Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I just read through this whole thread and I noticed some comments regarding engines/transmissions that I want to clear up.

So on the base model I think we're clear we'll have the options of..
2.3 with 7 speed manual
2.7 with 10 speed auto

I noticed some people mention the 2.3 with the auto 10 speed. I was under the impression this wasn't available on the base model. Has this changed?

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I just read through this whole thread and I noticed some comments regarding engines/transmissions that I want to clear up.

2.3 with 7 speed manual
2.7 with 10 speed auto

I noticed some people mention the 2.3 with the auto 10 speed. I was under the impression this wasn't available on the base model. Has this changed?
Does base model 4 door not come standard with auto? If that's the case there is no way a 2.7 is also included at that price.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2.3 is standard on Base models, 2.7 is optional.
Manual trans is standard on 2 door, Auto is standard on 4 door Base and Outer Banks.
Ford works in mysterious ways.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

2.3 with 7 speed manual
2.7 with 10 speed auto

Auto is shown as a stand alone option with the 2.3 on the base and required with the 2.7

21_Bronco_lineup_HR_page_2.jpg

Sponsored

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The more and more I have thought about it, its Base all the way for me. Pretty much everything I would want in higher trim levels (vinyl floor, Marine grade vinyl seats, heated seats, 33" tires, premium tail lights, etc...) I can add after the fact (vinyl floor will be ordered direct from ford, marine grade seats can be sourced as take offs most likely, heated seats can be aftermarket when redoing the seats). I now just have to decide on color, and 2.7 auto or 2.3 auto.... Leaning towards 2.3 auto just because of likely cost savings but we shall see when the Build and price arrives. Goal is to be under $30k. Rapid red is currently the leading color (unless Ford is so kind as to add Area 51 to the base model...).
It's amazing how Ford thought these packages out in terms of maxing out an individuals budget. Keeping Cactus Gray and Area-51 colors out of the base range was pretty sneaky. Those are my two favorite colors :)

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Auto is shown as a stand alone option with the 2.3 on the base and required with the 2.7

Ford Bronco Base Model Bronco Thread 21_Bronco_lineup_HR_page_2
The Auto Standard on 2.3 Base 4-Door Only but on Base 2 Door its Manual Standard.

Zackmd1

Outer Banks
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang 429, Ford Bronco 2dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's amazing how Ford thought these packages out in terms of maxing out an individuals budget. Keeping Cactus Gray and Area-51 colors out of the base range was pretty sneaky. Those are my two favorite colors :)
Exactly my problem.... My two favorite colors are the two that are not offered on the base model.... Jumping to big bend will get me both to choose from but a color is not worth $5k to me...

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Zeta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Exactly my problem.... My two favorite colors are the two that are not offered on the base model.... Jumping to big bend will get me both to choose from but a color is not worth $5k to me...
If it's literally just the color you can have it wrapped in anything you want for probably $2500 or less. It's going to be really hard for me not to spring for a wrap in sage or OD green.

However in reality I'll probably be more apt to spend that $2500 on Sasquatch if I'm feeling froggy. Speaking of, do you think if I got Sasquatch anyone would make a deal to trade my Sasquatch wheels and 35s for their BB or BD wheels and 32s? Would the gearing be OK?

Sponsored

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm with you both, those are the two colors I really like and want. I also like the aluminum wheels and slightly larger tires on the BB. I think you can also add a rear locker to the BB, but I'm not sure.

It's seems like they're leaving out just enough, to make me want to go up one level. As we all know, it will be really nice when the build & price becomes available so we can really narrow this all down.

kboom180

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What are the odds we get some footage of a base doing some easier trail and highway driving? For me, this will be a daily driver that will also take me camping via easy to maybe intermediate trails. Part of that would also just be scoping out the dimensions of the smallest wheel package. Im a little worried that it might have that big truck sitting on tiny wheels look. The highway footage would be helpful in knowing what kind of road and wind noise I would have to put up with for hours at a time at 80mph. Definitely not serious off roading questions but living in LA, I have to consider the freeway!

MrCheese69

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thoughts on the MT base as a daily driver? I do about 80% road, 20% off road trails for work and on weekends. Would be fun to have a manual 4x4 but am wondering if it will get annoying. Maybe I’ll wait to see if they release a MT base Sasquatch.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm not sure if this video has been posted or not, but it's a really fair comparison IMO between the Bronco base & wrangler sport.

Jeepjockey

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 P71, 1999 Wrangler, 1962 Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Base
Other than the upgraded diff and transfer case there’s really nothing base lacks for me. I can do everything else on my own. If Sasquatch is greater than $5k then it won’t be worth it to me; the base model in the blue color would be perfect for me.

Between sas or no sas, if I get it I’ll probably be happy stock+ 37s. If not I’ll just live with base + 33in tires.
Base with 33’s is where I’m headed. I like steel wheels and 16” tires are cheaper. I hope there are aftermarket lockers on the market for not too much money
Sponsored