Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was my thought exactly. We have to pay nearly 5K just to get to spend $1600 more for some goodies that are probably worth 1K. That's some tough tough math for me to wrap my mind around. My Bronco is basically going to be my "Old Man's" play toy. And, since my other vehicles have all those goodies I think I can do without them on the Bronco. So, as it is now I think I'm going with a Velocity Blue 2 door base with nothing else and be done. Wheels, and tires can come whenever I get the urge.
If you can wait, you will probably have the pick of many 32 inch take offs if you go that route. I donā€™t think I could roll on the 30.5ā€ street tires (I think) for more than a week.
Sponsored

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it will be pretty easy to find 17" 32's as take-offs from other models. I got some polished 20" wheels from a platinum with brand new ~32.5' Goodyear Kevlar take-offs with <50 miles on them for my F-150, mounted balanced and installed from the dealer for $800. Straight profit for them and good deal for me. Everyone happy.

I doubt any issues with fitment of 32~33 wheels/tires.

32~33 is a sweet spot for tire size I have found. And they look great on a 2-door although smallish on a 4-door.

So a sub $30k base that looks good and will be very capable and comfortable is definitely doable I think.

If they had an $800 locking rear diff option that would be perfect.

After living with the 2.7 10AT though I don't think I could give it up.

So dream for me would be:
$28,500 base
$600 tow package
$800 Locking diff (just a dream, no inside info)
$3,500 2.7 10AT

= $33,400 MSRP before any wheeling and dealing or destination charges etc. Maybe try and get the dealer to throw in his next set of take-offs from another model from someone who wants to go bigger right off the lot.

Basically the only thing pushing me over $30k is that sweet 2.7 10AT combo and I think I will miss that more often than I will miss the $3,500. :)
you need to add $1495 dest chg from ford...that ain't going away

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to keep the price around 40k for the 2 door... I can pretty much load up a base and do that (survey pricing). The BD goes over...way over, when I add the V6/Auto, Sas and trailering package. I mean, we are in AZ...does vinyl really matter that much? I like it for my dogs (hair issues with Fords carpet/ cloth seats). Today, I am leaning base or BB.
With Granger pricing for me
BD 2 door
$35,129?
2.7 AT $3500
Sasquatch $4500
Tow $600
Roof rails $400

Total not including sales tax- $44,129?
Doable for me..

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you can wait, you will probably have the pick of many 32 inch take offs if you go that route. I donā€™t think I could roll on the 30.5ā€ street tires (I think) for more than a week.
You could roll on them....just may not want to be seen rolling on them....kinda like the Moped or the fat girl....fun to ride just so no one see's you

Nomadin

Base
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know how much bigger the tire can be on the factory steel wheels? I actually kinda like the look of the steelies, but the fender gap is pretty extreme. I think 32" is a great fit aesthetically. Just curious how far you can go without replacing the wheels.

Sponsored

KDAber64

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F 150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
With Granger pricing for me
BD 2 door
$35,129?
2.7 AT $3500
Sasquatch $4500
Tow $600
Roof rails $400

Total not including sales tax- $44,129?
Doable for me..
That's about my limit...then you add the tax and we go over! Damn tax...... But if I don't do the Sasquatch I would be good. However, I wish we didn't have to get those pricey wheels with the Sasquatch and just up the tires to 35's with all the other goodies for like $3k or something.... ok I'm rambling.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We're of the same mind. I've bought quite a few take-off items in the past at great deals. I can roll the 30's for more than a week, but not much more. :)

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You could roll on them....just may not want to be seen rolling on them....kinda like the Moped or the fat girl....fun to ride just so no one see's you
Lol, only driving after sunset in the poorly lit areas.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know how much bigger the tire can be on the factory steel wheels? I actually kinda like the look of the steelies, but the fender gap is pretty extreme. I think 32" is a great fit aesthetically. Just curious how far you can go without replacing the wheels.
Check the Tire Rack website. They have the '21 bronco listed for tires, but that's all right now. I looked at 16' tires a few days ago, but I'm old and can't tell you now what I looked at. o_O:)

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
I envy the people with low/no taxes and cheap tags. It'll add another $3k-$4k with tax/title/fees here. Base price, few options, add on the costs mentioned and bam you're into $40ks real fast from that $28k starting price.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I envy the people with low/no taxes and cheap tags. It'll add another $3k-$4k with tax/title/fees here. Base price, few options, add on the costs mentioned and bam you're into $40ks real fast from that $28k starting price.
I've heard of the Cali tax from friends on the Corvette forum. I've also heard of how some of the dealers nit pick every bit of money out of you they can. Hopefully the Ford dealers there don't act like the Chevy dealers.

Here in North Carolina we pay 3% of the purchase price. Tag, and title is approx. 100 bucks. I thought that was high until I saw Cali's.

The thing we have to pay attention to is the Dealer's doc fee's. There no regulations here, and they are all over the board. Anywhere from $200 to $900 depending on the stealership you visit.

tokyo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
siennavenzasparkXDfit
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you need to add $1495 dest chg from ford...that ain't going away
yeah, I put ā€œbefore wheeling and dealing and destination..ā€

I was thinking itā€™s easier to just talk MSRP on here as I figured everyone knows they are going to have to deal with destination, doc, TT&L, mandatory dealer adds.. etc with their dealer.

MSRP is a common value so makes it easy for the discussion.

You are correct though there is no way in hades anybody is getting OTD for under $30k that is for sure!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canā€™t find where this was confirmed but is the Base 4 door NOT available with manual transmission?