Wedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 FX4/ 2013 Mustang GT/ 2016 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Quick question

The Sync 4 system that is standard in the Base model, does it come with Navigation, Bluetooth, Sat radio etc? Or is it just CarPlay?
Similar to the difference between the F150 XL and XLT systems
This makes a difference for me choosing between the Base and Big Bend. I want Navigation and Sat radio.
Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quick question

The Sync 4 system that is standard in the Base model, does it come with Navigation, Bluetooth, Sat radio etc? Or is it just CarPlay?
Similar to the difference between the F150 XL and XLT systems
This makes a difference for me choosing between the Base and Big Bend. I want Navigation and Sat radio.

Looks like it is the full banana.

https://www.ford.com/technology/sync/sync-4/

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, god damn it. Guess I got to go with the black diamond trim then. Anybody want to by some shitty factory steel bumpers???
I was pissed at first too. Then I realized that everyone with the pricier trims will be going with piss (cyber) orange, Linda Blair vomit (cactus) green, and rigor mortis (area 51) blue to make sure people know they paid a bundle for their new ride.

That's when I realized how awesome and unique it will be to have a color that no one else wants. I'm dreaming of Antimatter Blue right now, but black, white, gray, silver, rapid red, velocity blue...man, they all look good!

Meanwhile, expect to see a million of those other ones on the road next year.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
^^^^^ That is one way to look at it. To me these type vehicles are a toy and as such should be a fun color. I can see why some would want a more conservative color for daily drivers. For my usage I'd love a lime green or some such.

Color is the last thing I looked at, I concentrated on the motor, trans, lockers, sway bar disconnect, size of differentials first. I totally missed the orange was a premium tri-coat metallic till I came across this thread. My main deal is to try and not buy parts that are going to be replaced, for example trail bumpers will be bought, then why spend money on factory steel bumpers. I have two platinum trim fords now, I don't want or need any fancy fluff on this toy.

After accepting this and going over the BD list with a fine tooth comb the bumper and HD bash plate (wonder what thin gauge those will be) are about the only things I really dislike. You could say why not just sell them, yeah right, factory take-offs are usually worth next to nothing, the price you get for them aren't even enough to spend the effort of shipping them. This is ok if you are in a metro area with plenty of buyers that will swing by to pick them up. I literally have every single factory part I took off my jeep in storage in my shop.

On the bright side, this build will be more highway friendly than the JK. After some reflection I may be able to just do bumpers and winches and a few more bolt on items along with tuning the 2.7 and be happy. Unlike with my JK, I paid $26K for the rubicon, spent $10K before I even saw the jeep (on bumpers, winch, lift, and tires) and spent another $14k in the following years in more parts, circa 2008.

But I have to say, when the aftermarket gets going on accessories for these Broncos, an owner will have to have the resolve of a viking shield wall.

Sponsored

Bronco-itis

Base
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw TDI 6spd
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry, 27995 at Laura Ford ;)

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else buying a two door at the 29995? Only option I will consider is rear locker if it can be had as a stand alone.
I'm thinking about it, probably will.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thinking about it, but I do like the roof rack and would use it for snowboards and the cargo box. Also, having the aux switches pre-wired from the factory may be worth it. It's all gonna depend on price of the options and how much I can get out of this old CJ7 sitting in my yard.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone else buying a two door at the 29995? Only option I will consider is rear locker if it can be had as a stand alone.
I'm thinking about it but it will be hard to not check the 2.7L auto and sasquatch boxes.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Aux switches and a rear locker are my only must haves, and because my wife refuses to learn manual, automatic so I will get a 2.7, they will all be checked off.

After that, hmmmm, BD or base, to squatch or not, color? IDGAF as long as its not white, all theoretical worthless mind scrambling with out the build and price....but I'll keep thinking and talking about it. lol

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Aux switches and a rear locker are my only must haves, and because my wife refuses to learn manual, automatic so I will get a 2.7, they will all be checked off.

After that, hmmmm, BD or base, to squatch or not, color? IDGAF as long as its not white, all theoretical worthless mind scrambling with out the build and price....but I'll keep thinking and talking about it. lol

My wife can drive standard but prefers auto, personally I'm happy with either, same with the engine.

I'm having the same thoughts as well, albeit different models, it all depends on how the packages price out. I'm torn between Badlands or base squatch. .......... or ............ just do a base w/ aux switches and add what I want in days, weeks, months, etc. after purchase.

Hope to get the price/ build sooner not later. Decisions to be made and before I realize it will be Dec.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My wife can drive standard but prefers auto, personally I'm happy with either, same with the engine.

I'm having the same thoughts as well, albeit different models, it all depends on how the packages price out. I'm torn between Badlands or base squatch. .......... or ............ just do a base w/ aux switches and add what I want in days, weeks, months, etc. after purchase.

Hope to get the price/ build sooner not later. Decisions to be made and before I realize it will be Dec.
That's where my thoughts are, the aftermarket for this will be off the charts as well as the take offs that will be for sale on ebay and CL.

One comment on the enhgine, I have a Explorer loaner this week with the 2.3....I am definitely getting the 2.7.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's where my thoughts are, the aftermarket for this will be off the charts as well as the take offs that will be for sale on ebay and CL.

One comment on the enhgine, I have a Explorer loaner this week with the 2.3....I am definitely getting the 2.7.

Good to know, my Explorer is 3.5 N/A and it has got some shit and git.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good to know, my Explorer is 3.5 N/A and it has got some shit and git.
After seeing the plumbing on the EcoBoost I am again dreaming of a NA V-6, just as likely as a V-8 i suppose.
Sponsored