Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread or outright wonky. It is my first post here.

So it has been awhile since I have had a truly off road capable truck and I keep bouncing between the Base and the Big Bend. My last off road capable truck was a Bronco from the 80's and all the new tech and options have me kind of stumped. I just want to hit the beach, camp, hunt, fish, and hit some trails. I don't plan on doing any heavy off-roading which is why I wanted to stay in the lower trims, but I definitely want to get to some harder to reach places. Since I'm in the south I know that I'm going to hit some mud. I don't anticipate doing anything heavier than this in the mud related category: Do you guys think I should go ahead and switch up to the Big Bend or stay with Base? I know the Base doesn't have the Mud/Rut GOAT mode. I'm also trying not to lose the ability to customize like the Base. The final decision is going to be based on the cost of the Sasquatch package, but input from people that have more experience in general is definitely going to help. Thanks!

Sorry I used the wrong link. The correct one is there now.
Sponsored

Last edited:

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here is a thread that discusses the eq differences. Base comes with all season tires - Big Bend comes with all terrain. You have to really want the few additional options Big Bend gives you (or the available additional cost options only available on BB) to pay the extra $5k.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...big-bend-over-the-base.2898/page-5#post-91346

Here also is the comparative on Ford’s site (also posted in the above thread).

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/compare-models/#base|bigbend

Last edited:

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The color you want might matter with your choice

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As per the Ford website right now, you can’t get a tow package with the Base model.

It also looks like the auto trans is standard on the Base 4 door. So maybe the Base 4 door price includes the auto trans? That would be sweet!!

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tarjea

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As per the Ford website right now, you can’t get a tow package with the Base model.

It also looks like the auto trans is standard on all 4 doors. So maybe the 4 door price includes the auto trans? That would be sweet!!

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/models/
I'm not towing anything with it. If i can't throw in the back for a trip it isn't needed. The base 4 door model is the only one that comes with a automatic as the factory standard.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tarjea

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here is a thread that discusses the eq differences. Base comes with all season tires - Big Bend comes with all terrain. You have to really want the few additional options Big Bend gives you (or the available additional cost options only available on BB) to pay the extra $5k.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...big-bend-over-the-base.2898/page-5#post-91346

Here also is the comparative on Ford’s site (also posted in the above thread).

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/compare-models/#base|bigbend
Thanks! That was really helpful. Somehow I missed that thread. All i have to decide is if that extra goat mode is worth it. It probably won't be because the Base Bronco looks like it'll be more than capable for what I'll run into.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
All i have to decide is if that extra goat mode is worth it.
You’re welcome! I agree, if that software mode is your primary want out the package, definitely not worth it.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread or outright wonky. It is my first post here.

So it has been awhile since I have had a truly off road capable truck and I keep bouncing between the Base and the Big Bend. My last off road capable truck was a Bronco from the 80's and all the new tech and options have me kind of stumped. I just want to hit the beach, camp, hunt, fish, and hit some trails. I don't plan on doing any heavy off-roading which is why I wanted to stay in the lower trims, but I definitely want to get to some harder to reach places. Since I'm in the south I know that I'm going to hit some mud. I don't anticipate doing anything heavier than this in the mud related category: Do you guys think I should go ahead and switch up to the Big Bend or stay with Base? I know the Base doesn't have the Mud/Rut GOAT mode. I'm also trying not to lose the ability to customize like the Base. The final decision is going to be based on the cost of the Sasquatch package, but input from people that have more experience in general is definitely going to help. Thanks!

Sorry I used the wrong link. The correct one is there now.
This is what I'm looking at. Kindda in the same thought process:

Base 4 door + Sasquatch + 2.7 = $40,100. Which is exactly were I wanted to land.

Big Bend 4 door + Auto + 4.27 E-Locker + 2.7 = $39,880. With this I get a 32's and probably a more reasonable DD vehicle with more than enough off-road gear. Plus I like the stock wheels and grill on the Big Bend over stock on Base. Also, I would most likely save $1,900 ($37,980) by not getting the 2.7, as the 4.27 should be more than enough for the 2.3 with the 32's.

I guess it really comes down to visuals.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The base 4 door model is the only one that comes with a automatic as the factory standard.
And Wild Track which is AT Standard with 4 Door.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was looking at the base, but if I want to get rid of those 30" tires and throw some 33" on I would have get the bronco re-geared. This is pushing me to big bend and most likely black diamond for all the other stuff I want.

Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
For me Base. Because Base + Sasquatch gives you and extreme Off Roader with 4.7 gears , front and rear lockers, bead lock wheels on 35s with 11.6 inches of ground clearance for only $36,600 with the 2.3.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m getting Big Bend for the wheels base and I suppose the mid-package. Although it seems silly since most of the things in that option is standard on cars that cost three times less.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is what I'm looking at. Kindda in the same thought process:

Base 4 door + Sasquatch + 2.7 = $40,100. Which is exactly were I wanted to land.

Big Bend 4 door + Auto + 4.27 E-Locker + 2.7 = $39,880. With this I get a 32's and probably a more reasonable DD vehicle with more than enough off-road gear. Plus I like the stock wheels and grill on the Big Bend over stock on Base. Also, I would most likely save $1,900 ($37,980) by not getting the 2.7, as the 4.27 should be more than enough for the 2.3 with the 32's.

I guess it really comes down to visuals.
I wonder how much the locking rear differential option will cost? That would be something I would definitely want to add to a Big Bend build sans Squatch.

DonM

Base
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4DR Base Sasquatch 2.3 in VB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder how much the locking rear differential option will cost? That would be something I would definitely want to add to a Big Bend build sans Squatch.
I hoping the 4.27 E-Locker will be around $500. However, I have no idea what a reasonable retail price would be either. But, the $500 sounds reasonable to me.

For me Base. Because Base + Sasquatch gives you and extreme Off Roader with 4.7 gears , front and rear lockers, bead lock wheels on 35s with 11.6 inches of ground clearance for only $36,600 with the 2.3.
I'm still not convinced that 2.3 with Sasquatch will give "me" enough performance (read quickness to road speed). I'm convinced that otherwise the 2.3 should be fine with Sasquatch and should be more than enough with 32's and 4.27 gearing.

Now newest idea, if available on the Base would be: Base 4 Door + rear helical gear LSD at 4.27 + 255/75R17 tire and wheel package + Aux Switches. If the gear change and LSD is a no go, then I'll be back to Base 4 Door + 2.7 + Aux Switches and do the tires at tire change. The extra oomph from the 2.7 should make up for the gearing issue once I go to a slightly taller tire.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hoping the 4.27 E-Locker will be around $500. However, I have no idea what a reasonable retail price would be either. But, the $500 sounds reasonable to me.

I'm still not convinced that 2.3 with Sasquatch will give "me" enough performance (read quickness to road speed). I'm convinced that otherwise the 2.3 should be fine with Sasquatch and should be more than enough with 32's and 4.27 gearing.

Now newest idea, if available on the Base would be: Base 4 Door + rear helical gear LSD at 4.27 + 255/75R17 tire and wheel package + Aux Switches. If the gear change and LSD is a no go, then I'll be back to Base 4 Door + 2.7 + Aux Switches and do the tires at tire change. The extra oomph from the 2.7 should make up for the gearing issue once I go to a slightly taller tire.
Did I miss something somewhere, but I thought Sasquatch is only available on the 2.7 auto transmission?

My plan is off-roading is about the same as Tarjea, easy to medium, no rock climbing, stay away from deep mud because I won't have a winch. Big Bend 2.3 manual because of a few more creature comforts of the Base. If something changed and Squatch is available on the 2.3 then I may consider that.
Sponsored