Base Model Bronco Thread

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or Detroit Locker? ARB requires an onboard compressor, right?
Never heard of that. Sounds like you’re referring to the onboard air compressor for airing down/up tires. That’s an entirely different thing.
Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never heard of that. Sounds like you’re referring to the onboard air compressor for airing down/up tires. That’s an entirely different thing.
I thought ARB lockers were air lockers that required a compressor.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle

Is listed as a available option.
So we are set, now to see the prices

Bronco_CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TIE Fighter
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Learn something new everyday. As if ARB gear wasn’t expensive enough. Nonetheless, you get what you pay for.

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
If f150s can be any indication, they offer multiple options for diff ratios and open/lockers. I don’t know if that’s been mentioned yet. If so mybad for the redundancy

Sponsored

BaseMod

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Electronic-locking Front and Rear Axle

Is listed as a available option.
So we are set, now to see the prices
This pushes me back to base from BB...need that build and price so I can finally reserve something!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Only if you get the Sasquatch package.
Maybe, maybe not. We need to see build options. I would hope Ford would give the option without the Squatch before getting up to the Badlands were it is standard. Would be bad PR to have a base stuck on the beach because you could not option lockers even though your willing to pay and do not really want 35s. But I may be forced to squatch, the horror...... Win win.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Maybe, maybe not. We need to see build options. I would hope Ford would give the option without the Squatch before getting up to the Badlands were it is standard. Would be bad PR to have a base stuck on the beach because you could not option lockers even though your willing to pay and do not really want 35s. But I may be forced to squatch, the horror...... Win win.
Well I mean that’s how options and trim levels work.
I drive pretty regularly on Northern NC OBX sand which is very loose and easy to dig. I air down to about 18-22 and don’t even lock my center. Your not going to need a rear locker on a beach, if your reaching for a locker either your tires are too aggressive combined with too much throttle or more likely you have too much air in the tires.

Without the Sasquatch on the Bronco base your stuck with the weaker aluminum diff, so you probably wouldn’t want over 33”. But I see no reason why anyone would be against the sasquatches 35”s. 35”s really aren’t that large in the off-road world.

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just put 4.56 gearing into my H2 it makes the 37s feel like 32s going down the road. Probably should have went 4.88s but I’m well at an advantage over factory gears so I’m happy, plus fuel economy around 13.5 is amazing.

There’s nothing wrong with getting the base Bronco and adding lockers aftermarket, honestly it also gives you a chance to re gear.
Unlrss the Sasquatch pack is much cheaper than expected it may make more sense just to go aftermarket for lockers.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If it’s only $4k it would be a killer deal and you definitely couldn’t do it aftermarket at that cost. $5k is probably quite reasonable, I don’t think it’s worth it at $6k.
Sponsored