Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i didn't think about that! Is that possible? And thanks for the idea
My guess the hardest part will be availability. I’m not yet convinced ford will ship replacement wheels to dealers in any reasonable timeframe but hopefully I’m wrong
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guess the hardest part will be availability. I’m not yet convinced ford will ship replacement wheels to dealers in any reasonable timeframe but hopefully I’m wrong
Good to know. I keep taking off options from my build, and as I currently have a standard non was BL in order, next up is base mansquatch knowing someday I can always switch the steering wheel

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@texashoya I do not mind answering all these questions.

-- What kind of level kit did you put on there? 1 inch? more? 2in leveling kit from Rough Country. Link: https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-lift-kit-40400.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415

-- I assume the tires are 285/75-16...any concern about them busting the bead on the relatively narrow rims? Yes on the tire size. I was informed by @Discount Tire that this was the largest tire you can go with that wheel size without decreasing the integrity of the tire.

-- where'd you get them nice lookin' side steps? Honestly they are the OEM steps you can get at the dealership. You might want to wait until you get your FordPass points to get them discounted using the 42,000 you will get when you pick up your new Bronco! They ordered at the dealership and showed up the next week or you can join a Facebook group to find some cheap ones that people are getting rid of.

I also give credit to @BudgetBronco for the look I was going for. I wanted the steelies and wasn’t sure how it would look. He helped with my reassurance of going this route. Check out his posts/YouTube videos until you get your Bronco. It will ease the wait. Sort of….haha. Glad to see another Austin, TX Bronco coming!

Edit: I had the dealership add the lift to make sure it stayed under warranty because it’s so easy for them to void it if you don’t get it done by them. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Is that a Sasquatch shadow in the pic?
The 2.3 and 7spd is quick, fast and dare I say spirited. The Bronco has a great, tight turning radius on the OEM tires and even with EPS, the Bronco is very flickable and handles the curves better than expected for a truck based 4x4 SUV. It won't make you nervous taking a sharp corner fast. My avergae MPG has been 19.7 in Normal. Haven't bothered with Eco or Sport too much.
20211115_094257.jpg

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@texashoya I do not mind answering all these questions.

-- What kind of level kit did you put on there? 1 inch? more? 2in leveling kit from Rough Country. Link: https://www.roughcountry.com/ford-lift-kit-40400.html?find=2021-ford-bronco-4wd-784415

-- I assume the tires are 285/75-16...any concern about them busting the bead on the relatively narrow rims? Yes on the tire size. I was informed by @Discount Tire that this was the largest tire you can go with that wheel size without decreasing the integrity of the tire.

-- where'd you get them nice lookin' side steps? Honestly they are the OEM steps you can get at the dealership. You might want to wait until you get your FordPass points to get them discounted using the 42,000 you will get when you pick up your new Bronco! They ordered at the dealership and showed up the next week or you can join a Facebook group to find some cheap ones that people are getting rid of.

I also give credit to @BudgetBronco for the look I was going for. I wanted the steelies and wasn’t sure how it would look. He helped with my reassurance of going this route. Check out his posts/YouTube videos until you get your Bronco. It will ease the wait. Sort of….haha. Glad to see another Austin, TX Bronco coming!

Edit: I had the dealership add the lift to make sure it stayed under warranty because it’s so easy for them to void it if you don’t get it done by them. Better safe than sorry.
Hero.

Your dealership isn’t Maxwell by any chance, is it? That’s who I’m going through…
Your dealership isn’t Maxwell by any chance, is it? That’s who I’m going through…

Sponsored

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4 door base with sas and the 2.7 automatic. With the key pad, auxiliary switches, rubber floor mats and door bags from the factory. One thing I really wish I would have added from the factory is the upgraded front bumper.
On my own I added oem side steps and Bartact roll bar grab handles.
I have two pairs of FORD mudflaps that I am debating on adding or not.
I moved the keypad to the inside of the gas door and programmed my Base to auto start 10 minutes before my shift ends at the plant. It's a nice feature for a base model vehicle.
The Bronco rides / drives great and the seats are really nice as well.
I have zero complaints and got it from Granger on one of their special below invoice pricing.
Happy as can be. Kevin.

2021 Bronco.jpg

keyless entry on the inside fuel door.jpg
Keypad move.

Brilliant!

💡
😯

Last edited:

Bscholl8

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hero.

@texashoya no it was not. I went with Griffith Ford Seguin. I have a family friend there that is the internet sales manager.
Another note: don’t let them put the license plate bracket on the front unless you are ok with them drilling into your new Bronco. @BuiltRight Industries makes a great product to prevent the holes in the front. There may be a delay on delivery but you have 2 months of paper plates to avoid any ticket and the order alone will show you are trying to get the front license plate set up right. Link below.
https://builtrightind.com/products/...-ford-bronco-2021-for-standard-plastic-bumper

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I second this. Nobody believes I just got the Base model when they come look at it. They all think it must have been $20k more than the $40k MSRP. Everyone loves the AMB too! I added the following:

Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Mod Bumper
Roof Rack
Floor liners
OEM Running Boards (purchased online for $500)
Window Tint (local tint shop for $300)

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread IMG_1505.JPG

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread IMG_1514.JPG

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I second this. Nobody believes I just got the Base model when they come look at it. They all think it must have been $20k more than the $40k MSRP. Everyone loves the AMB too! I added the following:

Aux Switches
Mod Bumper
Roof Rack
Floor liners

It has a twin... When I get it...

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sasquatch
Aux Switches
Mod Bumper
Roof Rack
Floor liners

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1514.JPG
Basesquatch is the Bronco cheat code. Imagine if this screenshot had a separate "Sasquatch Edition"... priced at $35885 (between the Big Bend and the Black Diamond)... can you imagine how many more takers there would be at that price point if they openly advertised it as such?

Ford Bronco Base Model Owners: Official Thread ford-bronco-build-snapshot-1024x631

... oh, and it gets its own distinctive fender badging? ... which happens to have the coolest design... with the best name? ... and has (in the opinion of many) the most attractive and subtle grille... that's truest to the original? C'mon, man.

I know it's just my opinion, but I think Basesquatch buyers are lucky the thought of buying anything "Base" with a rubber steering wheel... without fadish halo lights.. or idiot lights to tell them someone's in their side mirror... or software to steer them into back into their own lane... is simply beneath a lot of people. Fine with me - that's the itch the other 6 models scratch to varying degrees.

In fact, I think the Basesquatch is legitimately an "8th model" that Ford has hidden in plain sight as a "package"... at an amazing value. For those that want all the capability but don't give a damn about being seen as "base"... I think it says a lot about the buyer.

I'm really grateful Ford didn't follow the Rubicon approach, where you have to go to the highest trim to get the best functional gear... because I think, in so many ways, the base model really captures the soul of the original. If anything, it may even be too plush :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was it easy to unstick that keypad from the door without damaging the paint? I assume there is no wire, and it uses a batter to transmit wirelessly?
Yes it was easy, battery operated and no wires. I used a piece of fishing line and starting on one end worked it up and down between the adhesive backing and door. Once I got about a 1/4 of the way through enough came that I used my fingers to take it off the rest of the way.
Only a little bit of residue remained and a solution of warm water / Dawn took cleaned that off quickly.
There was plenty of sticking power on the key pad too. After cleaning the inside of the fuel door with the same warm water / dawn solution I dried it with a hairdryer and stuck the keypad back on.

Carson

Base
First Name
Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did not get the keypad on my order because I disliked the look. Can this be added aftermarket from Ford parts? Like the idea of having it behind fuel door. I could change it today, I guess but hate to mess with my order on disappointment scheduling eve.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice reading all of the replies! I have been watching and reading about the Bronco since it's debut, placed my reservation July 20, early AM for a 2 door Basesquatch. Still waiting- build date was supposed to be this week.

All sounds good- I am glad I went with base model. It sure does not look "Base" from the pictures.

After all the waiting and reading some day it will finally be here. I will for sure check it out, although being so close to retirement and living on fixed income, the 16-19 MPG most likely won't work for me. I was so hoping it was going to get mid twenties. Yes every penny counts in retirement.

But I'm really hoping my son wants it. I'll almost pay for it and give it to him- if he can afford the gas. (It's not the price, if I can get it for MSRP- I have been saving, it's the recurring expense of gas that's the problem.)

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Zero regrets on the base. More and better than expected.
Sponsored