SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am assuming a base + 2.7+ sasquatch will be in the 36-38k range. 28.5 + 1.6 for the auto + 1.6-2.5k for the 2.7 + 5k-6.5k for the sasquatch.

That is what I am shopping right now
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx available in 255 85 16, website 1010tire has a great comparison tool. I have Cooper AT3's on my Rubicon and F250, good on and off road.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
How do you think the stock 3.7 gearing will handle 33s. I think that is going to be the only gear options for base without sasq

RAB123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RUBICON , 1980 BLAZER , OWNED LIKE 4 OF THE ORIGINAL BRONCOS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I was gonna go for the WT or BL SAQ but I think for sure its going to be Base plus SAQ .

Can I just register at ford and build a couple of versions before i save it ?

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How do you think the stock 3.7 gearing will handle 33s. I think that is going to be the only gear options for base without sasq
Hoping that a stand alone rear locker in 4.27 or 4.46 is available on the Base. 3.73 would be quite high considering the high overdrive gears in the auto (might cause gear "hunting" on the highway), with a manual they probably would be OK

Sponsored

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am assuming a base + 2.7+ sasquatch will be in the 36-38k range. 28.5 + 1.6 for the auto + 1.6-2.5k for the 2.7 + 5k-6.5k for the sasquatch.

That is what I am shopping right now
That would make me very pleased.

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well, for what its worth, there are LOTS of 1981-1987 Land Cruiser 60 Series with 3.7 gears running 33s. And that's with a carbureted straight 6 with 135 hp, 200 ft lbs of torque and a 4 speed manual.

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hoping that a stand alone rear locker in 4.27 or 4.46 is available on the Base. 3.73 would be quite high considering the high overdrive gears in the auto (might cause gear "hunting" on the highway), with a manual they probably would be OK
I am hoping for the same.

however from the sales literature, It doesnā€™t look like the base is going to have option for rear locker or lower gears without sasq.

Fords q&a even said rear locker will be stand alone option on MOST trims.

I am assuming this means base.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Itā€™s going to be far from ideal on the 4 cylinder, probably completely lose 9th and 10th gear. 6 cylinder will be a little better but 10th will probably never happen.

While it is far from ideal I expect 80% of the people thathave that combination to be fine with how it works.

For me Iā€™m doing the 7 speed which comes with 4.46 and going minimum 33s.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone else buying a two door at the 29995? Only option I will consider is rear locker if it can be had as a stand alone.
I would but I just can not fathom no locker so I may be forced to Squatch or get the BD depending on the $$. I am horrified that I will be forced to pimp you ride just to get a locker, almost inconsolable......

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would but I just can not fathom no locker so I may be forced to Squatch or get the BD depending on the $$. I am horrified that I will be forced to pimp you ride just to get a locker, almost inconsolable......
It would be really nice to know if the non-locker axles had an available posi. I canā€™t imagine the thought process of putting a completely open rear axle on an off-road vehicle, thatā€™s ridiculous.

If it does at least have a posi I wouldnā€™t be worried about running it for a couple years before regearing and throwing a e-locker in the rear.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am hoping for the same.

however from the sales literature, It doesnā€™t look like the base is going to have option for rear locker or lower gears without sasq.

Fords q&a even said rear locker will be stand alone option on MOST trims.

I am assuming this means base.

More than likely all but the base.

My take is that same as posted above, 3.73 may have it "hunting" for gears at times, but for the most part will be fine. Should be more like 4.10-4.46 range would be best. On down the road, should you decide to go bigger tire, again, you could just re-gear then. ........ or put a tuner on it and give it a little more spunk for now,
Sponsored