First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Eh, I would prefer the 2.7 with auto and lockers instead of the squatch. Would like to run 30s and upgrading to 33s. Wife and little one does beach day with friends once a week and I don't see her adjusting air pressure even on those times sections of the beach is restricted to 4x4 only. I suspect squatch with 2.3 and manual will be pushing the base near $35k.
All this said you can get the FX4 package on the Ranger XL is only $1300. Maybe I can fit the big feet in with an auto trans and still be under $35k.

We will see what we can do next month.
Sponsored

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I actually use rear locker for sport mode full throttle launches on the street.

With TCS fully off the 2.7 will light up the rears no problem. Without e-locker it’s a long single line .. with e-locker it is 2 short lines. Also is fun doing donuts.

since the truck is 4x2 the e-locker helps on off-road stuff too. Amazes me what is possible with a locked rear end.

Not 4x4 level but a lot more capable then people think and covers 95% of MY off road needs. An additional wheel up front helping out once in awhile will take that to 100%.

YMMV of course, we all will use them differently, But an open front diff is fine for my use. I don’t plan to run any bigger than 33’s and most of the time will be in 2H anyway. if it gets sketchy I lock the rear. If I really get myself in a pickle then into 4H until I get out, then back in 2H.

Mud, snow, sand and long gravel ascents are where extra help from a front wheel will be welcome though.. a locked rear can be exciting in the snow. Modern TCS does an amazing job of keeping things civil however.

It is so awesome we can all build it into what we Want for our intended usage!

I hope that an FX4 type non Sasquatch rear locking diff/skid plate package is available on base eventually.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Offering a stripped down loss leader is a rare bird.
Except it’s not stripped! It’s got cruise, power windows and locks, LED headlights, Apple CarPlay and keyless start - all standard. Amazing to me the amount of standard equipment on the Base.

The 2dr BB is $5k more and you get bigger aluminum wheels/tires, leather wrapped wheel/gearshift, fog lights, tint and a few other really minor items. And of course the ability to add options not available to the base. It’s the worst value step-up package I’ve ever seen.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 2dr BB is $5k more and you get bigger aluminum wheels/tires, leather wrapped wheel/gearshift, fog lights, tint and a few other really minor items. And of course the ability to add options not available to the base. It’s the worst value step-up package I’ve ever seen.
Every time I read through the Big Bend features, I keep thinking I’m missing something! So expensive!

wilmerfjohnson

First Edition
First Name
Wilmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion, 2009 Mariner, 2000 Taurus, 1996 Bronco, 1994 F-150, 1988 F-150, 1984 Bronco II, 1978 F-350, 1974 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hqd a moment of weakness, and reserved a 2 door first edition on launch night. After the euphoria faded, I remembered the Bronco of my youth, the base model is the true Bronco - so I reserved a base. I plan to buy both, and keep the base as plain as vanilla as possible with locking differentials and nothing else.

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hqd a moment of weakness, and reserved a 2 door first edition on launch night. After the euphoria faded, I remembered the Bronco of my youth, the base model is the true Bronco - so I reserved a base. I plan to buy both, and keep the base as plain as vanilla as possible with locking differentials and nothing else.
Yep, my 72 is as bare bones as it gets. Power steering, power door locks, power windows, cruise control, 8" touchscreen, don't have to get out to lock the hubs, this base model is a darn near luxury vehicle.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah it seems to me that Ford did something to make the "Base" as inexpensive as possible to be under that 30K mark so they can claim it. I think that is why the price is so steep when you jump up to the next model.

I wonder if the mystery is not in the Standard Package... I can't seem to find it right now, but even though each trim has a "Standard"... the code for it is different so I'm thinking there are some differences not know at this time.

Think I found it... Base gets 101A but BB gets 221A.. don't know what those differences are or if they simply translate into those minimal items you guys have already brought up.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm not knowledgeable enough on all the research for upgrades or the diy. Will bite the bullet to go with Big Bend. Just want to get in and drive with some of the creature comforts.

Deleted member

@toystwo and @tmobileguy, you both are correct in that the Base model is extremely well equipped. So much so that I am rethinking my initial decision to get a Black Diamond. I am seriously considering a Base Trim instead.

If I do select the Base, I will add the Sasquatch package as it offers almost everything that would be needed for off road use. I will also add the Auxiliary switches. I know I will have to order the automatic transmission; my only decision is which engine to get.

The three items I will want are rock rails, better protection underneath, and more useful bumpers. I know the HD modular bumper is an option and there is debate as to if the rock rails are attached to the body or frame.

My question is this...will the aftermarket be able to supply these items in a reasonable time frame (under one year)? Jeeps have numerous options available; some of these are better than the factory pieces (think front and rear bumpers for instance). Of these three items, are there any where I should get the factory pieces? What is the difference between the bash plate and the upgraded bash plate anyway?

Sponsored

blkreaper

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Camaro SS m6, GX470, E39 & E24 BMW, 2005 Range
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not joking- I will probably end up with a base as our second one.. I made two reservations..
are you looking to adopt a grown child? I may fit that bill lol

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

With my price point of affordability being around $35k I'll probably be looking at a 2door base (auto) with the rapid red color, since I can't get orange... Don't think I'll do the quach as I plan on doing a decent amount of highway driving.

With destination charges & automatic will be around $3k. I want to see what options are available for it though before I know for sure. I do like the BB as well.
Sponsored