to your Bronco and watch your stopping distance quadruple.
Greats points. Anything towed that makes the total weight of both exceed the total GVW of any vehicle should have independent braking. Extending the length of the hitch attachment points forward distributes the weight more evenly. There are also additional spring options and/or air shock/bag options (not available from your dealer) Obviously, its not either of our first rodeos, and you raised valid points that need to be considered by those for who it may be and read this exchange....

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why would you "accept" that? Ford has clearly and repeatedly stated you will be able to get the manual with the Sasquatch package.

Whether or not you can get those two things together on the Base, that's another story.
According to Ford, Manual Sasquatch should be available all trims that have a manual

Answering the Call of Enthusiasts, Bronco Brand Expands Sasquatch Package to Models with 7-Speed Manual Transmission

DEARBORN, Mich., Sept. 21, 2020 – Listening to reservation-holder feedback, Ford is expanding the availability of its high-performance off-road Sasquatch™package to all-new Bronco two- and four-door models with a class-first 7-speed manual transmission.

“The Bronco community spoke and we heard them,” said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco consumer marketing manager. “Our team moved quickly to add Sasquatch with a manual transmission – another example of our focus on giving customers the best possible off-road vehicles and accessories that we can.”

The increased availability of the Sasquatch package also makes the Ford Bronco the only 4x4 with a 7-speed manual and 35-inch off-road tires in its class.

Sasquatch plus manual unlocks even more off-road capability
While other brands save their best hardware for premium series models, Bronco is making off-road capability a priority across every two- and four-door trim level with the available Sasquatch package.

Checking the Sasquatch box adds class-first 35-inch Goodyear® mud-terrain tires mounted to 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels, Dana™ front and rear electronic locking axles with 4.7:1 final drive ratio, and high-clearance suspension with a nearly two-inch wider track, position-sensitive Bilstein shocks and wider fender flares.

Sasquatch package will be available across the lineup, including Base, Big Bend™, Black Diamond™ Outer Banks™, and Badlands™. It is standard on Bronco Wildtrak™ and First Edition models, while the Badlands™ series with available Sasquatch package and standard semi-active hydraulic front stabilizer bar disconnect results in the ultimate Bronco rock crawler.

“Capability is always a priority, and pairing Sasquatch with a manual transmission and available advanced 4x4 system gives it a maximum crawl ratio of 94.75:1, providing even more off-road capability across the line-up,” said Dave Pericak, Ford icons global director.

The manual transmission with Sasquatch package is targeted to be available in late 2021.

Bronco Build and price goes live in October
As excitement builds around the Bronco brand of rugged SUVs, the Bronco two- and four-door build and price site will go live in October. Enthusiasts will be able to virtually create their ideal models and compare pricing for option groups. Reservation holders can create their dream off-road machine and print and save the information for ordering, which will begin in December.

The all-new two- and four-door Bronco goes on sale next spring. To learn more about Bronco and Bronco Sport, go to Ford.com/Bronco.

Original Post:

Mike Levine with Ford has confirmed via Twitter.

Advertisement

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think I got everything I wanted for less than I expected. This can't be right.

2.7/Auto/Sas/RockRails/ModBumper/BrushGuard/RoofRack/AuxSwitches...plus more stuff, still under $40K?

1603429452420.png
Got my plates back in July. I think they're going to look good on the Antimatter Blue.
Always knew I was getting a Base!

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread IMG_0001.JPG

steevenk

Black Diamond
First Name
kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 AWD Astro, '90 G20 Van, '14 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just don’t get into an accident while towing over the maximum. Warranty Nazis won’t know but insurance company will.

Sponsored

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it safe to say Base 2 door buyers are the real winners in all of this? :cool:
F*** yes. You can say that. We're getting a killer deal. I showed my build to a couple of my 4Runner friends yesterday and they couldn't believe I was getting a brand new body on frame with all the trimmings for under $40K.

Let's just keep it to ourselves, shall we? :giggle:

DeMag1969

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Convertible Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

From what Ford said at the East meet, the Base, BB, BD OBX and WT all use the same suspension.
Ford just juggles spring weights to get the correct ride height going from a stripped 2D to a fully loaded 4D BD.

Shocks will get stiffer as the total rolling weight and tire diameter goes up.

This exactly how it's been done for the F150.
A basic 2D short bed F150 with the tiny tires will have weaker shocks and springs, and a lower ride height than a 4d Platinum long bed running on big rims and tires.
Ride quality would be crap if they didn't.
[/QU

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone considering black diamond with hard top now? It’s cheaper than base squatch. At least we get a manual with the black diamond. Manual is my make it or break it. I’ll hold out to see what happens with base-man-squatch first.
I don't want mine until 2022 when I pay off my mortgage, so I put in a second reservation with @Granger Ford to get the killer October deal. Kind of like you, I am deciding between the two...

Option 1: 2-door base mansquatch with wiggle room in my budget for a couple of fun things like flip-down table, bikini top, etc. And a couple of after-market things like window tint, tow-hitch.
Option 2: Black Diamond with not one-penny of anything added except the tow hitch.

I do have an early reservation (July 21) that I did not cancel yet. I am hanging onto it for "emergency" but if I get the Bronco too soon my budget is only base manual with nothing added whatsoever.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Build: 2021 Bronco
Model: 2 Door
Trim: Base
Color: Shadow Black (also considering Antimatter Blue but only like 10%)
Packages: Sasquatch
Options:
10 speed auto
Wheel lock kits (for the sasquatch thieves)
assistance kit: on road
floor liners (a must)
black stainless steel license plate (y not)
Total: $36139
EVEN MADE IT MY DESKTOP BACKGROUND
Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread IMG_0001.JPG
Twins

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 1603555708506

Gman90

Base
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 mustang gt500
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't want mine until 2022 when I pay off my mortgage, so I put in a second reservation with @Granger Ford to get the killer October deal. Kind of like you, I am deciding between the two...

Option 1: 2-door base mansquatch with wiggle room in my budget for a couple of fun things like flip-down table, bikini top, etc. And a couple of after-market things like window tint, tow-hitch.
Option 2: Black Diamond with not one-penny of anything added except the tow hitch.

I do have an early reservation (July 21) that I did not cancel yet. I am hanging onto it for "emergency" but if I get the Bronco too soon my budget is only base manual with nothing added whatsoever.
I put in my reservation at granger last night. Figure I could take a trip out there with the family and drive back having a good old time. I’m just really undecided now with the base fiasco, now there is rumor white top is coming out in 2022. Who knows maybe even X-plan will be back. I’m starting to lean towards BD with a few options or BB with a lot of options. The squatch novelty is starting to wear off on me, I know I’ll never use it to it’s full capability but I still want it.
Sponsored