klyders

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford xlt supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Base
Can't have the the back seats in my 2 door base! Wonder if Ford will remove the back seats and "accessorize" that space to make it more functional?
Sponsored

MrCheese69

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I haven’t been able to find much information on the base 4x4. Does anyone have more technical details on it beyond the marketing babble?

BigAl

Base
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I haven’t been able to find much information on the base 4x4. Does anyone have more technical details on it beyond the marketing babble?
Not much besides what is on the Ford site. I'm wondering how the standard H.O.S.S. suspension compares to the Ranger FX4 suspension. Im thinking it will be the same or better since there doesn't seem to be FX4 for the Bronco and Sasquatch seems above and beyond FX4

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 S550 / 94 Cobra SVT #13
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has anyone configured a totally loaded “Base” and is able to determine an approximate price point yet?

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean it’s a traditional 4x4, iirc 3.73 gears, open axles front and rear, 2 speed transfer case. Add 33”s and a rear locker and your good to go.

Unless you get a manual in which case gearing is 4.46 iirc. I hope they at least do a limited slip rear to hold over people that may wait to do a locker.

Sponsored

cmoney508

Base
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FR-S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just wanted to throw out there that I am beyond excited for a <$30K exciting, well-styled and equipped, yet barebones vehicle that comes standard with a manual transmission.

I have never bought a new car because I hate eating instant depreciation, but some poor financial decisions may be coming for me. Ford nailed it guys.

MEMessina72

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jk Rubicon 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

R&P, front and rear lockers, 17" wheels and 35" ... at least here in CA.... will cost you about $6 to 7k.

BWONCOSWULE!

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My guess is more than 5k... But we will see. If it's less than 35k for a base bronco with 35 inch tires and lockers than that will be an incredible deal and Jeep will have to rethink everything.
my guess is 6-7 for the sasquach in the base and 5-6 in the other models. Taking into account that some of the other models have lockers and upgraded tires already and ford takes this into consideration with pricing the package.

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just wanted to throw out there that I am beyond excited for a <$30K exciting, well-styled and equipped, yet barebones vehicle that comes standard with a manual transmission.

I have never bought a new car because I hate eating instant depreciation, but some poor financial decisions may be coming for me. Ford nailed it guys.
I have no idea how depreciation will be for the base model, but the Wrangler does not depreciate as much as I expected when I looked it up. Try finding a no accident Wrangler with under 40K miles for under $20K, regardless of features... it is very hard.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Who is actually putting their money where their mouth is and getting a base model? Count me in! 2-door, base, 7 speed, and sasquatch of course. Going for cactus grey, I am in AZ after all! I will add aux switches if available. Nothing else I really need, I'll go aftermarket!
NickP please verify... I thought I saw somewhere Sasq is not available on Base model with manual, only with the 10-speed auto tranny. Thanks. Where in AZ are you, I road trip to AZ to see my parents couple times a year...

Sponsored

cmoney508

Base
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FR-S
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no idea how depreciation will be for the base model, but the Wrangler does not depreciate as much as I expected when I looked it up. Try finding a no accident Wrangler with under 40K miles for under $20K, regardless of features... it is very hard.
I might consider waiting until 2022 or 2023 and buying a base with like 20K miles on it but I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait that long.... it has only been 2 weeks and I already can’t wait to test drive one.

Iconic

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm in for a base 2 door with the squatch package. It's too bad Ford is holding back on the options cost, it's as if to lead everyone on. Drip drip. Ford knows damn well what these packages and options will cost right now. If the squatch package turns out to be 7K, I'll likely walk and buy something else.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in for a base 2 door with the squatch package. It's too bad Ford is holding back on the options cost, it's as if to lead everyone on. Drip drip. Ford knows damn well what these packages and options will cost right now. If the squatch package turns out to be 7K, I'll likely walk and buy something else.
That’s my plan with the base but if the squatch is that expensive I will probably opt to the black diamond

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the squatch package turns out to be 7K, I'll likely walk and buy something else.
That would be a big mistake on their part. They are already pricing people out that don't have unlimited disposable income. I'd likely walk away too.

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I might consider waiting until 2022 or 2023 and buying a base with like 20K miles on it but I don’t know if I’ll be able to wait that long.... it has only been 2 weeks and I already can’t wait to test drive one.
I think an actual base model will be a unicorn after preorders are built. Not enough profit for Ford or dealers.
Sponsored